“When in Hotel Roma”
Review of Hotel Roma

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tuguegarao City
Hotel Roma
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Last February 2013, I was on a business trip to the north and the highly recommended hotel was Hotel Roma. Location-wise, it was advantageous as it was in the heart of the city. Hotel rate is relatively okay for the value provided. I cannot remember anything remarkable or a big disappointment so I have to say I had an average hotel experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Demz_Pogi

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a trip riding around the North of Luzon for 10 days. Stayed for 2 nights only because it was raining on the 1st morning, not a lot to see and do in the city itself.

Room was clean and reasonably well equipped and toiletries and cleaning was done daily. Good secure under building parking and great convient downtown location. TV channels limited and no fridge in room, plenty of storage space.

Staff were professional and helpful and the in house resturant was ok. Try to avoid getting a room that faces the street as the road noise can be loud.

On a world standard probably a 3 star hotel but for the Philippines with its abysmal hospitality standards you would place it as a 4 star. would stay again if I was in the area and needed a hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the street on lower floors
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

They say its the best hotel in Tuguegarao. If this is the best then the others will really be mediocre. The hotel is really average and it needs a facelift, for the same price you'll get a far better hotel in bigger cities. It's clean though. There is really not much choice in this place so this hotel will have to do.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Jepoyng
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife (Philippino) and i (Australian) visited in mid October 2012, i surprised here by getting a room here as she said it was a nice hotel and her friends recommened it to her. The Staff were exellent as i asked them to show me all the different rooms avalable, and it was no trouble at all to them i was very impressed to be honest. I settled on the Matrimonial suite as it was not to small and not to big , we spent 2 night there and enjoyed room service and the service was exellent and my wife was very impressed with the food as was i. We ate at the resturant as well and i recommend it it was a wonderful meal and the waiters were very professional, as of now the Hotel Roma was and is our favourate (we tried others) and we will stay again.Mr & Mrs Edwards Room 517......

Room Tip: Just enjoy the times you can spend time with the one you love...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David E
Reviewed October 9, 2012

You can get similar rooms in Manila for around the same price, but this is a city in the middle of no where and I would expect a lower price.

-Very low hot water pressure in shower

-Wifi didn't work for most of our 1 night stay. It took 2 calls to the front desk before they took me seriously about it. They said it was a problem with the service provider. I believe them but they should have some kind of backup if they advertise an internet connection. I only asked for two things before choosing this hotel and that was wifi and hot shower.

-Mattress and pillows were just cheap foam

-No sheet on the bed, just blanket and comforter (although, this seems pretty normal in the Philippines)

-There were small burn holes in the mattress (from a cigarette I'm guessing)

-TV Reception poor and went out completely multiple times (though channel selection was good)

-I asked them how to get the nearby attraction of Callao Cave. They called a van for me and added on 500 pesos for the trouble. The van with gas was only 1500. 500 pesos for one phone call??? If the weather is decent and you're not in a big group, I recommend you just find a tricycle to take you to the cave, it's not that far.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aphexx2
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The hotel service is excecllent, wi-fi signal is strong even inside the rooms, nice transportation from and to the airport. Only thing that they should improve is the small size of the bed in Single Superior rooms, and also the very weak water pressure in the bathroom. The water wouldn't even reach the shower. I had to ask for a pail and dipper. And I had to wait a while before the pail got filled with water. And they have no free breakfast.
I've stayed here for 3 times now. Next time I come here, I'll try the new hotel behind the mall. IThe name's Holiday or something.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The hotel management should be commended on their ability to maintain very good service within their comfortable, quiet, very clean facility.

Hotel staff at the reception counter, restaurant and those in charge of housekeeping are all helpful, courteous and polite.

The lobby and rooms are very clean, spic and span, and elegant, with all the polished hardwood panelling and cornices.

Guest rooms are comfortable. The mattress in single rooms is average in thickness and width, and the woolen blanket is somewhat thin, but these are all non-issues to me.

Food taste is good and quantity is acceptable for the price charged.

A highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business