We stayed in Milos in July 2012 and we chose Nefeli Sunset Studios because of the excellent reviews and picturesque location.
Before we went to Milos we prearranged a hire car through the hotel only 2 days or so before we were due to arrive at the island from Koufonissi, this really helped us out as you definitely need a car if staying in Pollonia. The hire car cost us €40 a day and it was an Hyundai i10.
Our room was a standard double, the room was nice and clean. The towels were of high quality and the bed was comfortable, however the reason we gave this hotel 4 star is because of the size of the room and value for money as compared to the other places we stayed during this trip and our previous years trip. For €80 a night we thought we would have had more space in the room. The hotel and room are very nice, the view is amazing (i suppose this what we paid for), and the staff and owners were very helpful. The view from the grounds of the hotel were perfect, they eclipsed the supposed amazing sunset in Oia in Santorini, also as Milos is a windy island (apparently its due to the meltemi wind) provided a really spectacular view outside our hotel.
The hotel is a 10 minute stroll to town and to the nearest supermarket etc. The town is very small but it has a nice laid back atmosphere, and has a big emphasis on fish cuisine. If you are looking for a bit more livelier environment then Adamas would probably be a better bet, if you want a quiet, relaxing stay then Pollonia is perfect.
All the best beaches are a trek away, hence the need for a car. On the windier days the beaches on the south of the island are better as sheltered from the wind, but the northern beaches do have brilliant wavy scenes. Sarakiniko is worth a visit as it is truly unique, the water is fairly murky but the scenery is brilliant (provides some very good pictures).
There is a sporadic bus schedule to take you to the port if you don't have a car for your whole stay. Its best to get a bus to Adamas as these are more regular and then get a connecting bus to the beaches as again these are regular.
Nefeli Sunset Studios lives up to its name with regards to the perfect sunset, but for us it seemed on the slightly expensive side. Overall, it is nice and very well-maintained, with friendly and helpful staff 4.5/5
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nefeli Sunset Studios is a small, beautiful complex of studios and suites in Milos, one of the most colourful and picturesque islands in Greece. The complex faces the seashore offering a breathtaking view of the sunset and the blue waters of the Aegean Sea. The tranquillity and the beauty of the surrounding environment guarantee the guests of our studios a relaxing and idyllic vacation in one of the most scenic locations on Milos island ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nefeli Sunset Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nefeli Sunset Studios Pollonia
- Nefeli Sunset Studios Hotel Pollonia
- Nefeli Sunset Studios Milos/Pollonia, Greece