“Great restaurant, great views”
Review of The Aarburg

and 1 more site!
The Aarburg
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Unterseen
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This restaurant is on the River Aar in Unterseen Switzerland. The food was very good. The service was great. The ambiance perfect. One of the top 2 restaurants in Interlaken. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank illinisue73

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Hidden gem in Interlaken!

Great tasty Swiss food, large portion, friendly service and cheap price (this is Switzerland after all).

I come to Switzerland 2-3 times per year on business and favorite place to visit is the Jungfrau region near Interlaken. This hotel restaurant is tucked away from tourist area of Interlaken and serves home made Swiss food for a song! Wanted the family to eat traditional Swiss meal and we were not disappointed.

Highly recommend

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The hotel is very close to the train station but may be a bit far if with luggages.The rooms are really spacious and clean. Note that they don’t have a reception per say but an entrance to the restaurant. So if you arrive at a time when the restaurant is closed, you will have to use another entrance which is round the corner. You will see a poster on the door when you reach there.

The view from the room was amazing and is right in front of the lake. You also get to see the alps from the room. The restaurant below serves breakfast, if you have that as part of your package.We also had dinner there one night and it was decent enough. Note that Switzerland, as a whole, is a very expensive country and this place is also no exception.

Wi fi was very good and there are some good eating places nearby as well.They also provide you with a discount card to travel inside Interlaken but the Interlaken itself is not that big to use public transport.You can use this place as a base for Jungfraujoch trip, which is an amazing experience in itself. Staff in the hotel was really nice, smiling and friendly.Very willing and eager to help.

No lifts and hence you will have to carry your own luggage to the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Priyanka M
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I booked this hotel mainly based on the other reviews from solo travellers and due to an excellent deal for 4 nights (as anything in the main town is very expensive).

I was absolutely delighted with the hotel and its staff. It is not a 5 star hotel and should not be regarded as such. I found it to be a solid 3.5 star hotel which appears to be a family run business and it shows in the staffs attention to guests and locals alike (as it does appear to be patronised by locals for breakfast and dinner everyday).

My room was spacious and very clean and had all the amenities I required, including a small kitchenette with fridge. The bathroom whilst not large was new and very clean with a washing machine included.

The hotel staff go out of their way to assist you, my fourth day I was taking a 20km hike in the Alps and wanted to make an early start before breakfast was served. When I was discussing my plans with the manager she told me to come down 45 minutes before breakfast was usually served - very much appreciated.

The restaurant attached to the hotel serves a traditional Swiss menu and the standard of the food is very good and reasonably priced, especially in comparison to some of the restaurants in the main street. The breakfast is not the most expansive but was more than enough for what I needed each day.

The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the main street and about a 10 minute walk from Interlaken West train station.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Considered
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I admit it I booked this hotel on the basis of price, I didn't know what to expect as Interlaken proved otherwise expensive. Travelling on my own I got the single room on the 1st floor with the Balcony and fantastic view of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau with the river flowing just across the road to add to the scenery.

Unterseen itself was much nicer to look around than Interlaken, and could easily have been missed if I had stayed in the main tourist trap.
Although the signs suggest 5 mins to West and 25 to Ost bahnhofs I walked them considerably quicker (but I'm not a slow walker).

I tried the restaurant for tea and left as good an impression as the room did.
Absolutely fantastic, if I'm back in ther Interlaken area (and since I only had 1 day to look around (don't make this mistake) the area, I will be) I'll be trying to stay here unless my Premium Bonds has been selected for the top prize by Ernie... No even then.

Room Tip: Travel alone, and you might just get the balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank NiallWallace
Reviewed September 29, 2013

It is five minutes walk from Interlaken West staion and twenty-five minutes walk from Interlaken Ost station - the location is not bad, but maybe not as good as the expensive hotels in the town. The room was very quiet at night because it is not close to the main street with many stores. The staff were very helpful and provide a small card to us to travel within Interlaken area by public trasportation for free. The most amazing thing was when I told her we had to leave early the next morning and miss the breakfast, she made us lunchboxes with lots of things to eat on the road.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HAO H
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We booked this hotel on price as other hotels in Interlaken were very expensive and we were only staying for the one night. We were checked in by a young lady who was very helpful and informed us that the hotel had its own car park just a short walk away up a side street. Our room was basic but functional the room was on the front of the hotel with views of the river just out side the front door. The hotel has a restaurant which is very good for food and quite busy with local drinkers.
We were leaving early and breakfast was at 8am and we had a long drive to Luxemburg so we
checked out the night before the hostess made us a packed breakfast which she left out side our room door.Excellent service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tvrpieman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Unterseen
Hotel Roessli
#13 of 39 in Interlaken
Hotel Interlaken
Hotel Interlaken
#4 of 39 in Interlaken

Been to The Aarburg? Share your experiences!