I was a little hesitating to book this hotel as the reviews on tripadvisor were not very positiv.. But we have not found other ones avaiable with reasoable price.
The only great thing of this hotel is location. Very close to the West station and the you might have good view from room if you are lucy.
The room is quite old, and many things should have been updated but not yet. The room is very small, so you might be hit by furnitures, doors when you turn around without paying attention. Breakfast is ok, but nothing special. The night club there did not really disturb us.
The staff is unattentive und not helpful. As the hotel accomodates a lot of tourist groups, so the staff seems not be really care about individual guests.
Should be noted that the receiption is not occupied during the mid-noon (12:00-2:00pm if I remember correctly), and you might have problems if you want to check-out or get your luggage out at that time.
If you have other choices, avoid this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Interlaken is an international holiday resort famous for its glamour and social character. The Central Continental Hotel, located in a unique setting on the bank of the Aare River, a mere hundred yards from the Interlaken-West train station and the boat landing station, is also very elegant and of a high standard, and is situated within easy reach of all neighbouring mountain track and cable railways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Central Continental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Central Continental Hotel
- Central Continental Interlaken
- Hotel Central Continental Interlaken, Switzerland