All reviews honeymoon suite hot tub romantic dinner honey moon perfect service cleaning staff korres products plunge pool watching the sunset loved this hotel sun sets beautiful hotel greek islands big smile great sunset personal service wonderful island
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve read all the recent reviews and it’s hard to come up with more words to describe this hidden gem of the Greek Islands! We loved it!! We spent four nights and were so sad to leave! Chrysa made us feel immediately warmly welcomed! We arrived in the morning before checkin and she brought cappuccinos and offered us breakfast. The soothing music and the spectacular view got us immediately into the island vibe. We quickly changed into bathing suits and swam right off the dock ( bring water shoes) into the crystal clear Aegean. Amazing! Sadly, it was too windy the next two days when the waves spilled over the dock. The morning we left the Sea was back to peaceful gentle waves inviting us back in. Loved the food! I’m home now dreaming of those breakfasts with freshly made Greek pastries. Cocktails on the terrace were relaxing and the perfect way to enjoy the day or the evening watching the sunset. The dinner menu is elegant dining rather than taverna style. Athanasios and Ouhli made the evenings so special with their warmth and conversation. The most interesting music sound track which changes throughout the day helps create the perfect mood. I arrived home last night and put the CD on this morning and it’s taking me right back! On another note, the location is perfect as you can walk into town for dining in the tavernas ( Ask Chrysa for her perfect recommendations) or head to the dock for boating activities. Highly recommend a trip to Kleftiko with Exceptional Yachting to swim and snorkel in the caves. After our stay we flew back to Athens and boarded a sailboat cruise through the islands. We are so glad we started our island trip at Melian and Milos as it was one of the highlights of our two week vacation.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

How this can be rated the #4 of 7 hotels in Pollonia is beyond me. You simply Must stay here if you are looking for a place to stay on Milos. Apart from the stunning setting on the water, the service is fantastic, the rooms are spacious, super clean and comfortable, and the breakfast and restaurant food is wonderful. We arrived rather late one evening and were warmly greeted by the staff who showed us to our room. We were tired and didn’t feel like venturing out for dinner, so we just decided to eat in their restaurant. First, we were offered a free glass of excellent prosecco as a welcoming drink. Then we had a great dinner that featured many fresh and local ingredients (and wine), and we were feeling right at home.

The next morning, we had breakfast on our veranda (you have the choice of eating on the restaurant’s veranda or on your own private one). And the breakfast is not the typical buffet found in many hotels, but is freshly made to order with choices that you make the day or night before. It is delicious and you can have a choice of many delectable items, so you definitely won’t go hungry (neither will the several semi-feral, but very friendly cats that roam the area!).

We had just completed a very nice, but intensive and somewhat draining, tour of the Greek mainland before we arrived. And this place turned out to be just the ticket to relax and unwind for awhile. Do, do stay here if you can. This is my hundred and something-th review on TripAdvisor and I don’t think that I have ever given a hotel a better review than this one!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2018

We were thrilled with our stay at the Melian. Incredibly beautiful location that's very quiet and off the beaten path but also walkable to the center of Pollonia. The staff were professional, responsive and helpful. We were there during an unexpected ferry strike and the team worked very hard to be of assistance. Highly recommend this hotel if you are coming to Milos!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chopsoooey
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

This place is a hidden gem , everything about this 15 room luxury heaven was worth the trip .The service was outstanding , friendly beyond words , attentive and truly caring about your experience of their facility and the islands offerings . The views of this hotel was absolutely beyond belief , it is an absolute must if you come to Milos . The town of Pollonia where the hotel is located is walking distance , adorable and quaint and incredible restaurants . We will come back again and again . ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️!!!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter R
Reviewed August 2, 2018

A big Thank you to all the great Melian Team!
I’m always quite suspicious with hotels in Greece as they usually tend to disappoint me, look for ways to rip me off, overcharge or other minor-crookie behaviours. Not these people however! So generous, hospitable and accommodating whereas at the same time discreet. This small hotel has caught me by surprise and has really gone beyond my expectations. Simple, elegant, discreet luxury.

The rooms were very comfortable and spacy and so were the bathrooms. Korres products cover all your travelling needs and I must note that this hotel is spotless. Never in a hotel (even the very high end ones) did the cleaning ladies tide up the room and our clothes and stuff so nicely. Thank you ladies. The linen and towels smell homey and fresh.
Breakfast is served on the verandah or in your room at your own private verandah and it can include a pleasing variety of fresh products. Try a Bellini with local peaches.

I loved the relaxed feeling of the hotel and the homey luxury. All the team of people are extremely helpful, polite and sophisticated. It’s a small hotel that has captured my heart and has really made our short holiday a lovely one.

We will be returning and have already recommended it to friends who booked there.
Thank you and keep up the good work and the plain, unpretentious, serene aura of your gem.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple