Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club
$149
Horsley Lodge(Horsley)
$123
TripAdvisor
Travelodge Derby Chaddesden(Derby)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
$44
Travelodge
$66
ClarionHotels.com
Premier Inn Derby East Hotel(Derby)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Travelodge Derby Pride Park(Derby)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
$65
$58
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
1,280 results
All reviewstempo bargolf courseoldest marriottspa treatmentsmain buildingsteam roomleisure clubleisure facilitiesjunior suiterelaxing weekendevening mealtwo double bedsgrounds are stunningsteakpeak districtwedding partyfood was lovely
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I (Bethan) went here with my Mum for my 21st Birthday and stayed from 22nd-24th February. When we first turned into the grounds the golf courses are very well kept and the building looked fantastic! We parked in the main car park and then checked in, they gave us a map and told us the best car park to park in as we were in the country club area. We got to the room and it was fantastic, we had 2 double beds as requested and a lovely view over the golf course.

About 10 minutes after we arrived there was a knock on the door and I was given a plate the was decorated with chocolate with handmade chocolates and strawberries! A wonderful touch and the chocolates were gorgeous!

The beds were really comfy and allowed a fantastic nights sleep, the pillows were lovely too, I had the best nights sleep ever! The rest of the room was lovely, the TV had a selection of channels you could watch for free and then films and packages that could be purchased. You could set alarms through the TV and view your room bill which was updated regularly which was helpful.

We had a 3 course meal in the Priory restaurant on our first night which was tremendous. The service was great and there was a wide selection of starters, mains and deserts. The breakfast was served in the Priory restaurant too but was buffet style not a la carte. Again there was a wide selection, you could have fruit, cereal, yoghurt, toast and a hot selection too. There was also an omelette bar where you could pick your fillings and they would make you an omelette. There was a selection of fruit juices and they would also ask if you wanted tea or coffee which would then be brought to your table.

The Tempo bar was a more relaxed bar/restaurant overlooking the swimming pool which was a bit cheaper, we had a few drinks here but didn't have any meals as we chose to eat out in the area on our second night as the surrounding areas were lovely too.

We visited the spa and each had a 25 minute facial which was unbelievably relaxing, the product used was very kind to the skin and left my face feeling amazing and it was glowing! After the facials we were given some samples and a list of the products that had been used and recommended. They also sold bare minerals make up.

We had set up a room bill upon arrival which meant we could pay for things on the room tab meaning we didn't have to carry cash or pay on card every time we wanted a drink or when we visited the spa. Checking out was very quick and easy and we were on our way in no time. We would definitely visit this hotel again and would not hesitate to try another Marriott hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were a group of 7 ladies, one of whom is pregnant, who had bought vouchers for a spa day experience. We drove from Leicester to Derby for this not-so-spa-experience.

When I called to book the treatments, I asked about the mums to be package and offered to pay extra for the treatment, only to be told that this wasn't a treatment they did anymore. Whilst having the treatment, we were informed that actually they do still offer the treatment, its just not part of the package bought. The treatments we received were different, ie most of us had full body massages, but some had their head massaged others didn't. Some had an explanation of what oils were used and for what purpose, some weren't. We requested additional treatments, valued around £200, to be told they couldn't do the treatments. The actual spa experience was much more expensive than the treatments.

There were no refreshments available around the 'spa' - which is the normal hotel pool facilities with hotel guests also amongst us - there was a lack of seating to relax and lockers were broken. The wet towel bin wasn't checked regularly and overflowing. No robes were provided, so we had to change to go for our treatments, come back and shower etc or spend less time in the 'spa' and shower before our treatments.

The general hotel staff were polite & pleasant, but I would not recommend this hotel as a spa experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank tia_tasnim
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Lynn and I thought we would have a couple of nights away from the kids this half term. We stayed at Breadsall Priory near Derby which was set in lovely countryside and a golf course. The staff were marvellous which we have come to expect when staying at a Marriot hotel.
The hotel and our room needed some tlc and an update. I couldn't believe we had to pay for wifi in public areas. Lynn had a few baths at the hotel which were not very nice due the water being brown due to there being a problem with pipes. We booked an evening meal deal but found that the days we were staying, that the main restaurant was closed and only the bar restaurant was open which was a bit of a let down. However, everything we complained politely about was met with such curtesy and a reduction of the bill that we would definitely recommend the hotel for a stay again. Steve :0)

Room Tip: Check if the main restaurant is open during your stay
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Snowdon59
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Booked this hotel for a one night work related stay and not quite what we expected, and a lot of money in comparison with many other hotels.

Firstly dispel any thoughts of a lovely ancient priory once you leave the main reception area and think of a dated 1980's style business hotel.

Once I'd walked the miles up and downstairs to my "deluxe" room I found a spacious but dated room. The wallpaper looked as if it had been put up years ago and then not very well. The electric radiator had been replaced - but the holes and dirt left by its predecessor remained. There was one (hard) armchair. The bathroom was ok but the shower leaked all over the floor, the towels were old and scratchy and the smellies looked cheap and unknown (I might not use them but I do judge a hotel by them!) . To add to my annoyance the wifi is £15.00 (nice little earner with 100 + rooms) and the phone signal so weak that to properly use email to work you either cough up or do without.

No-ones fault that there was a major footie match on but the bar did redeem itself with a decent glass of wine and a nicely cooked, non-microwaved, supper served by very pleasant staff.

The somewhat depressing room and below par bathroom aside, the bed was clean and very comfy.

Once I'd found the breakfast room I was a bit shocked at a self service buffet at £170 a night, although there was an omelette station where a nice lady made my colleague what he said was a lovely omelette. The buffet was fine and a decent choice, but at the price I would have expected a more personal service with cooked-to-order options.

When I checked out I was not able to have an invoice showing anything but the "extras" as I'd booked through a booking website (a first). I asked the receptionist if mine really had been the "deluxe" room (as that infers it's somehow "better" than the room class below) to be told that "deluxe" rooms are standard rooms - there are no lower grades than deluxe. Come on Marriott - that's a bit crafty!

As I wasn't asked if I'd had a nice stay I wasn't forced to comment, but would say that the only redeeming features of this hotel are the staff and food and next time I come to Derby I'll stay at one of the many chains I like to avoid and pay a fraction of the price - but at least I'll know what to expect.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Whitby1964
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My partner & I came here for 2 nights as a treat & wasn't disappointed.
The grounds driving up to the Hotel are large & well maintained, the golf course looks impressive but it had been snowing so this made it look like a winter scene from a fairytale!
Check-In was fast & friendly & we were given directions to our room, good job because its a big old hotel & was quite away to walk with our bags. Theres alot of steps up & down very quirky, so maybe not very friendly for people who find it hard to walk, nevertheless its very charming.
The room was clean & tidy the heating had been put on so it felt nice & cosy considering the weather outside.
The bed was out of this world sooo comfortable & the pillow were to die for, I have never slept so well as I did those 2 nights, that alone is a reason to go back!
We didn't dine there at night time as we had already got reservations elsewhere but the breakfast was one of the nicest layout of a buffet style we have had (and we've had a few!!) So much choice & food was fresh.
We had room service one morning & the only thing of a negative was we had no butter/jam for the toast, but we rang receptionist & some was brought to our room at the speed of light, so not a problem really.
The pool area was a slight disappointment because we don't like to be over looked by people sitting in the bar while were swimming but all the same we enjoyed it & the jacuzzi was nice & relaxing. Steam room & sauna also clean & enjoyable.
The bar area is very comfortable with TV's we ended up staying there far longer than expected as it was quite a nice atmosphere before having a walk round the grounds in the snow!
All in all a pleasant & relaxing hotel & we wouldn't hesitate to go back there.
We saw inside some of the function rooms & looks great for weddings or conferences too.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple