See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 11, 2015 via mobile

We were there for a 2 days and it was great.staff was good,food it tasty and has many options.

We had a room which was faced to the backyard.it was so relaxing and comfortable.

Rooms are nice with the five star equipments.satellite tv available in the room.

We will come again.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2015

Very close to Katargama. The hotel itself is nothing to write home about but we felt very taken care of by the staff, at the restaurant in particular. Ate Srilankan rice and curry both times and it was quite good!

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2015

Nice cosy inn on the main road to Yala National Park offering basic accommodation for travellers. The wi-fi is weak and I had to sit near the hotel reception with my laptop to send my emails and chat on whatsapp.

The staff are friendly and helpful.

I recommend to take a walk to the village across the road to get a flavour of life in rural Sri Lanka.

Room Tip: Walk around the hotel to get a feel of rural Sri Lanka
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2015

Stayed here for one night after our Yala safari trip.

The hotel wasn't dirty so much but everything was old and could have done with a lick of paint.

Food was extremely slow to come and was quite poor quality when it finally arrived. All the time we were waiting we were constantly being bitten by flies and a small cockroach walked past our table at one point.

There were massive cobwebs on the ceiling that hadn't been cleaned, I don't want to imagine what size spider made those but luckily I only saw them as I was leaving in the morning.

The bathroom smelt when I walked in, not of human dirt but it just had a funny smell to it and when I turned the shower on a strong sulphur smell appeared, I don't know what this means but I can't imagine it's anything good! There was also an electrical power socket in the shower enclosure (in use by the electric shower) which was lower than the height of one of the shower heads), very dangerous!

The WiFi worked from when we got there in the evening at about 7.30 to about 9.30 that night and then it just stopped and didn't work properly the next morning either.

Would not stay here again and if we had been staying more than one night I would have looked for a different hotel on the following nights.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank KarlTGreen
Reviewed March 29, 2015

We stayed here 3 nights and although it wasn't great it is quite hard to criticise this small and friendly hotel. The staff were very helpful and attentive and the facilities were all there (just) and it was clean, but it was very gloomy and in poor repair and it really felt like it just needed a lick of paint, some pictures on the wall and some new mats in the rooms to brighten the place up.
As it was a bit remote from the main town we decided to try the food and actually this was the best bit - although we were the only ones in the dining room and there was a noisy Sri Lankan soap opera on the TV in the corner so the atmosphere wasn't the best - the food was freshly prepared, good value and delicious. So we ended up eating there all 3 nights and had some really nice food.
The other thing which made us laugh was the mosquito net holder had been installed at a height which meant the ceiling fan blades clipped it on each rotation making it very noisy and a bit worrying. Luckily the rooms had aircon too so we didn't need it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are probably quieter as away from the road but we weren't disturbed really even at the front.
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple