Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Morley
England
“Great rooms”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed over Easter 2013 for a family wedding. The rooms are mostly in a modern block to the rear of the old priory but are linked by passageways to the rest of the hotel. Rooms are spacious and welcoming with good facilities although wi-fi was not free as in many other world hotels. On the Friday night a large group of us ate in the Tempo bar. The staff coped very well and the food was good. The wedding was very well organised and the venue stunning. The food at the reception was excellent. The pool , sauna and steam room were also very good and clean. The location of the hotel is well placed for sightseeing in the Derbyshire countryside and is easily accessible from the motorway. Breakfast was varied and plentiful, served in the old part of the hotel. The real bonus is that Marriott accept Tesco vouchers which saved us a fortune on 2 rooms.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the fountain rather than the hotel car park.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Polish first
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We recently visited Breadsall Priory for a spa day. Whilst it has amazing surroundings it's really not a spa day venue. They do not supply robes as they don't want anyone sitting around the cafe bar in them or wandering around in them so if you want to get a drink or lunch you have to get dressed. The spa treatments take place in a completely different building from the pool area so again, you need to get dressed and walk to it. The facial I had was very good value and the therapist was friendly. The pool itself was OK but very dirty around the outside, my hubbie and I spied serveral old plasters lying about and there was alot of dirt and fluff. We arrived mid morning and left in the afternoon and didn't see any staff cleaning at all apart from in the shower area in the changing rooms (which were very clean and tidy) Also worth noting that they have exercise classes in the pool and kids swimming lesssons so worth checking on this before you go. The staff in the leisure facility were friendly and helpful but it's clear this is very much a gym and pool for locals and hotel guests and not somewhere to attract ladies who want a relaxing spa day! We chose Breadsall as we were in the area for a long weekend and wanted a nice countyside location Marriott not a city centre hotel. I'm sure the facilites are fine for hotel guests but I wouldn't choose this as a spa retreat and the pool area certainly needs more TLC. We did have lunch in the Tempo Cafe Bar which as you would expect for a golf club/hotel resort served slightly overpriced sandwiches and bar snacks. Could do better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
11 Thank mazzystar1
Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We were here for a couple nights spa break. Rooms were nice and spacious. Gym good. Pool and steam room a bit grubby though. The spa treatments and staff were fab. Beautiful setting. Plenty parking. Big hotel, our room was at the back near the golf course entrance. Only thing letting this hotel down was the cleanliness of the pool, steam room and jacuzzi.

• Stayed March 2013
southend on sea
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for our wedding anniversary. I found Breadsall through using my Tesco Clubcard vouchers. Basically £30 bought us 1 night stay in a deluxe room with breakfast for £120. We then paid £120 for the second night. My
Husband and I are keen runners and mountain bikers so we wanted a lovely hotel to stay which provided a bit of luxury plus fab surroundings to run/bike.
As we turned into the drive it was certainly very pretty, exactly as we'd hoped. The main building which is an old priory set into amazing grounds which is a golf course, long sweeping drive and ample parking.
The receptionist was courteous, and pleasant, I was so pleased when she told us our room was in the main building as I had seen reviews that the much newer built annexe over to the rear of the priory felt a bit like being put out of the way.
Our room 301 was on the 2nd floor, above the function rooms, our weekend saw 1 wedding, a civil ceremony and 2 golfing club dinners. However we heard no noise until we came down stairs.
Our room was large, the bed extremely comfortable and the view was nice ( not the best though, ours looked out to a piece of grass and the car park) I think the upgraded rooms such as suites get the best views.
No lovely little touches like bathrobes, fancy towels or flowers, the kettle and hair dryer both very old. The bathroom although clean was dated however the bed linen, and general
Coziness made up for it.
We used the pool, spa and steam room. All very nice, towels provided free.
Booked the restaraunt for our anniversary meal. We had a bottle of wine, a starter and main each. The food was absolutely superb and service very good. No complaints and I would recommend. That came to £78, we were too full for deserts. The bar was a bit pricey, paid £11.40 for 2 vodka/cokes.
Breakfast both days was superb, a real
Highlight. Omelettes cooked in front of you, fruit, full English, cereals, yoghurts, patisseries, you name it they had it. All self service. Teas and coffees brought to you.
Overall we had a great stay, would definitely return if we go back to that area but I would only want to stay in the main building again. The annexe, although they've tried to make it fit in, it doesn't really. It's a big rectangle hidden around the back, although I'm sure some of the rooms have great views. I just felt part of a fantastic old building staying inside the older part.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank jcolbs
Norfolk
Reviewed April 22, 2013

It was my responsibility to book a stag golfing weekend for 8 blokes and found Breadstall Priory and I must say it was a good choice.
Firstly I will agree that the check in experience leaves a bit to be desired but we did get an apology which was greatly appreciated. The rooms are a bit of a hike from the reception but I suppose that this can't really be helped as it is just the layout of the hotel although if you do have difficulty in getting around then this may be a problem as there are lot of changes in levels.
The golf courses are challenging and offer very good variation between the two courses.
Restaurant offered a good choice and I must say that one or two of us are quite picky eaters but we could not fault the food or the service.
The room where typical, clean, spacious and clean.
We did venture into the swimming pool and spa and found this very clean and well maintained.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to golfers and couples alike in fact I think that I may take the wife.

Room Tip: Check in and leave your luggage in the car as you may find it easier to park at the car park to the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HappydaysNorfolk
Long Melford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The surroundings were beautiful and there are many options to choose from if you wish you keep yourself busy during the day. The receptionist and porter were very welcoming and ensured that we were offered help with our luggage to the room. However, our room was at the far end of what appeared to be a totally different place to the main hotel building. It was a 5 minute walk to the restaurant alone! Once you are at the restaurant you have to pay above average for below average food! Although the room was nice, me and my partner feel we could have got the same quality room in a Premier Inn for a fraction of the price. Please my hotel but not worth the money

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ScarletFS
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Went here for a spa day, Have seen previous review's they must of just been unlucky. Staff were very helpful at all time's, Was shown around the whole venue (spa gym & treatment rooms) We had a coffee first which was very nice latte. When we went to the pool we were offered free towels have to be honest here this was a small let down they were rough old and a bit shabby my advice here is take your own. The pool was nearly empty which was nice the Jacuzzi was nice and warm had sauna and steam room. We after a few hour's of using the pool and so on, Went to get changed for our treatment's. They had good strong shower's with complementary shower cream and hair products they also had good hair dyer's. The treatment's were excellent the girls were friendly and very genuine and did a marvelous job. We then had lunch which was a chicken mayo sandwich Again fantastic fresh chicken breast good quality brown/whole bread fresh side salad and vegetable crisp's. I can not find much to fault myself the deal was brought from groupon and very good value i would go again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morley
Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court
#2 of 3 in Matlock Bath
Jurys Inn Derby
Jurys Inn Derby
#3 of 29 in Derby

Been to Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!