“Amazing view, below average food”

Golf Club Villa d'Este
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Montorfano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Stockholm
“Amazing view, below average food”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Pros:
Beautiful surroundings in the outdoor restaurant right next to the lake
Good service by practiced old hands
Charming place
A quartet playing music and singing in the gardens was the saving grace of the evening - just marvellous

Cons:
Average to poor starters and main dishes. Both our main dishes were passable but rather tasteless.
When I mentioned the average quality of the food the waiter rolled his eyes - he had obviously heard this comment before and mumbled something about the Chef.
Very expensive indeed (paid over $500 for a meal for two)- no problem if the food had been of a high quality.
The Hotel Posta 10 minutes drive down the road had better food at 1/5th of the price

Conclusion:
Nowhere near even 1 star Michelin, but go there for the unmatched romantic ambience and perhaps just a dessert

• Visited August 2012

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Very good food with or without a round of golf”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We played around of golf with friends from Ticino. After our bad golf on this beautiful walking course we decided to have lunch there. This really made our day. It was truffle time in October and we had an opulent but light lunch with some wonderful antipasti and pasta with truffles. The perfect and friendly service was impressive and the value was very good as well. We were lucky to get a table, so it is better to make a reservation. Non golfers- it is worth going there as well!

• Visited October 2011
Cairo, Egypt
“Elegant and Excellant food”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I was visiting Italy in June 2009 staying in Como.
On my birthday I decided to treat myself with a nice meal in a ice place.
I chose Villa D Este, for lunch time.
I stayed at the terrase restaurant and ordered a Veal Cutlet and just mentioned
my birthday. I got the best,and excellant meal, the meat melts in your mouth, elegant service . Just finished my meal ... I saw a nicely decorated plate with a round tarte
comming to my table , with a Happy Birthday
The tarte was shared with all tables around me, and I was not SOLO any more
Thanks to the Chef

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank ASGadELmawla
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great location on the golf course , the golf association isn't needed , great food”
Reviewed July 19, 2008