I travelled in low season so you have to expect that most places on the backpacker route are going to be quiet. I did however find that the accommodation was excellent, simple but clean. I was lucky enough to stay in one of the cottages which was very comfortable, but also saw the new double rooms which looked exquisite and I think are excellent value for money.
Dinners & breakfast were delicious, great value with very generous portions.
The staff were brilliant, very helpful and interesting to chat to which I think is really important when there aren't a lot of other travellers around. They seemed genuinely interested in socialising with the guests and went out of their way to assist me with getting on activities.
I would highly recommend both the cultural tour and the horse ride (despite not really being a horsey person).
Wouldn't hesitate to return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buccaneers, set in beautiful indigenous gardens with magnificent views of the Cintsa Bay and lagoon, has been a haven for travelers for the last 17 years. With its great location and wide range of accommodation offering from camping to en-suite rooms and facilities like a swimming pool, free canoes, volleyball court & (of course) the beach right on its doorstep. Buccaneers has been Fair Trade certified and is intricately involved in local community projects. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Buccaneers Lodge & Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccaneers Lodge And Backpackers
- Buccaneers Lodge & Backpackers Hotel Cintsa