My husband and I stayed at this inn in early October on a month's tour of Nova Scotia. We had
booked online, and upon arrival we were given room #24. The room was well appointed with comfortable beds and the usual amenities, clean with a full bathroom. We went out in the evening and then watched some TV. However, once the lights were out, and we tried to sleep there was a loud electrical humming noise below us, and sleep was impossible. We called the front desk around midnight, and the desk clerk said it was the large freezers in the kitchen. She moved us one floor down to a room where there was no heat turned on and no blankets on the bed, just a coverlet. We did find blankets in the closet, and we managed some sleep. In the morning we had a very nice breakfast in the dining room. However, there was no apology for
booking us into the impossible room in the first place, no offer of even a small refund on our
total bill. This is a small town and likely the largest hotel there. It would have been fine if we
hadn't had to move to another room. Don't let the manager book you into room #24.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The cedar log waterfront Inn fronts on the shore of the world-famous Bras d'Or Lake. Rooms at the Inn are adjacent the historic St. Peter's Canal which connects this big salt water lake to the Atlantic Ocean. Chef Jean-Pierre Gillet and his talented team will tantalize you with epicurean delights. The Inn features its own waterfront recreation area with kayaks and canoes, bicycles, lakeside lounging deck, and a hot-tub overlooking the lake. PLEASE NOTE: THE RESTAURANT CLOSES OCTOBER 19, 2017 FOR THIS SEASON. A CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST WILL BE THEN BE INCLUDED WITH THE BOOKING. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Bras d'Or Lakes Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bras d`Or Lakes Hotel St. Peter`s
- Bras D'Or Lakes Inn Nova Scotia/Cape Breton Island, Canada