“Fantastic stay”

The Morley Hayes Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Morley
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I booked at the morley hayes after coming across the hotel on a golfing website. I wasn't too sure as I'd booked primarilly as a suprise for my boyfriend.
I had no need to worry as I turned off the road, he made me slow down to admire the driving range and golf course. We arrived half an hour before check in and thought we'd just ask if the rooms were available to be told we had to come back at exactly 3pm! Ok we were early. Anyway we had a walk round and checked in. The room was great, the size of the bed was fantastic enough room to spread out! It was a standard room but we felt that it was a little over cluttered. We didn't think it needed the round table and the extra work surface that came out. The shower curtain was a bit baffling as it curved round it would have been better straight! The shower was good and the pressure fantastic. Just a few gripes on big clumps of dust along the wooden surfaces but nothing a good wipe wouldn't sort out.

We used the dovecote restaurant, roosters and spikes during our stay and have no complaints whatsover.

We had the pleasure of using the driving range which my boyfriend was very good as you could tee off on grass! He also played on the short course twice. I was told that I would need the clothing and shoes to accompany him on the course and got into a panic as to where to buy the attire. I need not have worried as a member of staff over seeing the course said yes you are suppose to dress a certain way but he would let me on with a good pair of trainers on. I respect the rules but was very grateful for this member of staff's discretion.

I can't complain at all about morley hayes apart from the lack of personality at check in and the grumpy service received at breakfast. But not everything can be perfect.

We were a little sad to leave but will definitely return.

1  Thank srrats
Andrew04, Owner at The Morley Hayes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Thank you so much for posting your report on your stay here at Morley Hayes. I have dealt with the slightly negative comments as to the dust and breakfast staff. It is only by contructive comments that we can strive to continually improve guests stays here at Morley Hayes. Delighted you were able to join your boyfriend on the golf course. Hope you enjoyed it!

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We held our wedding at Morley Hayes, cannot fault it. We were married in the new wedding dome and the staff were as keen as us that the weather stayed good :-) The whole day was perfect from start to finish, the staff were attentive and helpful without being intrusive and all our guests commented on how much fun they had. Fantastic!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
Andrew04, Owner at The Morley Hayes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Thank you for the glowing report of your wedding in outdoor wedding dome. Our congratulations to you both

Reviewed August 19, 2011

my golfer husband's eyes lit up when he saw the driving range with wonderful view and even able to practise off grass as well a high tech coaching. my eyes lit up at my dessert of banana bavarois with pistachio ice-cream and fudge sauce. The view from our room was superb over one of their golf courses. Staff are all friendly and as I am not a golfer I asked for walking advice. Naturally walking across a golf course isn't welcomed but there is a lovely walk nearby to woods and across fields. I found a great pub just off route the Rose & Crown with great steaks and also lovely veggie options.

1  Thank IsofEsher
Andrew04, Owner at The Morley Hayes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Yes the driving range is one of the best in the area. We have power tees, grassed area and a practice bunker. It is open until 10pm and floodlit. Now the puddings!! yes they are delicious. Thanks for the comments they are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We had stayed at this hotel earlier in the year and the stay wasn't great.

HOWEVER, the hotel asked us to give them another go if ever in the area, so we did.

We stayed in a suite as we had done previously. The room was nice, modern and very clean. My only criticism is that the suites can be a little cluttered with lots of furniture, but that said, it was a very pleasant room with a balcony and views over the golf course.

We don't play golf at all, and just used the hotel as a base to visit Derbyshire.

We stayed for 3 nights during the week. Staff were very helpful and friendly, breakfast was excellent and the meals we had in Roosters bar were very good. This restaurant can get very busy, so if you stay, maybe reserve a table just in case.

I am very happy to have been proved wrong about this hotel. Our previous stay was in the middle of a large function / event, but on this occasion it was lovely and quiet and very pleasant (except if the mowers were on the golf course early doors)

We are fussy with hotels and do like comfort, cleanliness, quality and service. After this stay, I would certainly return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Andrew04, Owner at The Morley Hayes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you so much for taking up our offer of visiting us again here at Morley Hayes. We are delighted that your stay was very enjoyable.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

We held our wedding at Morley Hayes, on Monday 1 August, 2011 and we can honestly say that we couldn’t have made a better choice of venue!
The professionalism and helpfulness of the Events Co-ordination Team was outstanding. The hotel accommodation, public areas and function rooms are decorated and presented to a very high standard. The grounds are breath-taking and well maintained.
The wedding breakfast was delicious, served hot and without any uncomfortable delays sometimes experienced when catering for a large number of people.
Some of our guests stayed overnight in the hotel and they all said without exception that the guest rooms were outstanding and the staff helpful and polite.
We had an amazing day and our wedding guests all agreed that our choice of venue was absolutely perfect for this very special occasion.
We would not hesitate in recommending Morley Hayes to all our friends and fellow ‘tripadvisor’ clients.
Maggie & David

Dear Maggie and David

Congratulations on your wedding day. We are so pleased you had a lovely day. Our very best wishes for your future happiness together.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We spent our wedding nite at this hotel and have just spent the night of our first anniversary there, great hotel the food in both the dovecot restaurant and the roosters bar is fantastic quality with great service. I'm not a golfer so can't comment on that but the course looked immaculate to me!! Great tranquil countryside location.

• Stayed: August 2011

Congratulations on your first wedding anniversary. Apparently it is paper! Thank you for the time in submitting your report.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

The whole weekend was superb.The weather was even hot.The twenty ladies loved it. The service from the restaurant, to the reception staff, to the golf course was second to none. The food was cooked and presented very professionaly. Bedrooms were spacious and comfortable, and very roomy. Walk in shower was a bonus. The golf, I must say is challenging, but enjoyable. Golf pro and staff very helpful.
I would recommend this to all golfers and non golfers, and I would certainly go back.

Room Tip: rooms 110 to 115 overlook course, walk in shower, spacious rooms.No noise at all from Roosters.