“Decent hotel in Tuguegarao”

and 1 more site!
Holiday Plaza Hotel
Ranked #11 of 19 Tuguegarao City B&B and Inns
Manila
“Decent hotel in Tuguegarao”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

It was my first time in Tuguegarao City and wanted to stay in a clean and decent hotel. My staff chose this property since it was the only one that accepted American Express.

Reasons I liked this hotel:

1. The free hotel transfer to and from the airport was very handy.
2. Location was within walking distance from the city center, but without the noise and bustle
3. Room was clean and functional, although a bit dark and spartan
4. Friendly staff
5. Max's restaurant onsite

I cannot comment on the loud music from the club/disco located below since I went back to my room in the early morning. But I would certainly ask for another room if this would disturb my sleep.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank banzai0

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

My Mom and I were in Tuguegarao for a family matter, and chose to say at the Holiday Plaza hotel. Overall, the hotel was pretty accommodating and for a hotel in Tuguegarao, I was pretty impressed.

Service:
Service is wonderful. The front desk is very welcoming and helpful. Staff in general is always greeting you whether it's the doorman or housekeeping. In addition, the check in process was pretty quick and will allow you to check in early as long as there is availability. The only thing i thought was unusual was that they recommend that you leave your room key at the front desk when you leave the hotel.

Location:
I really liked the location because it was not on the main, loud and busy streets of Tuguegarao, yet still within walking distance to malls, restaurants, etc. The hotel is connected to a Max restaurant which offers free breakfast to those staying in the hotel and even offers room delivery.

Facilities:
The hotel decor is modern and contemporary, and the hotel itself is very clean. Rooms are all air-conditioned. Executive rooms are very spacious and include a refrigerator and water heater, futon, and desk. I felt that the room was so big that the air condition didnt quite reach the other end of the room. During our stay we also stayed in a standard room. This room is quite small and i would recommend it if you are a single traveler. The bathrooms were clean and had decent showers. There is no counter space in the bathroom so we ended up putting all of our cosmetics, etc on the desk. Beds are ok, they are pretty comfortable.

Overall, This hotel offered a pretty comfortable stay. If I had to stay in Tuguegarao again, I would probably choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Executive room is a great way to go!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank charmaine f
TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

While "Very Good" may be a stretch, its certainly better than average for T-City. We only spent one night there, and the staff was friendly and very willing to allow us to change plans once we arrived and paid for two nights. Max's is on site, and there area plenty of food places nearby. We were on the second floor, and did not hear noise from the street below. They have private parking (small) for your car, but it works. Php 1200 for a simple room, but totally sufficient for our needs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank laphph2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I visited my relatives in Tuguegarao City and stayed at the Holiday Plaza Hotel for two days. My two days stay were fortunately turned from a vacation something memorable. I never expected that they even provide ear buds in their bath rooms. Everything was simply well thought of in this hotel. Even their hallways were provided with high end paintings. And for an art lover like me, it made the difference.

Oh yes, their food and service were also excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Yumi A
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for 4days for a business trip. They have good location very accessible to shops and restaurant. Staffs are very friendly and accommodating, they try to attend to all our needs. Room rates are affordable.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Naomi S
Makati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had one of the most pleasant stay in a hotel, and I had a lot considering that I'm a flight attendant, when I joined a pilgrimage at the Our Lady of Piat Basilica last October 21, 22, 2013.

I stayed for two nights at the Holiday Plaza Hotel and the hotel was simply awesome. The food at Max's Restaurant which is the first floor of the hotel, was excellent. The service was great with very courteous staff. The room was very clean and the tv and wifi had very good receptions. I even dance my night away in my 2nd night at their hi tech disco bar.

If you're looking for a great hotel with a night life this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anaya A
Makati, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

The lobby looked nice but then everything went downhill...room wasn't nice. Very small desk in a dark corner very far from an electrical outlet. No counter in the bathroom for my toiletry bags. Then around 9 pm loud music started blaring. I called the front desk and they said they have a disco that runs until 1 am!!! They moved me to a quiet room on the other side, but there was only one room available so my colleague had to suffer with the noise and could not sleep until it stopped at 1. The wifi in the rooms didn't work either, had to go down to the lobby. Max's restaurant serves their breakfast but doesn't open until 7:30 and the service was so slow I was running late for my first meeting. And no table salt to go with my eggs! I checked out and moved to a different hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

#14 of 19 in Tuguegarao City
Villa Blanca Hotel
Villa Blanca Hotel
#10 of 19 in Tuguegarao City

Been to Holiday Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!