See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 19, 2017

we booked this hotel with dinner and breakfast.I think this hotel is family run. room is a bit small ( tatami type) , clean ,comfortable but with shared toilet for twin room. however , toilet is available in triple room. The onsen is awesome with indoor and outdoor onsen. Dinner has lots of small dishes of different food varieties . Breakfast is typical japanese type and I do not really enjoy it. The host of the hotel came out personally to thank us for staying in his hotel when we about to leave the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

Onsen no facilities, standard was poor. Basically the dressing area was small, there was locker you have to pay, no shoes rack for room slipper! Most of the onsen that we visit the shared bath area provided shampoo, conditioner & body soup, but here is shampoo+conditioner 2 in 1. I believe many people like me, don't like to use them together due to conditioner is no good to scalp! There is nothing provide at the dressing area, basin no hand soup was unacceptable! Shared toilet also no hand soup next to basin, no hand soup is very very inconvenient for me. For example in the morning, before I wear my contact lens, I need hand soup to wash my hand due to the overnight hand lotion; after I finished make up also need hand soup to clean my hand. No hand soup next to basin?!?! How? I have to walk inside the shared bath area to take body soup n walk out to the basin & clean my hand ;(

Room arranged on the ground floor, Wifi was very very slow, & the terrible part was the wifi only allowed to use 6 times a day. For example you turn on your mobile to read a online message or google online to search something, u have to sign in, but each time the wifi auto log out when you turn off your mobile. 1 minute later, you have another online message come in, you have to sign in again & again... then only for 6 times! If early morning you turn on & off your mobile for 6 WhatsApp messages, the wifi service was end!!!! I cannot accept such a restriction since the hotel give room guess free wifi.

Yukata was too old; Overall the hotel & room was clean. The aunt who prepared breakfast was very nice & helpful. Breakfast was average only, not everyone likes pickled fish. We won't stay here again because it was totally not worth the price!

Thanks for the vote if you found this helpful :D

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Ice800908
Reviewed January 5, 2017

This hotel is just off the main road and has a large car park. It is also a flat walk from the local JR station. We were there in winter and the place was empty there was no more than 8 people staying in there. The place was kept warm and the dining area was cozy. Dinner and Breakfast were good with different meals for both nights we stayed there.

The dinner was good, with multiple selection of dishes being served including fresh sashimi and hot pot.

The rooms are traditional with tatami mats and you use the shared facilities but our room had a toilet. The indoor Onsen was spot on and worth using.

It is not on the lake so a car is really needed to take full advantage of the area.

a good place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

+they have separate men and ladies indoor and outdoor Onsen plus a mixed naked outdoor Onsen

+quite standard room for a ryokan

+cheap rate for ryokan around this area

+short drive to Lake Mashu

-toilet flushing sound from second floor as we stay on ground level

-receptionist not very friendly; maybe is because of her limited English

-small toilet, but not much of an issue as we can walk to the public toilet near reception

Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2016 via mobile

Service personnel work attitude and friendly, a parked two eating delicious food, especially the hotel autotrophic cichlid fish and raw vegetables have the base for dinner, very rich. Compartment clean and tidy, although the election of non-smoking room, but the room still filled with thick smoke, there is Shaoshao not satisfied.
I hope the hotel can be carefully treated. Further spa facilities, there are gender mix tub (beautiful) and their respective male and female indoor outdoor spa pool, if you have the opportunity to go! Meanwhile, the hotel will rent 5% revenue contribution Kumamoto Prefecture earthquake relief, I was moved! Large supply of free parking with easy access parking overnight!
服務人員工作態度認真又親切,一泊二食食物美味可口,尤其是該酒店自養的鯛魚魚生和有基蔬菜作晚餐,十分豐富。室間整齊清潔,雖然選了非吸煙房間,但是房間仍然充滿濃烈煙味,這裏是有少少不滿意的地方。
希望酒店能夠細心處理。另外溫泉設施完備,有男女共同混浴池(景色優美)及各自男女室外室內溫泉池,假如有機會一定再去!同時該酒店將房租5%收入捐助熊本縣救災地震,令我感動!免費大停車場供應方便客人停車過夜!

Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple