“Swiss restaurant with the most fantastic service”
Review of Restaurant Aarburg

Restaurant Aarburg
Ranked #8 of 23 Restaurants in Unterseen
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Wow.
This place is a true gem. Local, GREAT food and even better service. Gabrielle the waitress is amazing and nudged us into some great wines. If I could give this a 10 out of 5 I would. Lovely. I hope to come
Back one day.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have used the Interlaken area as our travel base for our last 3 Swiss vacations. We always look forward to dinning at the Aarburg Restaurant. The Aarburg is actually located across the Aar River in Unterseen on Beatenberg Strasse. You can sit outside on their covered front porch and watch the river or sit inside while you enjoy your meal. The Aarburg is such a friendly little restaurant. The menu is Swiss and the prices reasonable. The staff is very helpful and the food is outstanding. It has the 'feel' of a restaurant that the locals go to eat.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I came to this restaurant as recommended by our hotel and were pretty pleased with the food here. The restaurant is part of a hotel and the waitress is very friendly. When we enquired about the cheese fondue, she even cautioned that this is a dish of acquired taste- either people love it or hate it, so she recomended to order a fondue for 1 person and another main to share. We had vegetable soup, a cheese fondue and a plate of veal in mushroom sauce with rossti. When the cheese fondue is served, the waitress showed us the correct way of eating it, so that the cheese will not get burnt so easily. She even joked that it is the Swiss' culture for the person who has dropped his bread into the fondue to pick up the tab.
The cheese is a nice blend of cheese and wine and both my husband and I loved it. We finished all the cheese. I do wish the bread would be nicer though. This dish does not come cheap at fr.29 per portion with bread, but I believe this is the price in Switzerland.
The veal with mushroom and rossti is also beautifully done.
I would definitely recommend to dine here.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

If you're looking for a good Swiss meal, then give this place a try! It was recommended at our Hotel, so we went down there one evening. It's nicely located on the river, and is part of the Hotel bearing the same name. The interior decor is thoroughly Swiss, as is the menu (they have an English language version).

The service was prompt, and our meals (Bratwurst & Rosti) were well prepared and more than filling. The beer there is excellent too! The night we were there they had scheduled a (once a month) Swiss folk music night, so there were a number of locals who were just there for the music & yodelling! Some impromptu dancing broke out among the seniors. It was quite a hoot.

It's not fancy or pretentious, but if you're in need of a good 'Swiss fix', this place will do it.

1  Thank frodo6300
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Our hotel concierge recommended aarburg for its Swiss food, we feel so lucky to have eaten there! Britta suggested the autumn food-venison seved with spatzl, red cabbage, apple and roasted chestnuts. We drank the first- pressed "suser" wine which is also seasonal and traditionally served with venison. Dessert was another seasonal meringue/ chestnut/cream dish that was divine.All this with helpful, smiling service and under $100 CH! Excellent value for quality food cooked to perfection. This is the first time in a month of travel I have reviewed a restaurant.