“Visited as engaged couple then a married couple”
Review of Hotel Roma

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tuguegarao City
Hotel Roma
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife (Philippino) and i (Australian) visited in mid October 2012, i surprised here by getting a room here as she said it was a nice hotel and her friends recommened it to her. The Staff were exellent as i asked them to show me all the different rooms avalable, and it was no trouble at all to them i was very impressed to be honest. I settled on the Matrimonial suite as it was not to small and not to big , we spent 2 night there and enjoyed room service and the service was exellent and my wife was very impressed with the food as was i. We ate at the resturant as well and i recommend it it was a wonderful meal and the waiters were very professional, as of now the Hotel Roma was and is our favourate (we tried others) and we will stay again.Mr & Mrs Edwards Room 517......

Room Tip: Just enjoy the times you can spend time with the one you love...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David E
There are newer reviews for Hotel Roma

Reviewed October 9, 2012

You can get similar rooms in Manila for around the same price, but this is a city in the middle of no where and I would expect a lower price.

-Very low hot water pressure in shower

-Wifi didn't work for most of our 1 night stay. It took 2 calls to the front desk before they took me seriously about it. They said it was a problem with the service provider. I believe them but they should have some kind of backup if they advertise an internet connection. I only asked for two things before choosing this hotel and that was wifi and hot shower.

-Mattress and pillows were just cheap foam

-No sheet on the bed, just blanket and comforter (although, this seems pretty normal in the Philippines)

-There were small burn holes in the mattress (from a cigarette I'm guessing)

-TV Reception poor and went out completely multiple times (though channel selection was good)

-I asked them how to get the nearby attraction of Callao Cave. They called a van for me and added on 500 pesos for the trouble. The van with gas was only 1500. 500 pesos for one phone call??? If the weather is decent and you're not in a big group, I recommend you just find a tricycle to take you to the cave, it's not that far.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aphexx2
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The hotel service is excecllent, wi-fi signal is strong even inside the rooms, nice transportation from and to the airport. Only thing that they should improve is the small size of the bed in Single Superior rooms, and also the very weak water pressure in the bathroom. The water wouldn't even reach the shower. I had to ask for a pail and dipper. And I had to wait a while before the pail got filled with water. And they have no free breakfast.
I've stayed here for 3 times now. Next time I come here, I'll try the new hotel behind the mall. IThe name's Holiday or something.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The hotel management should be commended on their ability to maintain very good service within their comfortable, quiet, very clean facility.

Hotel staff at the reception counter, restaurant and those in charge of housekeeping are all helpful, courteous and polite.

The lobby and rooms are very clean, spic and span, and elegant, with all the polished hardwood panelling and cornices.

Guest rooms are comfortable. The mattress in single rooms is average in thickness and width, and the woolen blanket is somewhat thin, but these are all non-issues to me.

Food taste is good and quantity is acceptable for the price charged.

A highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This is my hotel of choice whenever I stay in Tuguegarao City. It's in the heart of the city and walking distance from the main road in town. There's parking in front and underneath the hotel itself. I still find this hotel the cleanest and well maintained in the area. The rooms are spacious and clean. They provide you with the typical overnight kit. The also provide free wi-fi. Michelle's is the name of this hotel's restaurant located at the second floor. Its been newly renovated and the look is cozy and modern. The native food is very delicious and the staff are all accomodating. I still find this hotel the best place to stay at when in the city. Just one important tip: get a room in the interior area because the outer rooms adjacent to the street get a lot of vehicular noise.

Room Tip: Get a room which is not adjacent to the street.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank zangetsu63
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I haven't been to the other hotels in the area, but I am told that this is the best. I stayed in a nice, spacious room. Even the toilet was big. The TV had all the selections. Bed was surprisingly comfortable. Hotel was walking distance from one of the old churches. Surprisingly, the hotel's resto had great food.
My only peeve is I called ahead to find out if they had hair dryers and was assured of its availability. Well, with a hotel that size and just two hair dryers to go around - I was a bit upset. The hotel staff tried heir best to locate one but the darn hair dryer was all sound but no air.
Oh well... Should have known better!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank butterscotchQC
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Hotel Roma is the best hotel in Tuguegarao City. In terms of room accommodation and service. They have free shuttle from the airport going to the Hotel. The food is good though not that value for money because of its serving portions but the ambiance and service is the best! The staff are very attentive and courteous.
They are wifi hotel and very clean.
If you are planning for a tour,t hey have arrangement if plan to have tour going to Piat, or Callao Cave.

If you are looking for a place to stay... Hotel Roma is the answer!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo