“Nice Place to Stay”

Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Morley
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Just back from a weekend of meeting up with friends and staying at Breadsall Priory. Excellent location, friendly and attentive staff and superb quality of food. Drinks a bit pricey but no worse than any other hotel I have stayed in and I would liked to see the open fires lit. Apart from that fab weekend and would highly recommend the hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
janeJ6, PA to General Manager at Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,236)

Reviewed January 26, 2014

My first stay in a hotel that I actually grew up near to. Lovely grounds but quite spread out. Difficult trying to work out where to park to be closest to your room.
If I had been disabled, even though I was in a disabled room on 2nd floor, but direct from nearest car park, I would have had to go all around the outside to get back to reception and the restaurant. Otherwise lots of steps both up and down just to get back to reception. Actually not sure how easy it would have been to get to breakfast. Not good in the rain. I found it easier in the morning to drive back around to car park nearest reception to check out.
I have two bugbears in hotels; no water in the room and chargeable WiFi. Here you had no water in the room. WiFi was £15 for 24 hours. Yes it may be free in the public areas but that doesn't help when you are in your room miles from reception.
I was also there for a conference and again no WiFi in the conference room. We could have paid £15 per delegate! That has put me off booking another conference with this hotel.
Food was good, service not the fastest.
I probable wouldn't return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Allayne B, Manager at Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Could you please contact me on allayne.broom@marriotthotels.com to discuss

Reviewed January 26, 2014

9 of us went on a rejuvenate spa day yesterday for my birthday. We started with a hot drink in the Tempo bar then had 1 x treatment each. Everyone said how relaxed it made them feel. The therapists were all really friendly and we all came out floating!! I wish I had booked extra treatments :)). We went back to the bar for an early lunch which was delicious and again the staff were really friendly & attentive and couldn't do enough for you. In the afternoon we settled ourselves around the pool to relax. We all did a bit of swimming, used the steam room, sauna & jacuzzi. The only negative I would mention is that there isn't enough seating around the pool. We had to ask for more chairs as there were 9 of us and we're told they didn't have anymore. Having said that the pool staff did their best to find some and sorted it in the end. Again they were friendly & helpful. We had a lovely relaxing day and I would definitely go there again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank janeyC26
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I need to get my negative out the way. When you are paying a high price for accommodation and for a meal I do object to paying over the odds for wifi in the room! That said, great location, lovely hotel and some excellent service just don't start me on the wifi issue again.....I also think that the hotel breakfast is consistently one of the best I have eaten.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David B
Allayne B, Manager at Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for your positive comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed the breakfast. I am sorry that you were disappointed that you had to pay for WI FI in the bedroom. We have recently made sure that all our guests can enjoy free WI FI in the public areas.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We took three rooms for two nights at New Years Eve. Our youngest daughter and family live near by to this hotel and , as a treat , we all spent two nights here together. The quality of the hotel was what you would expect from a Marriott, we have stayed here before. The rooms were good sized and comfortable andcars were parked near to the building, making transfer of baggage easy.There are two restaurants , Tempo and the Priory. We ate our evening meals in then Tempo and Breakfasts in the Priory. Both were excellent. We went to the New Years Gala for families, as we had girls of 9 and 13, and we could not go to the Adult function, which was a pity, because they were dressed in their finest and there were some quite noisy and not too well behaved children in our function. Having said that we had an enjoyable time. The pool and associated facilities were enjoyed by all the family and a pleasant day was spent . The natural surroundings of the hotel are beautiful, and if you wanted to go sightseeing, which we didn't, there are plenty of places to visit within half an hours driving. We don't play golf , but the course looked very attractive and almost got me going! All told a lovely couple of nights in mid-winter

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night on 16th November 2013, Lovely hotel with golf course & gardens, Large room with very large bed. Reception staff were excellent.
Hotel is a little "out of the way" but this does add to the charm & character of the hotel.

Room Tip: High floor in old building.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had a lovely break at this hotel between Christmas and new year. The staff were very friendly the rooms were large, clean and welcoming. The entire place has a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere

The food at dinner was very nice and despite being a large table we were served promptly. At the price we paid we really cannot grumble as this trip truly was fantastic value. The only tiny thing I was not a fan of was the ensuite was nice but had a slightly tired looking shower curtain and hotel shower curtains always seem a bit grim to me!

The grounds of the priory were stunning and immaculate definitely make you want to get up and explore.

Room Tip: If anyone in your group has slightly limited mobility I would flag this up when you book as the hote...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morley
Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court
#1 of 1 in Brimington
Peak Edge Hotel
Peak Edge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Stonedge

Been to Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!