Hotel Roessli
$270
$250
$245
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Post Hardermannli(Unterseen)(Great Value!)
$170
getaroom.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
2,263 results
All reviewsjean louisinterlaken west stationcroissantspost officehome away from homefamily run hoteltrain ticketsco ophot chocolatebreadquiet locationfew minutes walkbernese oberlandcoop supermarkettea and coffeewonderful hotelbreakfast room
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Because of the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor, I was so impressed that I booked a 4 night stay here, out of a 12-day trip in Switzerland. However, I was sorely disappointed by my experience in the hotel, which was destroyed by the attitude of Barbara, the receptionist. On my second night here, I found that the wifi code given to me did not work, so I approached Barbara and asked if I could exchange my code for a new code to see if the wifi could work. She then asked me if I tried to use the password on a second device, and I said yes, but I had already logged out. Instead of helping me to solve the problem at hand, she told me off for using the code on a second device and kept repeating that. That was not very helpful, when all I needed was some help to log in. Eventually, she reluctantly gave me a new password in exchange for my old one, and she tore up the slip of paper with my old password in front of me. I then returned to my room to try the new password, but it still didn't work, so I approached her again, this time bringing my laptop with me. When I approached her, she was not occupied but took her time to acknowledge my presence even though I was standing in front of her. I then told her that I couldn't log in when I'm in my room and tried logging in in front of her. Miraculously, it worked at the hotel reception. So I went back to my room, but the connection disappeared again. I then left my room to try connecting it in the common room, and it worked, so I told Barbara that the internet is not working in my room. Instead of assuring me that she will get someone to look into the issue, she said that she was not a technician and can't do anything about it. Because she didn't seem to be even open to exploring ways to help me, I then told her that it was unfair for guests to not have internet access in the room when we booked the room on the basis of having internet access. She then said that wifi was free. I then replied saying that it was not "free" but considered included in the room charge because that was what was advertised on their website, and that I would not have booked the room if not for the facilities advertised. In addition, it was not stated anywhere on their website that you are only limited to one device per guest (although they gave me two codes because of my 4 night booking). I actually have three devices because of work and I was told that I needed to pay for a third code if I wanted one. Having to pay for a third password (no matter how little the charge is) when the internet doesn't work well is simply unfair. Throughout the conversation, Barbara was extremely rude towards me and always cut me off halfway through my sentences and did not allow me to finish, until I had to tell her to listen to me. So without having the problem solved or any reassurance that she will look into it, she said I could talk to her manager the next morning. It was only when she mentioned that that I had to tell her to please alert her manager about the wifi problem. After that, I had to sit in the common room to use the wifi, and due to its location, I could hear Barbara speaking to other guests. Then I realized that she was nice to everyone except me. I felt extremely discriminated against due to the differential treatment and didn't feel welcomed at the hotel.

My views about other aspects of this hotel:
- Christopher, the manager, was friendly and helpful with travel information. His wife, Nadine, was also very nice to me and apologetic when she learnt about the bad experience I had with Barbara and wifi and gave me a farewell gift.
- I booked an economy room with a private bathroom on the same floor. The bathroom was less than 20 steps away from my room, which was good, but the doors were extremely hard to lock and unlock. I spent my first night struggling with the keys and doors, and only realized on the second day that the only way to lock the doors smoothly was to slam the door shut so that the door would be shut tight enough for locking. There was no way to lock the doors if you closed it gently and quietly. So, along with other guests, we created much noise with the slamming of the doors. Also, the room and toilet key looked the same and it would have been helpful if they were labeled.
- while the room was exactly as shown on the website, the bathroom i was allocated was much smaller than the advertised picture. The shower stall was extremely small and the shower curtain stuck to me uncomfortably when I showered, even though I'm a small to medium sized girl. The water temperature was inconsistent as well. Although adjusted to the same setting on the knob, the water could range from freezing to burning when showering. Redeeming factor was that it was clean and towels are changed daily if required.
- Breakfast was basic - selection of breads and cold meats. Fruits and cereal. Cold eggs too. Nothing warm. But restaurant staff was nice with helping to make a hot drink.
- pillow and duvet was great. But bed was uncomfortable. Could feel the springs and the bed was slanted to one side and it felt like I was sleeping on a slope.
- As it was raining on three nights I was here, there were small flying insects in my room every night. Mountain view made up for some of the discomfort.
- I was woken up by 630 am every morning because I could hear the footsteps of other guests on the floor above me, and also the noises of other guests on the same floor and the slamming of the doors.
- You have to exchange your room keys for the key to the main gate at an open area at the hotel reception each time you left the hotel. Didn't feel very safe leaving my room key behind but thankfully nothing unfortunate happened during my stay.
- The corridors were always dark as the lights will only be activated after detecting motion.

Overall, I don't think the price I paid was worth it. Maybe I missed out on the fact that it was a two star hotel, which Barbara emphasized to me. My experience there was ruined by her bad service attitude, which ought not to exist in any hotel regardless of the star rating. I will never return again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
9  Thank Shermaine-88
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Loved this hotel! Great family atmosphere, have two lounge rooms with many movies, books and large TV's with many couches and chairs. Room was very clean and staff was very helpful with advice on what to do and helping us out with anything we needed. Breakfast was great. Overall great hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed here in use beginning of July. The rooms are nice a size. The breakfast was very nice. A helpful hint, you can ask for cappuccino.

What really impressed me was the owners dedication to helping you enjoy your stay. If it was raining, they would suggest certain sites. If you wanted to hike for hours, or just go up a gondola for a view, they were there to help. They suggested buses, walking and even taking a boat!

This attention to service is quite nice and it makes you want to return to the hotel in the future. I would definitely recommend them for other travelers.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I spended five nights, this July in Rössli-Hotel-Interlaken; everything has been perfect, and i will go back to this Hotel next year with my Wife; big free parking, Reception with many foreign languages, free wire-less, free coffee and tea, kitchen , salons, terrasse for the Guests, was very practicle; rooms immaculate and super breakfast. Thanks to all the Rössli-staff and owners. Hospitality at his best. See you soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in mid Jun. Everything was very basic such as room and breakfast. The owner was so nice to help moving our big, heavy luggage to our room because he didn't want luggage being piled up in lobby during peak check-in time and considered the luggage would be too heavy for 2 women moving from ground to 1/F floor as there is no elevator. One thing I don't understand is that why they have to limit number of device for free wifi. Only 1 device per person is allowed. If 2nd device requires wifi, extra would have to be paid. This is the only 1 out of 7 hotels during our stay in Switzerland asked for such.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends