4334 Island Dr Community Pool
1/2 Bath off Living Area
View from top deck
Dining Area
Kitchen
King Master Bedroom (top floor)
Same Master
Master Bath
Jacuzzi Tub
Pyramid Bunk and Twin Room (top floor)
Bath (Bunk and Twin)
Sitting Area (top floor)
Queen Bedroom (1st floor)
Full Bunk Room (1st floor)
Bath (Shared Queen & Bunk)
Top Deck
View from Beach Access
Laundry
4334 Island Dr
Generic Hot Tub Pic (not your HT). Heating Info
Smarthome
Ocean Ridge from the air
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Hampelo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Good Location, nice property but beds will be an issue for some”
Reviewed October 23, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Since there is only one review of this property and I spent two weeks there with friends, I thought I would take the time to provide a complete review of the property. This may be a bit much for most readers so I have categorized the review so you can jump to things that might interest you.

Would I stay there again?
This seems like the fairest place to start and the shortest answer can give is Maybe. I am me and you are you so things that I noticed that do or don’t bother me might or might not bother you. I advise that you read on.

The Location and Area
North Topsail Beach is an upscale community on Topsail Island and Ocean Ridge is one of the nicer developments of the community. All the homes are similar and if you can get over the “fake” décor items on the buildings (fake balconies and decks, etc.) the houses are all very attractive and similar with well maintained grounds. For sure, you will not be disappointed with the overall ambiance of the location.
The beach was clean and beautiful in September, I understand that ocean weeds may be seasonal but there was no indication of anything but sand and surf on the beach while we were there.
The house itself is a “B” level house which means it is not on oceanfront but has a clean view of the ocean from the balconies through space specifically left between the oceanfront houses to provide a view. This home is Oceanview not Oceanfront but it is a VERY good view.

Overall condition
The property inside and out is in fair to good condition. The inside is better than the outside but neither was problematic as far as us or our friends were concerned. Some rust on nails but the deck and stairs were solid.

Garage
The garage had limited use. My 4-door sedan could not get up either very steep ramp without bottoming. Our Friends AWD SUV could go up both ramps if not loaded. I would not suggest using the garages with most vehicles.
If you have high enough clearance, you could put 4 vehicles in the garage.
The garage and stairs up to the house had a very musty odor that might be a problem for people with severe allergies. The odor did not enter the house and you always have the option to use the outer staircase.
Passes are provided for outside parking. When we were there, 4 passes were provided. Always use them when parking on the grounds of the building or the pool. Apparently, unauthorized cars may be towed without warning.

Beach Access
The house is about 100 feet from the beach via easy access between the buildings in front. There are relatively few stairs over the dune. The property next door has stairs over the dune that is twice as high with twice as many steps.
This properties access is one of the best I have seen for people with mobility issues. Obviously, no beach access is wheelchair friendly outside of the odd ramp in public access locations.

Deck
The deck is well furnished with weather proof furniture. There is a table with built in seats, 2 lounges, 2 high seats and another chair. The problem previously reported has been well rectified.

Kitchen
The kitchen is beautiful and well stocked. Pots, pans, bowls, dishes and cutlery are better than average and should be adequate for most. Fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher work well.
NOTE: dishwasher heated dry is VERY HOT. Do not put any plastic in the dishwasher or turn off heated dry.
Chefs knives (slicing, cutting, paring) are kind of useless, I would recommend bringing your own.
Blender reported as not working last year still does not work reliably. It worked sometimes but failed when we needed it most.
There is no pot large enough to boil lobster.
The large electric grill does not work well. The power keeps going off and you must fiddle with the connection to make it heat again. I do not recommend using it.
The kitchen bar has two of the dining chairs for people to eat in the kitchen. We found this more useful to sit and watch TV with a beverage than to eat.

Dining Area
Building sleeps a lot of people but if you intent to bring more than 6, serving food will be a challenge. A nice high boy table and 6 chairs are provided (including the two at the kitchen bar) but that is it. I can possibly picture eating in shifts but I would not do it.
The table has a Lazy Susan centre which is quite convenient for moving things around during meals.

Living Room
The living area is adequately furnished with reasonable furniture. As noted in a previous review he furniture is far from new but is comfortable and spacious. We did not encounter the animal fur that was previously reported, in fact, the entire house had been quite adequately cleaned when we arrived.
The television was good but did not appear to provide any HD channels. We brought our ROKU and could use it for Netflix so the TV itself was HD if you bring your own device.
WI-FI
EXCELLENT. 30mbits minimum.

Bathrooms
The 4 bathrooms were all adequate or better with some limitation for storage. All but the guest bathroom have small sink areas and no medicine cabinets. I stored the stuff that I needed on the windowsill of the second story bathroom off the “dormitory” bedroom.

Bedrooms
If people are going to give this place a pass, this is probably why. The bedrooms are going to give people the most problems.
There are 4 bedrooms, two on the upper floor and two on the lower. Of these only two are really intended for adult couples. There is a King master suite on the upper floor and a queen suite on the lower floor. The other two bedrooms are setup for family/kids with bunks and twins.
The family bedroom on the upper floor is setup as a “dormitory” with a double twin bunk set and two twins potentially sleeping 5 people. The family bedroom on the lower floor has a double/double bunk.
We had two couples and intended to use the King and Queen adult rooms. The king bed was OK but the Queen mattress was more like a box spring than a mattress. I consider myself to be someone who can sleep on anything but this was below anything I have ever been asked to sleep on. If you have normally sleep on anything but a concrete floor, you may find this room completely useless.
The lack of a queen room and lack of other adult bedrooms may make this home unusable for some.
I tried all other beds (doubles and twins) except the upper bunks. They were adequate at least for sleeping. For adults with any mobility issues, the ladders in the way and the upper bunks may provide some problems.

Hot Tub
I own a hot tub and all four of us like to use them. Because of this, I paid $70 for the use of the hot tub when we were there (hot tub is free in high season). I came prepared to use the hot tub and even brought my own sanitizing chemicals.
I would not pay again.
First, the tub is very small. It is probably a 4-person tub but we could not convince the 4th person to enter. The tub was just too small and whoever was 4th just refused to get in. Because of its small size and number of bathers, sanitization was an issue as expected.
When we arrived, the tub water was clear but there was sand in the bottom. As it turned out, it is near impossible to keep sand out of the tub but there was no tub vacuum to remove the sand. It just had to stay there.
The tub came with no instructions, no sanitizer and no way to know what sanitization method was in use. The was no brominator or cholorinator in the tub so I had no idea if chlorine, bromine or salt was used for sanitizing.
After two uses, the tub was too cloudy to use further. I attempted to sanitize using the bromine that I brought but it would not take. The tub was done after 3 days of our 2 weeks stay.
Very sad.

In Summary
Good
1. Location
2. View
3. Deck
4. Common Areas
5. Bathrooms
Problematic
1. BEDS and Bedrooms
2. Hot Tub
3. Garage entry and Musty smell

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
dianabrod...
Baltimore, Maryland
“Vacation rental w friends during peak season”
Reviewed July 23, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

The home is a beautiful home. Needs some updating keep on outside deck. Rusty nails show through paint. Hot tub on deck was amazing. Has 5 blue plastic chairs & 1 small old table on lower deck off living/dining rooms. Blinds behind sofa are broken. I just slid them over by hand so we could get the outside view for the week. The sofas are old worn out. Black love seat was covered w animal fur. Area rug was gross & old. Dining table sat 6 small area. Kitchen was nice but coffee maker needs updating. Blender was broken and microwave turned in but never heated anything. It's broken as well. Pots & pans dishes were fine. Dishwasher, oven, stove, washer dryer all worked great. Liked the pantry in kitchen & island. Could use more comfortable stools. The ones there r too big for it & uncomfortable. Downstairs half bath was perfect. Shared full bath downstairs was ok but has some mold growing outside of shower where water hits it if glass door isn't closed properly. The bunk room was perfect. Has tv for kids & comfy beds. Other downstairs bedroom mattress was hard as a rock. Not comfortable at all!! Carpets in both rooms need replacing or heavy cleaning. Upstairs bathrooms were wonderful. Only complaint was master mattress was very worn out. Felt like sleeping in sink holes. No chairs out on deck upstairs!! Not inviting at all. No tv in upstairs bunk room or little living room area. Pictures online showed a tv up there. The teens were disappointed they did t have their own hang out tv space :( The wifi was very fast!! That's a plus! Walk to beach was close by. Listed as ocean front. It's not. You can see the ocean but there's homes in front of this home so it's really ocean VIEW. This home could be SO much better w a little up keep, attention, tlc, upgrades. I would definitely recommend Treasure Island Realty for rental needs. They were very helpful and professional. When we called about smoke alarm going off in middle of night, the had a great handyman come next day to replace batteries right away. We met handyman& handy woman first day of arrival as well. Very nice people. Cleaning of home when we arrived was ok but I think they needed to vacuum the bedrooms a lil better. Got Mac n cheese stuck on my bare feet the first day there.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing