All reviewsplunge pooltango showmartin and ceciliarooftop terraceprivate dinneroutdoor showerour honeymoonhot water bottlesandes mountainsmain buildingspa treatmentsbuenos airesgrape vineshorseback ridingmoment you arrivecar servicerelais chateaux
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

We stay 3 days in cavas, the place is very beautyful, we choose luxury room with half-board stay. The room was big and very comfortable, all things were great. The breakfast and food are delicious, the service is perfect, very respectful and efficient, they have big wine chart.

Positive points:
- located close to the best wineries;
- option to have a dinner in cellar or cavas - super romantic;
- delicious food;
- fantastic service, people are happy and gentle to help you;
- in our stay we saw a tango show and have assadomargentino to eat;
- the drivers from Cavas Lodge are a bit expensive, but they are very polited and veryprofessionals;

Small Negative points:
- In our stay the internet didn't work in room;
- The somelier could spend more time with us, sometimes he just deliver the wine, for instance, in my dinner I would like to have more options for choose my wine and I didn't have this time because the somelier already choose one for me;
- Mendoza is very dry city maybe you need nasal hidratation;

I highly recommend this hotel, congratulations for Cavas Lodge.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2017

I first heard about the Cavas Wine Lodge when I was studying abroad in Buenos Aires in college, and vowed I would go there one day. Since I couldn't afford it for many years, I convinced my parents to go in 2008 and they had rave reviews. I finally was able to go myself this year on my honeymoon, and it exceeded my years of built up expectations.

We stayed four nights and had the hotel organize all our activities, which included horseback riding, a full-day wine tour, dinner at Francis Mallman's 1884, a full spa day, and an on-site cooking class.

Every detail is thought of and the service is outstanding. It's the little things that make it special. They have a glass of wine waiting upon arrival. They bring hot water bottles to place at the foot of your bed at night (in the winter). They bring a card in the evening with the time of sunrise, in case you want to get up. They light a fire in your private rooftop fire place upon request, and bring blankets to keep the chill at bay. They even brought my husband new matches to light his cigar when he ran out.

In short, Cavas is worth every penny. Although a pro tip: the prices go down on June 1 because it's the official start of the low season. So, we stayed in Mendoza at the Park Hyatt on points until June 1, when we transferred to Cavas.

Room Tip: every room is a great room
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2017

We stayed at Cavas for 5 nights. What a lovely experience!
The lodge is located among the vineyards about 45 minutes drive from Mendoza airport.
From the moment you arrive, the staff is at your service. If you ask for something, it is immediately provided.
Since the lodge is not in town, we ate most meals on the property. The food and wine were superb.
Our "villas" were unique and extremely comfortable. Totally private.
In my many years of travel, this was easily the most relaxing stay I've had.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Stay in a villa
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2017

Just stayed three nights at this hotel in Mendoza. Very nice property with great view of the Andes. Room are very large, comfortable and well equipped . The food and wine were excellent. Very close to many wineries. All staff very helpful , before and during our stay!! Recommend very much

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2017

excellent location, SPA, tasting and wine list! but the food and staff service does not correspond to the level of this hotel network! also the impression was spoiled by the fact that on arrival at the airport found that the wheels of the suitcase were broken, while delivering it to the car! about this incident were silent

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo