“Great riding experience”

Reading, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great riding experience”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We booked a 2 hour trek via email. When we arrived we were greeted in a friendly and professional manner. In a very short time Sean had checked our horse riding experience and confidence levels and assigned us our mounts, which were mainly small but sturdy Connemara
Ponies. We went for a fantastic hack along beaches, through the surf and on grassy rides. There were many opportunities for a canter for the more confident riders in our group while those who wanted to stay in walk took a shorter route.
The ponies were very fit; responsive and obedient but up for a gallop on the grassy race track!
All in all a great experience.

Visited October 2013

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Something to remember forever”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I rode here three times last summer. Blessed by good weather we rode on beautiful beaches and at the ride's furthest point the lovely Connemara ponies waded in sparkling clear water between small islands off the coast. The ride (walk trot, canter) was well-controlled and thrilling but safe! The third ride was led by a doughty gentleman who looked as if he had been born in the saddle. He had us galloping, yes galloping, around the beach-side race track where the Ballyconneelly race takes place every August. I was scared but another rider looked after me I lived to tell the tale. As we returned, my daughter filmed the ride circling in canter for the last time on the beach. On dark winter days in London I remember the beautiful light, the white sand and clear water. I ride every week of my life, and on every holiday, but this was something to remember forever.

Visited October 2012
Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience, lovely people and stunning surroundings”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We tried horse riding for the first time here this weekend. William and will ate very friendly and welcoming. The horses are beautiful and very well behaved. Loved every second of it and would definitely recommend.

Munich, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best beach ride”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This really was truely one of the best beach rides I've ever done. Also I can't confirm 475Alex post, most of our group we're beginners or long-time-off-horsebackers, they did stick to walk and trott, I on the other hand was allowed to keep my horse back and canter as much as I liked, provided I could keep him back. But we all thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
We just dropped in on a whim and where extremely lucky a group of 6 hadn't turned up, so we took the spot.
The ponies all really are well trained, also the stables are virtually on the beach so we only had a short bit on the road and though I didn't check I'm quite sure we had an hour or more even - and what a magical one! I'm really not sure what one could criticise about the place, I've done many a pony trek (mostly in wales - many advertising beach rides never take you to one..) and also used to roam the woods on horseback when younger but this was one of the best rides ever!

Dublin, Ireland
“If that's what pony trekking is then go for it ...”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

NOT GOOD We were looking forward to do this horse trekking thing and we all got so excited about it that we decided to drive all the way out to this place hoping to enjoy a bit of scenery a bit of fun on the horse , a bit of info on the place or similar on the trekk , but instead we got a slow and super boring childish walk on the beach and back, I'd say if I was 3 years old kid I'd probably find it exciting,wasn't even full hour asa they say on their web page,we were 10 mins earlier. FOR 30 EURO ! ! !