“De Vere Wychwood Park”

Wychwood Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Weston
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Pros: Nice building and surrounding area, tea and coffee facilities in reception, clean rooms, free parking.

Cons: Room decor is not even as nice as a Travelodge, the beds are the least comfortable I have ever slept in (my back is still sore a week later and I got barely any sleep - they really are that bad), the approved taxi service they use takes so long to arrive that we missed our train so I would recommend using a different service, and they charged us twice for the room at two different rates.

It's a shame because the location and building are nice, and it could be a lovely hotel. But due to the beds and the room decor I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah H
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Sarah H
Thank you for your recent posting.
We are undertaking works to our bedrooms as part of an internal programme ahead of any bedroom upgrade later this year as previously mentioned in my other responses.
I am sorry your bed was not to your liking, I will check other comment cards to see if you left this comment so I can have it looked at, if not drop me a note so I know a specific room number.
This is the first time I have heard the taxi company not making a time but will monitor this with them. Although the station journey can be made in less than 10 minutes most of the time in rush hour it can take well over this when against the traffic. I will ensure the front desk team extend this journey time to any guests going to the station.
I was pleased to see the surroundings, nice building, clean rooms, free parking and energy stations were to your liking along with free wi fi if used.
I do hope we can see you back if not in short term maybe after our bedrooms have been done.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Myself and three friends spent one night at the hotel whilst playing a little golf. We each had rooms that needed a coat of paint, some new furniture and updated televisions. The evening meal was fine, though there was a problem with the lighting which meant we ate by candle light but it was actually so dark you couldn't clearly see what you were eating. All the staff were friendly and accommodating and finally an overcharge on our bill was corrected quickly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Paul_Bar55
Thank you for taking the time to post a recent review.
As mentioned in previous reviews the televisions will hopefully be reviewed by the end of this year and we are currently going around all of the rooms to upgrade where ever possible ahead of any full scale redecoration programme later in the year.
I am pleased to see dinner was good and overall the staff were friendly and accommodating.
I will look into the loss of light on the evening you dined
I hope to see you back in the near future

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have to say that the experience of attending Wychwood Park Hotel for a Dinner was extremely disapoointing. The service was unbelivably poor, quality of food was exceptionally poor, you needed a magnifying glass to see the portion of meat, two of the smallest slices of pork I have ever seen. You get more on a Hog Roast Bap!

The price of drinks was very expensive, the bar area should be nice but was spoiled by a pool table in the middle.

Finally when speeches were been made the staff were so rude they continued collecting plates rather than show some respect.

All in all a very poor venue and this was only three weeks ago. Not to be recommended.

1  Thank Rob S

Dear Rob S
Thank you for your recent posting. I am sorry you felt the dinner and service was exceedingly poor.
We have had follow up calls with all our dinners and this has not been mentioned on any of the feedback. If you wish to let us know directly then more than happy to look into for you.
Drinks receptions will take place according to where organisers wish them to be taken, these can be done outside, in the Atrium or in Bar Vista. The latter is our hotel bar which does have a pool table in for any guests during their stay.
We review all of our bar prices regularly and I am sorry you felt them more expensive than you may have expected and will be more expensive than local pubs.
I will ensure at any future dinners we are mindful of speeches and when we clear the plates.
Once again I am sorry you have had to make this comment.
Regards,

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Last year we booked wychwood park for our wedding venue.
19th April 2013 / Simon & Traci

We were lucky enough to utilise the cedar house for the actual ceremony as the sun made a rare special guest appearance for our special day.
After the ceremony our guests went into bar vista for refreshments and canopies, all guests were very happy. All staff were attentive to the guests needs. Bar vista is perfect for all as all the amenities are on the same level, mingling area, bar, smoking (if required) on the terrace & toilets.
The evening reception was held over at the golf club (upstairs), again as bar vista all guests were able to enjoy the same amenities as the bar vista as everything was accessible on 1 floor.
No bad comments to advise on.
All guests were extremely comfortable.
We opted for the BBQ menu and everyone commented how nice it was.
We also went for a midnight feast and offered our guests chips and rolls, the only thing people commented on was the rolls weren't buttered.
Bernadete who is the main wedding co-ordinator is perfect, she went though everything with us making sure our day was everything we wanted it to be - thank you Bernadete.
We'd also like to thank Sophie who looked after us throughout the day.
Excellent venue and we would recommend to anyone for an up and coming wedding!!
Thanks all - Simon & Traci

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Simon and Traci.
Thank you for your recent posting.
I am pleased that you chose to hold your wedding reception using the Cedar House, Bar Vista and Wychwood Suite and you thought we were an excellent venue. It was good to hear the weather turned out nice for you also.
Bernadette, our Wedding Co ordinator offers great experience, taking care of all weddings to ensure each day runs smoothly for each happy couple however they wish to have it. I will also make sure your comments are passed on to Sophie.
I would like to wish you both a long and happy life together.
Nathan. (General Manager)

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Played a round of golf here with 3 friends. Hired buggies and took off for the 18 holes. I found the course in generally excellent condition and pretty challenging in parts. The buggies were particularly fun. Fairways were all in top notch condition, the greens had just been treated and were a little sandy but still great to play on. The bunkers were in fantastic condition too, plenty of fine sand so you could get under the ball. The 17th hole was particularly interesting, a long par 3 over a lake, the green has a 'swamp' to the back and left which I managed to find - very unforgiving hole but lots of fun.
Hotel - although I didn't stay here for the evening, I did frequent the bar and had a meal. Walking through the hotel, the quality seems excellent. The staff were very friendly and the bar very relaxing. Watched a game of football on one of the big screens whilst relaxing on a leather settee and eating the Verve burger. The food was delicious, top quality steak burger with a tub of chips, relish and coleslaw, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!
Will definitely visit here again and recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Kev Y
I am pleased you enjoyed your game of golf, the course is holding up really well considering the weather so far this year, the grass is only really now beginning to grow and take on some colour. We hollow tined about 10 days ago hence the sand on greens however this will disappear soon.
There are some great holes on the course and 17th does come up in conversation.
Pleased to see you enjoyed the bar food and found the staff really friendly.
I look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

First time I've added a review, but thought it was about time after staying at lots of places good and bad over the years. This stay fitted into the excellent band.
Booked a one night stay, mid week, and a round of Golf for a group of us and was a very good deal.
Hotel - Staff at front desk where welcoming and very quick check in. Room was good size, clean, modern and lots of nice touches, Flat screen etc. While waiting for the rest of the guys enjoyed the free coffee, snacks and free WiFi in the open areas.
Golf - This was very sensibly priced and a lot lower than Club courses around. (We are trying to play as many as we can in the area), which was surprising for the quality of the course. Buggies were ready for us when we arrived at the club house and we said a quick hello to a Premier League Manager before he teed off. Course was in good shape and we actually enjoyed playing the bunkers shots, such was there quality. The 17th is the hole to enjoy the most, par three over water, which I made, but out of pure luck than skill.
Food - We eat at the Hotel Bar and were very impressed with the service and food quality (Verve Burger is a must) , while watching Madrid get beat by Dortmund. What more can you ask!!
Overall had excellent experience, no hassle, pleasant staff and will definitely go again, but the guys will need more balls for the 17th !!!

Dear PaulO

Thank you for posting your review recently.
I will pass on your comments to my team who will be motivated by them. I am pleased your stay and golf could not be bettered and hope to see you back again at some point in the future.
I agree the Verve burger is something not to miss !

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Booked this hotel through their special deals that pop up. We had a lovely end room that was clean, tidy and well appointed. The staff were polite and attentive throughout my stay. The hotel had been booked following me completing the London Marathon and upon arrival in our room was a lovely hand written card from the staff offering their congratulations - ( a nice personal touch which is rare these days :) )
We ate at the in house restaurant with the food being well priced and of a high quality. Nice inclusive coffee station located in the reception was also great.

Overall a lovely stay in a great hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear andybliz
Thank you for your response and I am pleased you had an excellent stay with the staff being polite and attentive. Also pleased to read you enjoyed your room.
I will pass on your comments to the SBG team and kitchen team for the high quality dinner you enjoyed.
The free flow coffee stations are part of what De Vere Venues are all about and are well received by all guests.
I hope you have recovered from your marathon run and posted a good time or simply raised important monies for your nominated charity.
I look forward to you return.
Nathan (General Manager)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Crewe Hall
ABode Chester
ABode Chester
#16 of 45 in Chester
Premier Inn Crewe Central Hotel

Been to Wychwood Park Hotel? Share your experiences!