“Excellent Food and Knowledgeable staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Call 613-272-2900 for reservations
WESTPORT
“Excellent Food and Knowledgeable staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's always a pleasure to dine at this restaurant situated in rural Ontario in the lovely town of Newboro. Great food at reasonable price served by personable and knowledgeable staff. Probably the best eats in the area.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Ottawa
“Incredibly rude waitress, dismal service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Three 60+ adults at lunch time with reservation. Seated and ignored . Our server was standing at table behind us chatting - I could overhear some of conversation. We had now been sitting for just under 15 minutes. Server rushed by table so I stopped her and just said we had been waiting for some time without anyone stopping by. She put her hands on the table, leaned over at me on the opposite side and said "I am busy ..and I have other customers". This was eyeball to eyeball.....she then said she said she would be back with specials and then take our order. My guest stopped her and said we would like to order the drinks while we have you. She was angry but did take the order. After drinks were served and we had ordered, we sat for thirty minutes and then breadsticks appeared!? We were ignored during our meal as we expected. Same treatment for dessert. However when time for the bill, she stayed within two feet of our table!!! Never before have I had such a rude server, and I have crossed Canada. Shame on her.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lucinda12
Ottawa, Canada
“A special dinner at a favoured restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I and another couple celebrated my birthday with a dinner at what we all consider the finest restaurant in the area (Smith's Falls to Westport) the Stagecoach Inn, Newboro.

This was another of several visits to this restaurant and again it did not disappoint. The Stagecoach Inn is a large upscale country styled restaurant with a limited but interesting and varied menu. The restaurant operates on seasonal hours which in the fall/winter results in fewer opened days and shorter dining hours. Our Friday night 6 pm reservation was a bit earlier than we liked in order to accommodate an early closing.

Our hostess/server was pleasant,very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu and food
preparation. A bonus with this restaurant is that one can bring an LCBO bottle of wine and simply pay a $5 corkage fee.Our server was very good at the timely replenishing of emptying wine glasses throughout the meal.

The food as usual was excellent (albeit a little pricey). My $14 appetizer of 4 scallops on a bed of black bean corn salsa tasted fine but would have been much improved if the pieces were a little larger than the thumbnail sizes that I got.The entree courses were excellent. I had a melt in the mouth filet mignon perfectly cooked with garlic mashed potatoes and market vegetables and a mushroom au jus.My wife enjoyed a large piece of beautifully cooked prime rib roast, the daily special.Our friends had seafood pescatore linguini and lamb shanks both meals done to perfection. Desert was creme brule - a fine end to a superb meal.

This is the restaurant I have enjoyed in the past, always take guests to and would highly recommend to anyone. Enjoyable ambiance with friendly and personable staff giving excellent service and above all good meals that are not skimpy, extremely well prepared and beautifully presented. Simply put a "must eat here" restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MrTim97
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“The Hill Family Does It Again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

While fishing at the outstanding Stirling Lodge, my buddy and I decided to take lunch at the Stagecoach. Anna made our reservation. Megan was our server. A wonderful potato/leak soup started an excellent meal. My entree was the pasta of the day, a tender tenderloin beef in a delicious light curry sauce with onions, peppers, and pasta. A glass of California (not a big fan of the house Ontario Red) complimented the meal. Prices were extremely fair. Megan, a dear friend from Stirling Lodge, was as always, a great and attentive server. If I didn't live 400 miles away I would bring my wife to the Stagecoach at least once a week.

• Visited September 2013
Westport, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dine in the Country with Style and Quality Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Stagecoach is nestled in the small village of Newboro. The restaurant is quiet and intimate, friendly and relaxed. A lounge area allows for a before-dinner drink while waiting for friends to arrive. The food is superb, with only the best and freshest ingredients. Each course is served piping hot when you are ready for it. The staff are attentive, accommodating and friendly.

When we think of going out for a nice dinner or if we have guests in from out of town and want to treat them to something special, this is where we go. When we want to have a long lunch with friends and enjoy spending the afternoon nibbling on delicious food, sipping on a nice pot of tea, tasting a marvelous dessert, with friendly staff to see to our every need, this is where we want to go.

If you are looking for a quality dining experience in a small town setting, this is the place for you.

• Visited August 2013