“Excellent Valentins Dinner”

Landhotel Golf
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Unterseen
“Excellent Valentins Dinner”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I was given a Voucher in January 2012 to have a 6 course Romantic Dinner for two.I decided to ask if it was possible to use my Voucher on Valentines Day or if they prefered us to come on another Day.The Lady at the other end of the Telefone was very friendly and said it was absolutely no problem to Book a table for two for Valentins Day and use my Voucher for it.The Whole Evening we Spend at the Restaurant was just Wonderful!From the Decoration of each Table to all the Flowers everwere..The Dinner was a Experience into a World of Beautiful Tastes and incredible Arrangement of the Food on the Plates.
The whole Family Salzano was at Work making sure We all had everything at anytime.
Thanks to All the Staff and Family Salzano for a unforgetable Evening and we will be back.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This hotel is excellent. The service is supreme. The hotel is cosy and very traditional. In winter you need to catch the 7.08pm bus from interlaken ost. That is the last bus. So if you're not driving that is a disadvantage. The hotel also offered us free lifts to interlaken centre. We appreciated a lot! This is a family run hotel with lots of passion and individual attention to guests. Overall - We give it full score!

Room Tip: Get the natura room at the back of the hotel! Not very big but wonderful!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks August 2011 whist my husband was on business. Its location was stunning with views of the Eiger and surrounding mountains. A short walk to the centre of Unterseen and Interlaken or a free bus service was also available every 30 mins up to 7pm.
A very friendly, very clean family run hotel. Rooms were spacious and beautifully and recently decorated with spacious en-suite with bath and shower. Every room had its own balcony with table and chairs and stunning views, tea and coffee facilities , safe, mini bar, plenty of storage space, large wall mounted flat screen tv and digital tv channels.

Breakfast was AMAZING, with warm fresh bread and croissants, a huge selection of cheeses, cold meats, yogurts, boiled eggs, cerials and fresh fruits daily. The restaurant had a wide selection of freshly prepared local delights, italian and healthy meals on the menu for reasonable prices considering the quality and presentation.

Staff were BRILLIANT, nothing too much trouble for anybody, very friendly and at the end of our too weeks we felt like part of the big 'family' and were sad to leave.

The cost of the stay was pricey, but NOT for the services provided and compared to other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms have fantastic views of the surrounding areas, very clean and very comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank antnjane
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 18, 2011

From the bottom of my heart, this is the best hotel my family and I has ever stayed in. The chalet, service, location, view, and staff are astounding! The location of the hotel is not too far from the city (about 10-15 minutes by bus - Landhotel Golf gives you a free bus pass that expires after you leave) but you still enjoy the relaxing countryside. Sonja and Patrizio treat our family very well, as if we all are family! My family and I took a helicopter tour to see Mount Eiger, Jungfrau, etc. As the helicopter landed outside the hotel, Sonja and Patrizio were waiting for us with complimentary glasses of champagne! We were stunned and in awe with their friendliness and hospitality. It is definitely the best hotel to stay in Interlaken. We hope to see them soon again!

Room Tip: The chalet is very cosy and beautiful! But sometimes you can hear outside noise (cars, bicycles, etc...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Yin24
LandhotelGolf, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Landhotel Golf, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Good afternoon Yin Noé

We just read your evaluation about our hotel. Thank you so much for staying here in the Landhotel Golf. It's nice to read that you and your familiy enjoyed your stay here in Interlaken. You are always welcome in our Landhotel Golf in beautiful Interlaken.

Greetings to Singapore from the whole staff of Landhotel Golf!
Morris Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I was keen on staying for at least 3 good days at Interlaken to absorb in the environment of the Swiss. Interlaken - Between the lakes, seemed romantic, and the perfect getaway to celebrate our first marriage anniversary.

My wife selected Landhotel Golf and I am very very thankful that she made the right decision. Trust me on this. In Switzerland, it is not about 3 star, or 4 star, 5 star. It is about service, location, experience, and facilities.
Landhotel Golf is definitely a 4 Star hotel though it is rated as 3.5 star.

Service at Landhotel Golf hotel was immaculate and very very homely. The place is run by a family and they go out of their way to make your experience a special one. We stayed there for 3 days, and while we were leaving, we wanted to extend our stay by another few days. There were many instances when the staff at the hotel were helpful beyond means. On the morning of the second day, we had planned to go paragliding and came down from our rooms after 10 am in the morning. The breakfast is till 10 am and we weren't expecting any service. The receptionist asked us if we had attended the breakfast and we told her that we had overslept and were in a rush for the paragliding tour. She immediately went into the kitchen and packed us a small breakfast that we could carry. She even made us some coffee and made sure we had something in the little time there was that morning. Which hotel staff does this for you??

The room was fabulous. My wife loved the description of the Double Room Natura (features a bed made from 200-years-old swamp oak and an oak parquet floor). I was initially skeptical about it, but the experience was amazing. The room, though a tad small in area, had everything in wood, including the toilet seat cover. The bed was large and comfortable, and the balcony was larger than for the other rooms and had a great view of the mountain nearby. With wood everywhere, it was a very warm experience and I would definitely recommend you to try this experience.

Landhotel Golf is located slightly outside the Interlaken downtown area but its not too far a walk from there...about 20 minutes walk (2 kms). In fact, my wife and I definitely vouch that the walk back from Interlaken to the hotel was mesmerizing on each of the 3 evenings we walked back. The hotel is close to the mountains and offers a brilliant view for the nature enthusiast. All around are fields of green grass with Swiss cows lazily grazing in them. Staying here makes it the perfect holiday.

The hotel is also famous for its food and we loved the food at this place. It had the touch of home.

Overall, an amazing experience. I loved the location, the service, the different room-type experience and the people who run this place. The gardens are amazing to sun bathe in and do spend time out on the hotel lawns. This is something we ought to do more on our next trip.

The only downside I felt was the room was slightly cramped for space. But, everything else made up for this, so, I have no complaints and only all praise.
Thank you Landhotel Golf. My wife loved it and that makes my year for me.

When you stay with the Landhotel Golf, you are part of their family.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank icyaqua
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed May 5, 2011

As part of our 10 day honeymoon across Europe,we visited Interlaken for two days and stayed at Hotel Landhotel Golf.This was my second visit to Interlaken and my husband's first,and it was our honeymoon,so we had been very specific about selecting our hotels and this was the Best one we stayed at during our entire trip.
Though the location is a little away from Interlaken,the hotel gives you a complimentary buss pass and the bus stop is right opposite to the hotel.Before arriving,I had written to the owner of the hotel,Monica to ask for directions to the Hotel,as we were coming from Lucerne by Eurail,and she was soo sweet as to come and pick us up in her own car.
Our room was really beautiful,looking out at the Alps and a lush green golfcourse around it.Since we were travelling in the shoulder season,we could well imagine how beautiful the place would look during season.
The complimentary breaksfast was good,with the quintessential amazing spread of cheese and the bread basket.Not only this, the sweet staff was there to prepare additional accompaniments for you,if you desired any.
Interlaken is a beautiful place no doubt,as anyone who visits it would agree,but when I would compare my stay in the town on my first visit vis-a-vis the one at the Landhotel,I would rate the latter higher for the way it adds to the beauty of the town

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Pescara
Reviewed December 27, 2010

It's a wonderful Swiss chalet with a very warm atmosphere!
The owners, Patrizio and Sonia, are very welcoming and will look after you with the same care and enthusiasm they put in decorating the hotel. The new rooms are themed with some wonderful pieces of homemade furniture. There is also a special romantic room for honeymooners! My room was very comfortable with a breathtaking view of the Eiger mountain. The restaurant is very well known among the locals....and I am not surprised about it! Patrizio's cuisine is simply delicious, a very raffinate mix of Italian and Swiss traditions!
I haven't tried the wellness area but it was definitely very appealing!
Last but not least, the bus stop to the city centre is right in front of the hotel and you will be provided with a free transportation card!
What more could you wish for?!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank runiPescara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Unterseen
Hotel Beausite
#21 of 40 in Interlaken
Hotel Interlaken
Hotel Interlaken
#4 of 40 in Interlaken

Been to Landhotel Golf? Share your experiences!