“best zoo”
Review of Pairi Daiza

Pairi Daiza
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Pairi Daiza is home to 5,000 animals, including numerous endangered species that are housed in the Jardin des Mondes as part of protection and breeding programmes for endangered species. Pairi Daiza is 65 hectares of sumptuous, authentix and varied gardens. A true journey across five continents.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have been in no less than 10 zoos in Europe and I can say this is the best. If you have children this is a must. You will easily get a monkey on your shoulder and a parrot in your arm. You can see a Panda and be face to face to a giraffe. You can walk on suspension bridge. There is a big playground and the animal farm for the children to feed the animals.

2  Thank PablooBru

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I was there with school two years ago. It's quiet lovely place but the part with birds is a bit annoying :-D But at all it's a good place where to go )) May the best ZOO where I've ever been

1  Thank Samuela T
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Finally I found a place where I can show our daughter living animals without feeling ashamed about their condition. The animals have loads of space (in Belgian terms ofcourse), they look happy and well taken care of.
In many places, interaction with the animals has been nice worked out.
The food is nice but don't go eating at closing-time ;)
Our little baby had an amazing time, petting giraffes, playing with lemures, watching lions, stroking rhino's, ...
Also the scenery is very well done.
I was feeling very comfortable and ad ease, rare feelings for an amusement-park/zoo.
Pairi Daiza : MUST DO !!

1  Thank Safari-gids
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Pairi Daiza is not just a zoo. Pairi Daiza not only cares for animals better than most zoo's do, they even try to put them in their natural envirement. Pairi Daiza is a Paradise to walk through. After every corner, you find yourself in a new part of the world. We are used to travel a lot. Pairi Daiza is not fake, every part of the world they copy, is made by people from that country. If you walk through the China part, you feel like being in China, same for Bali... It's the most beautiful attraction in Belgium. Try to go during weektime. It can be busy in the weekends. But go there and adopt an animal!!!

2  Thank elsshanti
Reviewed November 14, 2013

It was early August 2013 when I visited Pairi Daiza in Belgium. It was by far my favourite attraction that I have visited in Belgium. At just €20 admission each, we really got more than out money's worth. It's a cross between a botanical gardens and a zoo. It doesn't seem like a business, when you walk around the gigantic park, you can only imagine how much it would have cost to build, and there isn't a member off staff in site, but there wasn't any need either. In sections there are animals just walking freely around you, so I think it's great that they trust the visitors enough to not have so much supervision, it can sometimes ruin the experience when there is too much. It is like another world, and is organised into different continents, with a restaurant and animals from the particular continents. I would visit Belgium again just to go again but earlier so that I can see everything (we went in the afternoon). I would advise people to go first thing in the morning, as it would take the whole day to get around the whole park. Definitely worth a visit, it's truly amazing to get so close in contact to such exotic animals.