“lovely food, fantastic views!”
Review of The Claret Jug

The Claret Jug
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Weston
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Come and relax at the Claret Jug at Wychwood Park. Have a chat over a beer after a great round of Golf, or sit down for some wholesome home cooked food with family and friends, surrounded by a warm comfortable setting and smiley, personable staff who are here to make you feel right at home.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Ate here with a friend decided to come to wychwood for a change very glad I did! The presentation of the dishes was great the food was delicious and the views also gorgeous we had the pleasure of a sunset across the golf course! will be back!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I must be a glutton for punishment as I decided to go back here after a previous poor experience. I had recommended to my boss and colleagues who stayed in the hotel. We went for an evening meal based on the menu. At no point, did the staff tell us that they had sold out of many of the dishes. I decided to visit again with a friend for lunch. We ordered the turkey and cranberry panning which was just ok as drowned in cranberry sauce. My issue was that after we sat down they asked for my credit card which I gave willingly. After several minutes it had not been returned so I went to ask for it. The girl behind the bar told me that they kept it. I said I wanted it back. She said it was in the till and normal practice to keep them there and tried to reassure me. I have never ever been to any restaurant or pub that keeps your card. The banks always tell you not you not to let it out of you sight. They told me that I would then have to pay for my meal before we received it. For goodness sake, the place was practically empty and I don't normally pay upfront unless in a fast food chain. If that is what this dreadful place aspires to, then they need to retrain the staff as they are infinitely better in McDonald's. I won't be back nor will I recommend it to others.

1  Thank Aprilcake
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice food and a relaxing atmosphere with a good view across the golf course. The prices were OK for this standard of golf course

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Golf clubhouse with a lovely terrace overlooking the course. Drinks reasonably priced. Food was also reasonably priced but we had a mixed experience with it. Mine - a Claret Jug Stack was fine but hers, a lamb hotpot had a small amount of very tough meat. The pleasant waiter took our complaint away and came back to offer us apologies and a free drink each. Honour satisfied!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Hubby and I had 2 really lovely and excellent value meals following 2 of our 3 rounds of golf. Drinks are pricey, but then you are at a de vere resort, so only to be expected. Meals however are very good value, plentiful and fresh as well as tasty. Neither meal disappointed, and hubby very pleased with his as well. Clean surroundings with excellent views, and to top it the staff are polite and very friendly.