This hotel looks so photogenic in the web. This is one reason why we chose this hotel, beside it's above-than-average review. The picture was not a lie. This hotel looked really nice from the outside. We had a triple balcony room. And we had a very nice view of the Alps from the balcony. Checking in was smooth, parking was easy. The room was big and clean, but looked dated. The bathroom looked old and needed more lighting. The hotel corridor was so dim, combined with it's dated carpet, made the feel of old 80's. The breakfast was a good point here. Not lots of choices, but we had one of the tastiest Omelettes ever provided in hotel breakfast.
We could walk to the shopping area nearby. Such a lovely town, very recommended to visit for skiing, sightseeing and relaxation.
Pros: Big room, nice view, and prime location
Negatives: a bit expensive and dated
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Interlaken is an international holiday resort famous for its glamour and social character. The Central Continental Hotel, located in a unique setting on the bank of the Aare River, a mere hundred yards from the Interlaken-West train station and the boat landing station, is also very elegant and of a high standard, and is situated within easy reach of all neighbouring mountain track and cable railways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Priceline, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Central Continental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Central Continental Hotel
- Central Continental Interlaken
- Hotel Central Continental Interlaken, Switzerland