“Very nice”

Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Quillan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place was recommended to us as somewhere to go that was a bit more special than your everyday brasserie. We weren't disappointed. We chose the mid-range menu which was dominated by fish dishes - exactly what we wanted. Beautiful entree of scallops and prawns with an olive tapenade, followed by Sole, then cafe gourmand. The other menus looked equally good including the pizzas. One happy and organised waiter looked after everyone bit we were never left waiting.
Very nice

Reviewed April 29, 2018

Clean lines and simply decorated within. Relaxed atmosphere.
Excellent choice of nice wines. The two menus at fixed prices are very good value. The products used are excellent quality.
The steak and the fish meal we had were perfectly cooked and nicely presented.
Service is efficent and allows time to enjoy your meal. Good dessert range including real Irish coffee.
BOOKING strongly suggested as there is limited seating and the tables are often all taken.
There is parking nearby (sometimes in front) otherwise within 2 minutes walk

3  Thank john h
Reviewed February 18, 2018

Having recently bought a property in Quillan, but as yet without much of a kitchen, I ate here three times in one week. It is as upmarket as Quillan does, and service, is efficient by mainly one man (the owner possibly). The menu hasnt changed in a long time but it obviously satisfies the clients. They serve a really good steak here, with excellent home made chunky chips, Charolais, and cooked exactly as asked for. A choice of sauces, peppercorn or roquefort can accompany. I had on two occasions a half carafe of local red wine, very good. The bill with coffee is around 30-40 euros, starters are around 12 euros but I tend to just have main course. I was taken here the 1st time and we all had their creme brulee on that occasion and it was excellent. There is a pretty sure hand in the kitchen.I recommend it, its pretty old school French and nothing wrong with that. It usually gets busy, but I have never booked, just gone and been able to get a table. In the summer when there are plenty of tourists I'm sure you will have to book. They also have a pizza place next door and you can get pizzas to go. The most expensive restaurant in Quillan, but a good one.

3  Thank abpg53
Reviewed January 5, 2018

Had a very good lunch, well presented. Staff could have been friendlier. Price of set menu reasonable and surroundings pleasant

3  Thank Derek D
Reviewed October 29, 2017

One lunchtime we found this wonderful restaurant in the heart of Quillan and it exceeded our expectations. I had a wonderful scallops & prawn salad with asparagus and tasty bread with tapinade topping. My chap had a "la galerie special" pizza with chorizo, squid and very flavoursome cheese. This restaurant has a good reputation for seafood. Very friendly owner and his staff have a relaxed yet thoughtful attitude and the service was impeccable.
Set in a quiet square with plenty of parking and a very comfortable vibe it is a place I will definitely be visiting again.

2  Thank nomadyummy

Been to La Galerie? Share your experiences!