We had heard so many bad things about Honduras before travelling there that it is no wonder we weren't expecting too much from the country or the service. After a massive 12 hour bus ride from Nicaragua, we were exhausted and had no idea where we were going to be dropped off - but luckily fate intervened, we opened our guide book and D&D was the first name we saw! We phoned them up and were greeted by a lovely warm lady who told us not to worry, a taxi was on its way to pick us up. Twenty minutes later (with their friendly lovely driver), we arrived in the rain to warm welcomes and a clean, large, comfy room with hot water. After a shower we headed to the bar where we were treated to a beer tasting. After a yummy meal and one too many beers, we headed off for a peaceful sleep. And so our fabulous time at the brewery continued - the staff where unfaltering in their friendliness, and they have organised things so you never run out of activities to fill the days. We had loads of fun exploring, doing bird tours and the crazy Pulhapanzak waterfall! We made loads of friends with whom we're still in touch, including the staff - the two women who really made it for us - one of whom is the new manager and the other who was only there for a short time to help out - they're both the best! Without a doubt the best service and most fun we've had anywhere in Central America. I love this place and spread the word far and wide! Thanks for showing us what Honduras is really like! We'll be back, thanks guys!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first microbrewery and lodge in Honduras! We have 3 cabins, 6 standard private rooms with private bathrooms, 5 private rooms with shared bathrooms 2 dorms for backpackers, and camping available all in a natural setting near Lake Yojoa. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- d&d Brewery, Lodge, And Restaurant Hotel Pena Blanca
- d And d Brewery, Lodge, And Restaurant
- D&D Brewery, Lodge, And Restaurant Honduras