“Food beyond all expectations!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Filzbach
Hotel Restaurant Kerenzerberg
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Filzbach
Oslo, Norway
“Food beyond all expectations!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

On our way from Munich to Luzern, we chose to drive some side roads to get over a mountain pass instead of going the Autobahn. It was lunchtime, and we were thirsty and hungry for lunch. Occassionally we passed this hotel with a restaurand, and we thought, why not, lets have lunch. The place was a typical winter resort place, but open during summer as well for small conventions etc. There were only a couple of tables occupied, and the interior was minimalistic, but very clean and sober. We studied the menue, and chose to stay away from todays specials and went for the menue, a salad with sliced melon and a Zürcher fishsoup. We thought perhaps it was not such a good idea, because todays specials usually goes very fast, but we didn't have to wait for long anyway. My wife had her bite, and immediately announced that this was the best salad dressing she had ever tasted in her life. And when I tasted the soup, which had a perfect temperature, I was immediately in heaven. A perfect balance of thin cut vegetables al dente, a wonderful scent of fennel, celeriac and a butter mustard that could be added at your own taste. It was served with a lukewarm baguette with a beautiful homemade pesto with a balanced amount of garlic, just perfect! I must admit we found a hidden gem, don't pass without trying the soup!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

london
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Filzbach is at about 700m with lovely mountain views from the hotel. The hotel is modern with good size rooms. It sounds like it's set up for sports people ,but really is a nice hotel for even us tourists.
The swim pool and gym were great. I wanted somewhere quiet ,as the location is ,but ,for me ,I am very sound sensitive ,the church bell about 1 km was annoying through the night on the hours- so I neede my ear plugs (but it didn't bother my wife). It's an easy 1 hour drive from Zurich. We loved the mountain walks with the chair lift operating all year . The rate was very reasonable and the room nice and bright . Our room at the end of the hallway was extra large .

• Liked — modern and clean and good value.
  • Disliked — the church bells on the hour at night ( but would not bother most people as is 1 km away).
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Filzbach
Seminarhotel Lihn
Bildungszentrum Neu-Schoenstatt
Hotel Arvenbuel
Hotel Arvenbuel
#1 of 2 in Amden

Been to Hotel Restaurant Kerenzerberg? Share your experiences!