definitely the view is the most astonishing thing about Buccaneers! You can look over the whole lagoon onto the ocean. Next thing to mention are the free activities everyday which is mostly volleyball but there is ALWAYS free wine ;) The staff seems nice and fun and it is a surprisingly good place to party and with a lot of other activities in the region (two game reserves, cultural tours, horse rides, surfing lessons... )
compared to the view the road which leads to Buccaneers is probably one of the worst I've seen so far in South Africa! 1,5 km but you should be able to master it with a normal car, though no garuantee that your tires survive it^^ (in the time I was there, surprisingly I haven't heard about popped tires)
Unfortunately the bar is quite expensive compared to other places.
All in all a very beautiful backpacker that has a lot to offer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buccaneers, set in beautiful indigenous gardens with magnificent views of the Cintsa Bay and lagoon, has been a haven for travelers for the last 17 years. With its great location and wide range of accommodation offering from camping to en-suite rooms and facilities like a swimming pool, free canoes, volleyball court & (of course) the beach right on its doorstep. Buccaneers has been Fair Trade certified and is intricately involved in local community projects. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Buccaneers Lodge & Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccaneers Lodge And Backpackers
- Buccaneers Lodge & Backpackers Hotel Cintsa