Wychwood Park Hotel
Crewe Hall(Crewe)
$114
$103
Travelodge Crewe Hotel(Crewe)(Great Value!)
Ibis Styles Crewe(Crewe)(Great Value!)
$49
$63
$89
$80
1,015 results
All reviewsgolf coursegolf clubgolfing weekendtravelzoo dealgolf breakevening mealreception areabar pricesmodern hotelhotel bartea and coffeebuffet stylepro shopthe ground floorreception staffbed and breakfastsunday night
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Me and my family booked a day at the spa thinking we could have a relaxing day and treatments. On arrival we had to get changed into our swimming costumes in a disabled toilet, there are no changing rooms! We then had to leave our belongings on the floor of an understaira cupboard as there are no lockers! We asked a member of staff if we could have some slippers and were told that we couldnt, even though it said in the confirmation e-mail that slippers would be provided, we pointed this out so a staff member asked hotel staff who said they would not give us any slippers. We were given dressing gowns to wear, one of which had used tissues in the pocket. We went to use the 'spa' before having our treatments, if that's what u can call it, it's a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, nothing else. This is advertised as a spa but it is not. I have to point out that it is the hotel that won't provide changing rooms or lockers (or slippers) The girls who work in the spa are great with customers, the treatments are brilliant and are at a good price. The manager that day was great, she organised a pre booked table at the golf club for us all to have a nice lunch together and even gave us a discount off our treatments. I would reccomend people to go here for treatments, but don't waste your money thinking that you will be going on a spa day.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank 852,368
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for posting a review for Escape Spas on the Wychwood Park hotels web site. This Spa is not owned nor operated by the hotel and is managed seperate to the hotel as previously mentioned in other reviews. I will be certain to pass on to their directors the posting you have made and ask them to respond. The hotel will always do everything to ensure their customers leave happy and will always speak to guests directly as The Spa manager should have made clear to you. I will raise these concerns with the Escape Directors when we next meet as we do frequently in order to review and improve the combined service we offer to Spa guests.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here for two nights, using the restaurant and bar on one of them. Despite the reasonable golf course, I wouldn't recommend this as a holiday location but it was perfectly adequate for a business trip. All the guests were obviously on business with most probably attending meetings at the hotel as it does have numerious meeting rooms.

The bedrooms I would say were of a 'travel Inn' standard with no little extras or niceties. Even the TV was the old style, no moden flat screen TV's here. The shower was OK but as usual with the glass panel on the bath type, a lot of the water ends up on the floor if you're not careful. It did have a heated mirror though.

The restaurant was a bit soulless and lacked atmosphere. The food was a reasonable price but that was achieved through the small portion sizes. Service was good and they were quite attentive.

The bar was a good size with a pool table but there was no hand pulled beer I'm afraid. When some of the big meeting groups are in though it can take a long time to get severed.

There is a free coffee/hot drinks station downstairs which was useful. Particularly if you wanted to take a drink away with you.

The wi-fi was also free so that was also a good thing.

I've marked the value as very good as I got a company rate. I'm not sure I'd mark it the same if I had to pay full price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for taking time to post this review, I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your 2 night stay. The Venue is not only in a great and accessible location but offers excellent meeting space with free wifi and coffee stations for all guests. The main Venue may not have the holiday relaxing space however the Claret jug over looking the golf course offers a perfect area just to sit and relax in luxurious surroundings and take advantage of fresh food and local beers. We have tried in the past having local hand pull ales and will again look at more as the Claret Jug gets busier.
We are hoping for a bedroom refurbishment later in the year where we can address the flat screen TVs.
It seems like the rubber seal has gone on the glass shower screen and will see if we can find the room number from your stay. Pleased to see the non steam mirror worked a treat.
I was also pleased to hear restaurant service was good and very attentive and will work with Head Chef following your comments on portion size and also if anything can be added for atmosphere.
I hope I will see you back at the Venue as we have some great rates on our web site and many thanks for the comments and am sorry did not see me or any of my team whilst in the Venue.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I booked a spa day for myself, mum and sister. On arrival, we were told by the manager/therapist that she had dislocated her shoulder so there was an alternative therapist but one appt would be two hours after the other two. Having been to spa days at other locations, I thought that would be fine as we could have lunch in between and have somewhere to relax. We were shown to a hotel room to change which we thought was great as we thought it would be ours for the day.......but no, our clothes and other belongings were to be put on the floor in a broom cupboard with the belongings of all the other spa users!! A little later I asked if I could get to my bag but there was no need to as someone as the cupboard was already open......welcoming any thieves!! And how did they know I was going into my bag and not someone else's?
I then asked if we could get some lunch there (I had already requested this on booking). I was told we could book a table in the hotel. But there was nowhere for us to get showered or dressed to go to a hotel restaurant! The only refreshment on offer was water.
We weren't shown how to use anything in the spa room and there was only two very small seats for people to sit on, nowhere to relax inbetween treatments.
When I went to complain, the receptionist explained that the manager had gone home with her dislocated shoulder but she gave me some paper to record my complaint and found us somewhere to shower and change, she couldn't have been more helpful and was very apologetic.
The best things about this trip were the heavenly massages and the young receptionist who obviously had far too much to deal with by herself.
Shocking.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for your comments.

Escape Spas is located with in the Venue however not operated by the Venue. Please be assured I will pass this email to the owners for them to look into and come back to you as a matter of course.

General Manager - De vere Venues

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The entrance and communal areas are very well maintained and had a modern feel, however this is not the case for the bedrooms. We stayed in room 230 which had a chair missing, extremely poor decoration and maintenance/cleanliness was not by any means up to scratch. We had coffee stains splattered under the tables and across the walls. My best friend and I had a 'spa day' and as I am a 'spa' goer, this was also not what was expected....the facilities were poor although we had them to ourselves as it was so quiet (consists of steam room, jacuzzi and sauna....no swimming pool!!!!!!) The treatments were very good but just beware that you definitely get the full time you paid for as we were meant to have 2hrs 15mins and we only got 2hrs. The robes given were a joke, if your size 12 or under you'll be fine but anything above, you won't get in it. Had to get changed in our rooms also as there are no changing rooms???? My fiancé and friend played a round of golf which cost £20 each and £3 for cart hire and they said this was well worth the money as the course was fantastic. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was very good (although most things cooked in a lot of oil if having English breakfast). Also, at weekends, bar only opens at 5/6pm which wasn't great. Considering what potential it has, the rooms significantly let it down.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time in making your recent review of the Venue.
I have only taken over as General Manager at this venue in the last week and take on board all of your comments.
I am working on various projects which include investment in the bedrooms throughout the hotel and and until these projects come to fruitiion I will be working with my Housekeeping and Maintenance Manager to ensure we review every room.
I am pleased to hear the staff were friendly and the breakfast very good and I will work with my team to build upon these positive comments.
The Spa, which is operated by an external company is to be improved, so please be assured your recent experience will not be repeated and I am sure that my recent meetings with the Directors of this company will deliver improved customer service levels into the future.
I do ask for all guests to speak to my team within the hotel whilst here so we can ensure all guests have a tremendous stay and wish to return.
If I can be of any further assistance dont hesitate to contact me direclty.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

For a short break on a De Vere special offer this hotel was wonderful value. From the initial booking to leaving after a 2 day stay, our family group of 4 couples with 2 children could not have received better service. The Wychwood Park staff were without exception an example of how things should be done; friendly, attentive and extremely obliging. We were there to celebrate a birthday, and obvious thought and effort had gone into helping ensure that this was a special occasion weekend. The fact that the weather was kind was a bonus and allowed us to enjoy walking in the lovely surrounding area. Although not obviously geared to families with young children, there is a small children's play area, and our girls enjoyed feeding the swans and ducks on the pond at the entrance. There is lots to do in the surrounding area. The general consensus of our family is that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be returning - next time the menfolk will be bringing along their golf clubs and the ladies will be booking themselves into the spa.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank for you your positive feedback, I will ensure they are passed onto all of my team who will be motivated by your comments.
I look forward to your extended families return and hope that we can get you out onto the Golf Course and allow the ladies to spend time in the Spa.
I and the wildlife look forward to welcoming you back!