“Picture Perfect Place in Interlaken”
Review of Hotel Roessli

Hotel Roessli
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Unterseen
San Francisco
“Picture Perfect Place in Interlaken”
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I just got back from a week long trip in Switzerland, it was my first time in Switzerland, and I was lucky enough to visit a number of cities and towns, and do quite a bit of skiing during my trip. While the entire trip was fantastic, I have to say that I LOVED my stay at the Hotel Rossli in Interlaken. First of all, Interlaken is a fun town near some great ski areas, so the location of the Hotel was perfect. Next, the hotel and the rooms themselves are just the right size, and they're clean! What I really loved the most about my stay here was the service. Even breakfast downstairs (breakfast was included) every morning was a fun event to start off the day. Jean-Louis is the best host, and makes everyone feel like they are part of the family. Honestly, I spent two days there, and it was the best place I stayed during my entire trip in Switzerland, and I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Worldwide
Reviewed February 22, 2010

What a wonderful hotel, best place I have ever stayed. I felt like I was part of their family. It was such a friendly place, with a beautiful view. I wish I would have known about it sooner, I would have been there many times before. Thank you all for the wonderful memories and I hope to see you all again in the near future. Thanks again for everything.

Alan

shenzhen china
Reviewed February 19, 2010

arriving at the rossli, as we did from the west station, first impressions of the location and hotel are good.
-it's less than 5 minutes walk to the station and bars/restaurants within similar striking distance
-interlaken is a pretty town dominated by surrounding (luckily for us) snow capped mountains and blue skies, it's also a great base for seeing the rest of switzerland by train as we did
-the hotel is very clean...but then this is switzerland...and actually feels like a big family home
-the rooms are a good size, warm, the beds are soft and the water pressure for the shower must come from the top of the jungfraujoch...wonderful.
but its when you get chatting to the father and son team who run the rossli that you get your second impression and thats the one that stays with you and makes you want to come back before you've even left.. they have enthusiasm for and knowledge about their business, their guests and their country that makes this a memorable place.

Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed February 18, 2010

What a charming hotel in the perfect location in Interlaken. There are many things to like about Hotel Rossli, especially the extremely friendly owners, Jean Louis and his son Christopher. Christopher had all the info on taking the train up into the Alps and saved us at least a couple hundred francs by making sure we bought the Swiss Pass. We also loved the location--only 5 minutes walk from the West train station, and since the hotel is not on Interlaken's main drag, it is quieter and in a nicer part of town. The rooms have very comfy beds, flat screen TVs, and ours had a balcony. Great European style breakfast is served by the very happy and chipper Jean Louis. The only negative was that the bathroom was dated and had dim lighting. We would definitely return to this hotel!!

North Carolina
Reviewed February 18, 2010

I have stayed TWICE at the Hotel Rossli and every stay gets better. The staff loves to take care of you and they are the most accomodating staff I have ever met. Anything you need, they provide. They know the area and can recommend outstanding restaurants, things to do, and places to see Best B&B I have ever stayed at hands down!

north caronlina
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Friends and I went to Interlaken on a last minute ski trip without making any hotel arrangements. After looking around town for a while we found ourselves at the doorstep of Jean-Louis and Christophers Hotel Rossli, and were greeted as if we were family they had not seen in years. Both gentlemen (father and son) were able to get all seven of us accomodations without much delay, offering to carry luggage up the stairs and to the rooms for us. I travel for work and have stayed in more hotels than I would like to admit and these two are by far the most accomodating and outgoing hotel owners I have ever come across. I truly felt as if i was staying with family. The location is great, about a 20 minute car ride to the ski resorts and right next to an assortment of restaurants, clubs and shops. The hotel itself was cozy and welcoming. The rooms were very simple, yet clean and reasonably priced. The breakfast was just what we needed before a long day on the slopes and coming back to a nightcap (or two) in their comfortable dining/lounge area was the perfect way to end the day. And Jean-louis went out of his way to even help me with a problem with my laptop. Oh, and there is wireless internet for a moderate fee. Our stay at Hotel Rossli did nothing but add to our first experience in Switzerland. Without hesitation I would recommend this place to anyone heading to Interlaken.

North Carolina
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Any trip to Interlaken is a good trip, but the fact that we stayed at the Hotel Rössli made it a memorable trip. I plan to come back to Interlaken again and sample more of the local activities and sights, but I will be sure to stay at the same hotel again. The one thing that sets Hotel Rössli apart is the family that owns this hotel. Jean-Louis and his son Christopher are truly just amazing people who make you feel right at home. Jean-Louis warmly greating you each morning and offering his terrific coffee at breakfast always started the day off right. Christopher was always helpful in recommending the what,when,where of the local area and he was fun to chat with in the lounge while trying the local brew.

Hotel Rössli is not a 5-star hotel, but a cozy bed & breakfast with comfortable beds, good breakfast, convenient location, and reasonably priced. Some friends of ours stayed at a more expensive hotel that was more plush, closer to the slopes, with more amenities; however, we always found ourselves at the Hotel Rössli. You can't put a dollar figure on atmosphere and Rössli had so much that it was a highlight of the trip.

I highly recommend giving Rössli a try - I am sure you will not regret the decision and come away from the experience feeling like you just spent a couple of days staying with extended family cause that is surely what Jean-Louis and Christopher strive to do - make you feel like family. Thanks for a terrific experience.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Unterseen
Hotel Beausite
Landhotel Golf
Landhotel Golf
#4 of 8 in Unterseen
Hotel Royal St. Georges Interlaken - MGallery Collection

Been to Hotel Roessli? Share your experiences!