“Great - Great - Great”

Ranked #1 of 3 Cow Head B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Great - Great - Great”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Beautiful room - very clean- excellent breakfast - beautiful view!!! I would go back in a flash.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I stayed at the Seabreeze B&B the first week in May. I had an opportunity to visit Newfoundland and took it to see what the Rock had to offer. I had heard good things about the B&B from some friends of mine and thought I would try it. The owners, Robert and Roberta, were very welcoming and kind. They gave me all kinds of tips about where to go and what to see and were very informative. I stayed in Room 2 and it was just beautiful. This place is designed so that I felt more like I was staying in my own house rather than a B&B. The beds were big and comfortable. The whole place was beyond clean. They even asked me to remove my footwear at the door which is a huge indicator of cleanliness in my eyes. The bathroom was big, spacious and clean with nice plush towels as well. Before I went to bed, I would write down what I wanted for breakfast and what time I was getting up and it was ready when I was. I choose from bacon, sausage, pancakes, eggs, toast, cereal, juice and the portions were more than reasonable. The pancakes were awesome!!!! I was welcome to relax after a busy day watching TV in the living room or reading on the sofa and they even had a lap top computer with internet for guests to use. The hot tub was absolutely amazing after a long day. There was always coffee, tea, popcorn, etc for me to indulge in at my leisure. They also had spots for RV's with access to a washroom and showers.

If you are looking for a great place to stay, this is it. The front deck is a few steps from the ocean and the view of Shallow Bay is gorgeous, even when it is cold. The residents that I met in Cowhead were super nice and welcoming. I would like to thank Robert and Roberta for making my first trip to Newfoundland so enjoyable and I know that anyone who chooses to stay here will not be disappointed. You will be treated like gold!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank SilverBullet11
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2011

My husband & I stayed at the Seabreeze B&B for 6 nights. As it was our 1st trip to Newfoundland, and being unsure where to stay, we definitely lucked out with this place. Robert & Roberta have a jewel in a quiet area where there is so much to enjoy. They welcome you in and offer ideas of the sights in the area that are a must to see and a venture down to enjoy the 'Anchors Away' Band for some true NFLD entertainment was just one of their many suggestions & highlights. The B&B is spotless, which shows from the minute you walk in the front entrance. Roberta and the other staff make sure everything is fresh, clean and tidy. The rooms are immaculate, spacious and very quiet. The B&B was full occupancy for the duration of our stay and we felt we had our privacy. Robert prepared our breakfast each morning from a selection of items we had to choose from and we were served at a time that suited us. It was delicious! The homemade chocolate chip cookies were an added bonus. We enjoyed our days sightseeing and in the evening, relaxed in the crystal clean hot tub on the back deck. Thank you Robert & Roberta for a most enjoyable stay. We would not hesitate in recommending your fabulous place to anyone. The Seabreeze B&B is ''the'' place to stay, and yes, we will be back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katiemr2010
Lewisporte, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2010

A hidden gem in the most beautiful part of the Island! Our stay at the Seabreeze B and B was nothing short of spectacular. The hosts have a certain friendly charm but also respect privacy to the fullest. Our room was spotless and our linens were fresh and smelled fantastic. We slept like Babies and woke up to enjoy a fresh homemade breakfast, cooked perfectly to our tastes. I would recommend the Seabreeze B and B to people of all ages. It certainly gives you more than you would expect for the price you pay.
Thank you Robert and Roberta, We wish you all the best in the future.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley331
Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Hi:
We stayed for 5 nights at the best Bed and Breakfast we have ever been in. Roberta and Robert were so kind, helpful and caring. It was like being at home, away from home. The breakfast were cooked to order and very well done. Lots to eat and drink and served with a smile. Our room was clean, comfortable and the ensuite perfect. We would recommend this to everyone travelling to Gros Morne or just through Gors Morne. We will always remember the fun time we had and the great laughs. Thank you both Robert and Roberta for making our stay so special.

Rod and Veronica Goderich Ontario

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Stoney Creek, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at my bed and breakfasts on this trip but this one although rated 4.5 stars was a 5 star jewel. The breakfasts offered were a high caliber varieties. We got many recommendations on what to see and what to do and where to have dinners while we were here. They even arranged to fit in breakfast since we were up at 5 every morning to observe the wildlife.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Gros Morne National Park, Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This is my first experience with a B & B and if they would all compare to this, I will never stay at a hotel / motel / inn again.
Lets start with the front porch and front yard. The Sea Breeze is approximately 50 feet from the waters edge overlooking Shallow Bay and it's at the far end of town. The beach is sand, and rock and when the tide is out there is only a faint smell of ocean. As you look to the right, over the town, there are mountains in the background that will take your breath away. As you enter the B & B, you will notice how clean and clutter free the common area is.
The back deck has a wonderful hot tub, that guests are allowed to use, that is covered by an extending roof line and surrounded by a brand new deck. Robert and Roberta have deck chairs and a small table there to drop your towels on (that they provide) and it's a great place to sit, chat and get rid of the sore muscles from a days hike.
The breakfast... what can I say about the breakfast...? ORDER THE PANCAKES!! They are as big as your head !! And, Robert serves you two of them!! The maple syrup is heated as to not cool them down.. nice touch.
The rooms are spacious, elegant, beautiful. All have huge beds, top of the line bed linens, flat screen tv's, superior soaps and shampoos, huge towels and great pillows.
It takes approx 10 minutes to walk to town to watch a play, have supper, visit the botanical gardens or to do some laundry if need be.
It seems that the Sea Breeze is 1/2 an hour to everything you would need to do in Gros Morne National Park. I would suggest Baker Brook Falls, Western Brook Pond (do the 1:00 boat ride, it warms up by then) and definately the live theatre. Small towns like Cow Head (pronounced Cow Ed by the locals) need to be supported by tourists. We wouldn't want something this beautiful to become a ghost town. If you have time and would like to travel outside the park, St Anthony (St Antnee) is an absolute gem of a place..AND, it has a Tim Hortons.!!
This should be rated a 5 star B & B, you will lack for nothing! I will be back time and time again. I literally had tears leaving.
Diane Kekich

#1 of 2 in St Barbe
Genevieve Bay Inn
Genevieve Bay Inn
#2 of 2 in St Barbe

Been to Seabreeze B & B? Share your experiences!