“Lovely hotel wish we stayed longer”
Review of Kithala Resort

Kithala Resort
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Tissamaharama
Reviewed February 8, 2014

On arrival we were offered cold towel and a soft drink. The rooms of good size well appointed, clean and modern. The grounds big and well looked after with a lovely swimming pool. The restaurant offered good choice for dinner and breakfast. The staff was very helpful. Our stay was very comfortable and I wish we stayed longer.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ukrmiho
There are newer reviews for Kithala Resort

Reviewed February 7, 2014

A very good hotel with a new and lovely pool. Several ducks and geese in the area who like a drink ( from the pool. All the rooms have a pool view. Nice restaurant - possible to eat on the patio. Good buffet.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Davancar
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I went to this hotel as part of my tour round Sri Lanka. Very clean and nice large rooms and very comfortable.
Especially liked the pool, which didn't seem very chlorinated, and the view.

My only complaint was that the service was a bit haphazard. There seemed to be a lot of junior inexperienced staff. One waiter asked if I had finished my meal, when I had put my spoon down to drink my cup of coffee!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank sussexART
Reviewed February 3, 2014

A lovely looking hotel, good welcome, nice decor generally. I only stayed for one night to accommodate the safari at Yala NP. My room was quiet and comfortable although some of the many light bulbs needed replacing. I think I must have visited the restaurant at the end of a long buffet day. The food was dry, tepid and tasteless I'm sorry to say. Breakfast was a slightly better experience. The staff were extremely friendly,however, and almost TOO attentive - as soon as I'd placed my knife and fork together, they presented me with the bill to sign!
Not a great experience food-wise, hence the average rating, but others seem to have had a very different experience, so hopefully it was a 'one-off'.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank EluwaiLady
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Aesthetically pleasing hotel. Extremely well staffed. On arrival we were offered ice, cold, frozen towels to cool down with and a fresh cucumber and mint juice! Nice touch!
Clean and modern with nicely manicured grounds. Lovely looking swimming pool.

Rooms were very well appointed and comfortable. Exception being toilet is far too close to the shower bumping knees and head sitting down.
Comfortable balcony with good view.

The food was really exceptional. There was a wide range of dishes in buffet style for both dinner and breakfast. All cooked to perfection. Sri Lankan cuisine and European dishes with a slight twist. The sous-chef was excellent at explaining/showing the dishes to all guests so everyone knew what they were eating.

The bar offers cocktails! Which was a first out of many of the hotels we stayed in. It was nice to relax in the evening, outside next to the pool and small lake in the hotel grounds (with ducks, geese and peacocks) cocktail in hand.
The bar and restaurant staff were always ready to help.

We were disappointed to only stay one day and night! We were seriously considering prolonging our stay here because it was so enjoyable.
Definitely recommendable and would most certainly return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Missminxy1990
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had an enjoyable stay at the Priyankara Hotel. The setting is really peaceful, with an attractive pool and a view of the paddy field next door, which makes it great for anyone interested in bird-watching as you can see all sorts of birds from the grounds of the hotel. The rooms with balconies are really nice, particularly if you fancy sunbathing in the morning.

The staff were friendly and the food was good and reasonably priced. We will stay here again if we come back to Sri Lanka

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pazza71
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We are here right now and it's the best hotel out of the past four that we have been in.
The rooms are lovely and the food is great. I really can't thing of anything negative to say.
It is approximately 15 mins by car away from Yala Safari park which is a must.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple