Wychwood Park Hotel
Crewe Hall(Crewe)
$110
$99
Priceline
Travelodge Crewe Hotel(Crewe)(Great Value!)
$43
Travelodge
Ibis Styles Crewe(Crewe)(Great Value!)
$67
$90
$74
Travelocity
1,006 results
All reviewsgolf coursegolf clubgolfing weekendtravelzoo dealgolf breakevening mealreception areabar pricesmodern hotelhotel bartea and coffeebuffet stylepro shopthe ground floorreception staffbed and breakfastsunday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2013

hi just back from a return trip to the very good wychwood park the hotels food is great the setting very good with the golf course still as good but where were the rabbits ? the hotel has always had bunnies running around the premises but on this trip i failed to notice any ! where are they ?great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear bizzyinn

It seems that you have stayed before on many occasions and pleased to see you back.
Since my arrival the hotel seems to have suffered from extreme rain and artic conditions which are not conducive to any kind of habitat but I am sure as soon as we see some better weather by the end of this month they will be roaming around the wide open areas.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the hear future.

General manager

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have to say that my experience at the de vere hotel at wychwood park was outstanding. My friends and l had booked to go away on a golfing break to the Belfry for my 40th, this was on the 25th of March this year but the golf courses were all closed due to the heavy snow the had. So as a last resort we started to look for a hotel with a golf course not to far away from home, wychwood park was suggested and we called them the course was open and they had rooms so we went there. I must admit l was a little down hearted at not going to the Belfry but thats life l thought, when we arrived we were greeted with a very warm smile and a very helpful receptionist. As we were booking in this gentleman came over and introduced himself as Nathan asked us if everything was ok and if we enjoyed the golf that morning we said it was very good but we were at little disappointed as we should have been playing at the Belfry but couldn't for the snow. Nathan unknown to us was the general manager of the hotel and golf course, after hearing our story he said he would make sure our stay was memorable at his hotel and true to his word he did. First he got a section of the restaurant reserved for us and made sure his staff made us feel like VIP's and then we had a section of the bar in front of the big tv reserved for us to watch the England match on tv. All the staff at wychwood park are a credit to the de vere group especially Nathan who as general manager did not have to engage with us at reception but he did. The next morning the same section of the restaurant was put a side for us for breakfast and once again the staff were superb and Nathan came to seek us out to make sure we were all ok and enjoyed our stay. As l said at the beginning l was disappointed at not getting to the Belfry but l don't think they could have meet the standards set by the team at wychwood park and they did make my 40th a very special event, so if you are looking for a golf break l would not hesitate in recommending de vere wychwood park for your trip as the course is superb but more importantly the staff are first class.

Mr Steven Marshall. (Just turned 40)

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear StevenMarsh

Thank you for your recent review and the positive comments you left.
I am pleased we were able to look after you when the Belfry was closed and you and your fellow golfers had a great stay.
The personal comments you left were all down to my team delivering for you when you were here and i will ensure they know of the great service they gave.
I look forward to welcoming you back for your 41st birthday celebrations.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

A group of eight of us were booked to play The Belfry last week but it was under snow so we had to reschedule that. At the last minute we tried Wychwood Park as the course was fully open. Rooms were perfectly fine, clean and in good condition, beds a bit too soft but that's just my taste.
The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us, even serving our cheese and biscuits in the bar whilst we watched the football. Dinner and breakfast was superb, great choice and very well presented. The course was in good condition, considering the weather it's had to sit in all winter. It's a tough track and the wind was howling but enjoyed it nonetheless. Well worth the visit and look forward to going back there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jason E

I am pleased the group found there way to Wychwood Park instead of the Belfry and that you all had a great time. We seemed to be the only course open in the surrounding area during the snowy period we encountered. It was good to see the restaurant team were able to reserve you tables in the bar area to watch to football match.
Look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Regards

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were a party of 8 golfers on an overnight deal with 2 rounds of golf on a fantastic really testing golf course, from the moment we arrived we got a warm welcome from the lovely young lady at reception. After a shower we made our way to dinner and what an excellent 3 course meal it was, special mention to Joseph who along with all the other staff couldn't do enough for us.
We had a great night in the bar (except for a poor performance by the England football team on TV) . The bar staff made us feel very welcome. All in all it was a great time and can't wait to go back and do it all again, (hopefully it will be a bit warmer then).
Once again a big thank you to Nathan and his staff for really looking after us.

Regards Joe.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Joe A

It was good to meet you all when you stayed over and pleased you had a great stay and pleased to see from the welcome at the front desk through to your dinner you had a great stay.
Once again look forward to seeing you all back in the near future.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Since this was my third stay here recently,I thought it was about time I wrote a review.
Although I wasn't that impressed before,this stay was the best.The gentleman in reception was very polite and welcoming.The room was a ground floor room.the nicest I have had had on my visits here.We were booked into the restaurant at 8 o'clock.I think it was less than half full,so the food was quite quick to arrive.
The fish cakes did not seem to be home made,but this was made up for by the twice roasted belly pork. Absolutely the best I have had in a long time.We had a bottle of wine too,all for about £50.
The breakfast is a buffet style ,with fresh tea or coffee on request.Once again faultless.
I have read other trip adviser comments that were not good,It must be hit and miss because our stay was perfect.
Will definitely stay here again very soon.

Room Tip: i got room ,breakfast and a free bottle of wine in the room for £39.00 Great value mid week break
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jamesbond15

Thank you for your posting and for your return visits you have made.
I will pass on your comments to James on the front desk about this welcome and to Joseph and his restaurant team for the way in which you looked after. The fish cakes are all made on site and freshly prepared however will check the service of them to ensure they are to our agreed standard.
I look forward to your next stay