“Absolutely Beautiful Home”

Lisnacurran Country House B&B
Ranked #1 of 3 Dromore B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Lynne and Jonathan are wonderful hosts, and their home is simply stunning. Everything was absolutely beautiful, from the bedroom to the sitting room to the dining room. I cannot even imagine how much time and money they put into restoring and decorating this lovely home. My parents and I only had a chance to stay for one night, but the three of us started talking about how we should have reserved more nights, the second we walked through the door. Lynne was very helpful and hospitable and made sure our stay was perfect. We loved sitting in the sitting room with a nice fire, watching TV and reading. Our rooms were also very comfortable with the best bathrooms we had while in Ireland. I wish I had access to that shower for my entire trip. If I was ever in Co. Down again I would stay at Lisnacurran without a doubt.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank antzona
kirchwood11, Owner at Lisnacurran Country House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Antzona thank you for your kind words we do hope you will stay again Lynnex

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed here on a 4 day business trip, and found it to be in a perfect location for my work. I stayed in one of the self catering studios, with the added bonus of having a wonderful cooked breakfast every day. The house is so warm and welcoming, Lynne and Jonathan make you feel so welcome....and the free wifi was an added bonus! I would recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Thank you Ann we hope to have you to stay again, it was a pleasure to have you, you have such a lovely morning sparkle!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We found this accommodation very attracttive. The welcome was very frienddly the service perfect and the breakfast was almost out of this world, surpassing any other muti star hotel we stayed our during our visit to Ireland. We would highly recommend this guest house.

Room Tip: We like the new stable units
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Out of this world... Thank you so much I don't think I could do better than that! We have indeed been ever improving our popular cooked breakfast and the installation of an Aga has improved the flavours and is a healthier way of cooking, little is fried. I do hope you stay with us again, Lynne x

Reviewed June 5, 2012

LisnacurranB&B was our first night stay in Ireland and we can't say enough about the accommodations. The rooms were clean and spacious, however, it was the warm welcome we received that made it so special. Thank you for sharing your wonderful home!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Thank you Patricia,the welcome and meeting the lovely people passing through our home is the favourite part of my job I hope you stay with us again, Lynne x

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We recently stayed in the Barn for a weekend with family and friends. The barn was gorgeous. We had breakfast in the main house - which was delicious and the choice was excellent. Lynn was so helpful and could not do any more for you. Her staff were also friendly and most helpful. We will definitely be back to stay and would recommend this place to anymore. It is also just off the dual carriageway, easy to find and a good spot to base your sightseeing (if that is the purpose of your trip).

Room Tip: For larger groups of friends or family or those staying in groups for a longer stay, the barn is a v...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Thank you Pootsie 80 and i do hope you stay again, I think your user name has tipped me off as to which party you where! So as a native of Listullycurran I do hope you will be back with friends and or family again! Lovely to have you stay, lynnes

Reviewed May 31, 2012

yes this place is warm, friendly and very welcoming. I only wish i could have stayed a bit longer. Breakfasts here are A1 and that's coming from a fellow chef - awesome place and great for families!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Gosh Chris, a chef! I'm glad I didn't know that!! Pressure... I'm definitely no chef but I do enjoy cooking breakfasts. I hope you stay again and thanks for taking the time to review, Lynne x

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed in the barn/studio for 3 nights. Breakfast in main house. Hillsborough is a very welcoming spot and Lisnacurran House does this very well. Very helpful. Easy to find - just off the major road. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Thank you Heymir for along the time to leave us a review, comments are valuable to our marketing and occupancy, we hope you stay again, lynne x

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dromore
The Mourne Lodge
#3 of 18 in Bangor
Moira Guest House
Moira Guest House
#1 of 3 in Moira

Been to Lisnacurran Country House B&B? Share your experiences!