1,445 results
All reviews tempo bar golf course cast iron two double beds oldest marriott grounds are beautiful spa treatments main building steam room leisure facilities golf club junior suite relaxing weekend evening meal steak bar prices peak district
Selected filters
Reviewed December 10, 2017

we went the 6 0f us, it was my mums 86 birthday. we have been to many afternoon teas and what a joy they all were, I mean at other venues, so we expected more or less the same. oh how not to be in this case I am sorry to say. I only tell the truth and write honest reviews, so here we go, we were down stairs and it was cold not a Christmas sparkle any where. the waitress came and asked if we wanted tea or coffee, then out came the drinks in plain white chunky tea and coffee cups, the sort you have in a road side café. then the cake stands came and no china plates just the bog standard white plates. with about 12 or 14 tiny finger sandwiches, egg, ham, and tuna. the cakes were not good at all we couldn't slice the scones open they fell apart so dry. some jam dropped in a dish like it had just been churned out of a jar. and a pokey tiny dish with a bit of cream in it. the coffee was almost cold I had to ask for some more hot water, and the tea was so weak it was almost none existence. I'm not a person to complain on the day because I didn't want to spoil the day any more than it had been. so I telephoned at 10,oclock next morning to ask to speak to the manager, who the girl on reception said he was busy and would telephone be back, but now as it gets to 4.30 I don't think that is going to happen. I am only writing this review because when the bill arrived it was a massive £106 pounds with an £11 service charge. that's £17.66 each which in my eyes was a complete rip off. we wont be back ever.

Room tip: the room we were in was a dining room for afternoon tea. it was cold.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank hillstreet055
Sanoj N, Manager at Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent visit to Breadsall Priory Hotel.

I would like to extend my apologies for the level of service whihc you have received at the Restaurant ,as Director of Food & Beverage its my priority to provide a relaxing and friendly environment for all our guests ,and i would like to reassure you that this is most definitely not to our usual high standards of hospitality.

Please be assured that the comments are been passed to the chef to avoid any future recurrences.Again please accept my apologies and regret that your visit did not meet our usual high standards.

Sanoj Neelampulli

Reviewed December 6, 2017

This is a memorable hotel. The location is outstanding, and the hotel is set in awesome greenery and very scenic surroundings. The hotel building itself is fascinating from the outside, although it becomes quite bland and "corporate-style" anonymous on the inside. The hotel is a 3-dimensional maze, corridors take you all over the place and a map is useful to find your room, with the additional problem that you need a good sense of the third dimension with small flights of stairs going up or down to keep you at the same level, even if you don't get lost. Good bar, and very nice restaurant (even though it serves the exact same menu found in each Marriott cast iron grill across the UK). Service is reasonably good - some people are more service-driven than others. Not sure it's good value for the rate paid, but I spent a comfortable night in this hotel. I believe that I will return, and that is enough said in a review.

Room tip: Don't unload your luggage before you check in. Wait till you are assigned a room, then drive your car to the closest parking spot.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback and sharing your experience with the Marriott Breadsall Priory Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the overall hotel services and facilities .Our team take great pride in providing excellent guest experience and i have shared your feedback and compliments with our team .we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit .

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

Striking and characterful from the outside but very standard corporate feel and decor inside. Breakfast is good (it’s help yourself to cooked, cereals, pastries), rooms are fine (much like any Marriott). Grounds are impressive but on business trips you aren’t likely to benefit much from that. Dinner options are pretty good - restaurant or Sports bar (limited menu there - eg burgers, Fish and Chips). If heading towards Derby in the morning the short run down to meet the A61 gets busy by 7:30 and by 8 it’s really slow progress. The A38 South is also heavily congested from 7:30 onwards.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

We were very impressed with almost everything. Surroundings were stunning so peaceful and beautifully kept. Staff amazing food great but wine by the glass £11 A glass!!!that is out of order!we wa t to return but think we were ripped off with wine prices. Jane and Dave Wakefield

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

We had great time ,only one night stay ! Easy access to the Spa, 2 restaurants in the hotel serving amazing food! Beautiful grounds !!! Room very clean and fresh,Reception and restaurant staff very polite and helpful.I would recommend this hotel for weekend away with Spa

Date of stay: November 2017