“The most incredible service from an amazing owner”
Review of My Village Hotel

My Village Hotel
Ranked #8 of 88 Tissamaharama B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We arrived at My Village after quite a long drive and were welcomed by smiling faces holding fresh juice. We were shown directly to our room, which was huge and lovely. The owner was beyond helpful - organising our safari to Yala, a boat ride on the lake and also a driver to take us to our next destination. In fact, as he knew there was another couple that was heading in the same direction he paired us up so we could save money. This obviously cost him in commission as two cars would have reaped more for him but that's just the kind of guy he is. The food was lovely and they even packed a breakfast picnic for us as we were going to be at Yala. I have nothing negative to say about My Village - definitely stay here!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Really happy we booked earlier enough to stay here. We had a huge, comfortable and clean family room. The whole place has been fantastically designed, brightly coloured and very appealling. Siiting on a comfy, clean couch outside your room recovering from energetic early morning safari was bliss. The staff were incredibly attentive, anticipated needs without being imposing and most of all great with the children. The kitchen is open and spotlessly clean and produces general serves of very tasty food.
Thankyou for adding to our Sri Lankan experience

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nilintentum_reliquit
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The owner is a very honest person who takes pride in his establishment and his guests.

The accommodation itself is very modern and very clean. The food is very good. Highly recommended even though it is a few minutes out of town (R200 in a tuk tuk)!

Definitely book the Jeep tour through My Village as his drivers/contacts work very hard to make sure you see as many animals as possible in Yala. I could see other people who had booked a cheaper driver and there vehicles were not as comfortable and some were even broken down.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bumblebee262
Reviewed January 18, 2013

What a lovely place! When you go through the gate it's like entering a different world, the bird song, the peaceful garden, just wonderful!!! Sujith and his staff were so nice, beautiful room, the food was marvelous, the rice and curries a must eat. We were so glad we stayed for 6 nights which gave us time to explore this amazing town with the beautiful lake and incredible wildlife. Also the temples surrounded by rice paddies has such a serene atmosphere. Of course, the great national park safaris can be arranged by Sujith, but a shame to make just an overnight stay as some do, Tissa and My Village really deserve more time!!!! Wishing all at My Village a great 2013! Thanks again!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Josy213
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at My Village for two nights in the family (triple room) which was very spacious and very clean. My Village has a nice little outdoor area for relaxing and we took a stroll around the lake at the back of My Village and encountered all sorts of bird life including my peacocks, one putting on a dance for his female friend. Sujith organised a safari for us, which included a packed breakfast. We were there on Christmas Eve and enjoyed a informal cricket match in the laneway with local kids and our son. Probably the highlight of our stay - Australia vs Sri Lanka! Recommended for a short stay to do some safari tours.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank louandjm
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Me and my son stayed at MyVillage for five nights and we were having a great time there. The rooms are cosy, the place is very clean, the owner Sujith extremely helpful and the food amazing (do not miss the Sri Lankan Curry). You can borrow bicycles for free and explore the surroundings. Tissa is strategicaly situated and the National Parks Yala, Bundala and Kumana are close by. I give MV my highest recommendations and we hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank didrikc
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed one night at My Village for the safari at Yala National Park. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the staff were very helpful with arranging for a packed breakfast in the morning for our safari and serving juice when we arrived and when we returned from the safari the next day. Great place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends