“lack of security”

Lakeview Hecla Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hecla Island
Reviewed February 26, 2014

hotel was nice,clean and had friendly staff.however would've been nice if there was security on the property.didn't care for the sleep number beds,could not get comfy no matter what we did.hot tub jets broken in pool area as well

1  Thank Tegan O
Write a ReviewReviews (1,379)

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The facilities are very nice, the rooms are nice the kids loved the lazy river and the slide...how ever there was a group of extremely drunk people there causing a ton of crap and the manager just kept feeding them alcohol . I saw the staff bring 15 beer to the kid side of the pool...to feed a ton of already drunk people where where acting up on the kid side of the pool area . the manager just let this go on all weekend...My family will never be back I will never be back.. but if you want a place to go get hammered and act like a complete jerk with no problem what so ever...this is the place for you...we also had no hot water for most of our stay and when the heater in the room kicks on it would wake the dead...

2  Thank hogue_james
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Comfortable and affordable Good Food Great outdoor winter activities Pet Friendly Beautiful scenery great cross country skiing and snowshoeing Friendly helpful staff Perfect winter weekend getaway location

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mickey R
Reviewed February 25, 2014

First impressions were great: structure and the lobby were beautiful. Room was lovely as well, although the bed was uncomfortably low to the ground. Good options in restaurant, food was good and bad!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed February 23, 2014

After reading reviews, we were looking forward to a wonderful winter getaway and our expectations were a bit too high. After the long drive up, due to blustery road conditions, we found the resort easily. It has a nice entrance, and we were shocked at the number of vehicles in the parking lot. We had to park in the next parking lot over, which wax ok as there were plugins there. Check in was quick with an unfriendly and unhelpful clerk. If you are going to market yourself as a winter getaway, gave a knowledgable clerk at all times at the desk - not someone who says to ask the other girl as she knows more - really?
The room was very spacious and modern with lots of storage, but the bed with the hard/soft setting would not keep its programmed #. The shower with the translucent wall so you can see the silhouette of the person showering while you are watching tv is just a bad design. I kept the light out in the bathroom so as to not give my kids a show while having a shower. The fridge needs to be defrosted so as to not freeze everything in it, and the carpet in the room was quite stained as well. We brought our own food up, and did not use the restaurant, although there were always people there eating. The housekeeping staff were very friendly, which was a very nice change from the check -in clerk who had turned me right off the hotel at the outset.
We used the toboggan hill after having to try to get direction to it about 4 times. Finally, my husband got clear directions and we found it. The pool area was ok. My youngest had fun. The spa was closed, there were no suitable kid DVDs available as they were ell signed out. We had wanted to go skiing, but it was just too cold. Wifi was good, so thank goodness we had our iPad so the kids could watch Netflix. We won't be back anytime soon, and will continue our search for a fun family winter getaway.

2  Thank hopeforsun
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Our initial impression was AWSOME! Check in was fast and we were in our rooms within 10 min. Rooms were clean, spacious and modern. Mini fridge/ microwave/ coffee maker were all there for our use. Lots of drawers and cubbies to store our belongings. Adult and kid pools were large, spacious and warm. Nice idea to separate the 2, especially if you are there with no kids you would never be bothered by kids! Lots of towels on hand for use. Our first meal in restaurant took a very long time to order and receive..my daughter and I waited just over an hour for sandwich and kids spaghetti. Meal was good. Come night time I realized the bedding and pillows were feather ( I have an allergy to feathers) called front desk and they immediately brought pillows and extra blankets..however the blankets were ripped, stained and very thin. I found this very gross and unsatisfactory! Thankfully the rest of my party was coming up the next day and someone brought me proper blankets. The adjusting bed was ok. Not very comfortable but I've slept on much worse. The rest of our meals were good, thoroughly enjoyed the wood fried pizza and would recommend it! My party was only up for 1 night and my daughter and I continued on with our stay. Our last night there was a Friday night and the hotel was FULL! I expected some roudiness, however what I got was beyond this. I realize that at times this happens, and this is beyond staff's control. However, when several people have complained and staff have been up to the room several times throughout the night!! Yes..the whole night!!! I would expect some sort of comment/apology when checking out..we received neither! All and all I will more than likely return, however I won't be rushing back anytime soon..we would only be returning if we had a group going with kids so they could enjoy the pool and waterslide.

1  Thank BonnieJ1977
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Hecla Resort is a reasonably priced winter getaway, with a fabulous pool area for adults, and an awesome water park for kids. Outdoor activities are all accessible from the hotel, beautiful sheltered ski trails, skating, snowshoeing and tobogganing. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Loved it - we'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank jhsteele

Been to Lakeview Hecla Resort? Share your experiences!