See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

I booked a flight for 12:30 and came on purpose. When I arrived, I was told to go away and wait for them to call me, which I did. After more than one hour, at 1pm I called back as I had no news, and the reply was once again to wait. 2hours after, still no news. I drove 2hours just for this (plus 2 others to go back), and I felt like they don’t care about paying customers at all!! Never experienced such a horrible service and I travel frequently all over the World!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Hotel H, Propriétaire at Hotel Hibiscus Ulm coeur de Voh, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2018

Dear Virgi187849,

You called from Bourail (in fact) to ask for one flight, the same day of your call.

You did no special reservation in advance, that is not a difficulty for us, because we always try to adapt ourselves with "last minute/hours" reservations.

We said yes, we had one flight for 12.30, and you said okay to take it, which was a great thing.

When you arrived, you came with a 6 years old boy, we were surprised because you did not told us about him.

So we asked you what kind of flight you expected precisely.

Indeed, we do two kinds of flights: but only one person can enter into an ULM together with the pilot. (flights of 45 min , or two consecutive flights of 30 minutes for couples for example)

During our explonations, we were sorry to see that your little boy was quite tonic, (which is normal for young healthy boys), but the way he was was okay in front of the desk of the hotel, but was NOT OKAY in the cocpit of a plane.

SECURITY is our obsession, and we deliver strict informations before the flight to the client, in order that safety is respected during the flight. I tried to reach the chief pilot to tell him the existence of your boy, but he was busy in the sky. I am the manager so I am the person who decide and take decisions.

As to me (and I am a mother too) it was impossible for your young boy to fully understand rules, and we cannot testify by advance that he would have respected the safety procedures during the flight alone with the pilot.

SO, because we have no official rights to keep with us your boy during your solo flight, indeed we are not kids baby sitters and could be punished by new caledonian authorithies, if we did it, there were no solutions for your flight.

We are sorry that you did not told us the reality of your booking before coming from Bourail, but we will welcome you next time when your boy will get older.

We are curious to know what ULM flight society would have accepted your young boy into their planes before during your frequent travels around the world (ULM is an only one place client flight) . Just let us know by sending us a private message if you want.
Best regards
Cécile KUBECK Owner

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

The hotel was full but stayed (sadly) elsewhere. We still booked a flight over the Coeur de Voh through the Hibiscus and arrived in time for coffee beforehand. The hotel is lovely, service attentive and ambiance warm and relaxed. The flight over the barrier reef was sensational.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Hotel H, Propriétaire at Hotel Hibiscus Ulm coeur de Voh, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Dear pips1950,

We are so happy to welcome Vanuatu tourists!

We are sad that you could not stay at our quiet and calm hotel, indeed, sometimes it is full.
Our ULM flights are sensational, we can not describe them better than you did!

Hope to see you again, next time during another trip!

Cécile KUBECK
Owner

Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

The exterior is not very encouraging - there is construction across the street as well as construction on the exterior of the hotel. Don't let it fool you - inside is an oasis of zen tranquility and a restaurant worthy of Michelin star.

We were really pleasantly surprised by our poolside room which was tasteful and comfortable. The restaurant is spread across a number of rooms and the menu is superb. Don't expect an easy ride - wines are really quite expensive - but the food is outstanding.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Hotel H, Propriétaire at Hotel Hibiscus Ulm coeur de Voh, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Dear Roz57_13

Thank you very much for your post.
We are indeed very focused on all our services: our restaurant belongs to our hotel and a good dinner or breakfast, is a priority for our melanesian chief .
We would love to receive a Michelin star, but we think that they do not come so far away :)

Our wines are unfortunately very taxed in New-Calédonia (almost 50% tax), but we try to suggest some delicious one to our clients.

Hope to see you again in our North Province
Cécile KUBECK
Owner

Reviewed August 10, 2017

Rooms are OK and clean, beds are comfortable, everything you would expect from a hotel . Roadside rooms can be affected from traffic noise, but then the same can be said for poolside rooms if you want an early night. The staff were attentive and friendly, the food was excellent. I would definitely stay there again.

Room tip: Pay a little more to avoid roadside rooms
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Hotel H, Propriétaire at Hotel Hibiscus Ulm coeur de Voh, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Dear Wilkiadj
Thank you very much for your post, and your positive appreciation.
We are always very happy to welcome australian travellers and wish you good trip back to your beautiful country.
The owner
Cécile

Reviewed April 20, 2017

The anonymous exterior belies one of the best places on the Caillou. The very comfortable rooms are mostly around a patio centred on a small but pleasant swimming pool. There is a good bar and an excellent restaurant - like in most NC, local produce prepared along French cuisine standards. Good wines as well. The hotel offers a series of excursions in the Kone area: do not miss the flight in ultralight over the Coeur de Voh and the Trou Bleu. You can actually book an all-inclusive package, but even without it it's good value for money.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Hotel H, Propriétaire at Hotel Hibiscus Ulm coeur de Voh, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

Hi Stefano and thank you for your lovely post!
I apologise for my late answer, and I hope that all the North Province seduced you as well as our hotel, restaurant and flights!
Hope you had a very good trip,
Best regards