“Impeccable service and beautiful huge room!”
Review of Cavas Wine Lodge

Cavas Wine Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lujan de Cuyo
Singapore, Singapore
“Impeccable service and beautiful huge room!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Love the service! Superb warm welcome drink upon arrival. Check in was swift and easy. Very attentive staff in the dining place. Whatever you need, Cavas will make it happen. I wanted a 2 day hike, they arrange based on whatever time I need. Have a personal guide and a very good driver (Gaston). I asked if someone can help me to sew my pants which is a tad too long, they did it! Super food at breakfast or dinner. I would love to stay there after my climb but it is too far from the airport and is also very pricey. ;)

I didn't give it a 5 star because the room service is very very slow, or you're most likely forgotten.
The room is huge and lovely but lightings are poor. Also during a heavy rain night, water came into my bathroom and bedroom. Though didn't flood but I could have slip and fall if I was not careful heading into the toilet late at night with poor lightings!
Oh! there's 1 thing that irks me. I called about the ants in my cup. Then i went for a massage and when I came back, my door is wide open, no one is in my room neither did they replace a cup. Then I realised they came to get rid of the ants but was shocked by the fact they leave my door wide open. Yes Cavas is a very safe place where I threw my valuables all over. But I don't appreciate them leaving my door open without anyone inside.

Room Tip: My room is #4, air con is noisy and it didn't work for 1 night.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Gattikon, Switzerland
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We had such a great time in this hotel. By the time on arrivel by car, the staff expect us with a glas of wine. The location is amazing and the staff very friendly and helpful. The made our stay just perfekt. Good food, excellent wine (not cheap) in a great area with nice view to the andes.

Stayed December 2013
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We visited the lodge for the last five nights of a 19 night stay in Argentina

The location of the lodge in a vineyard adds to the beauty of the lodge. Each guest has their own adobe style house, quite spacious with a patio, private plunge pool and outdoor shower. Allso an upper deck overlooking the property with a seating area and outdoor fireplace. The adventurous can even sleep outdoors if they desired. What beautiful views.

The staff is excellent in helping you to plan the days, as well as nightime activities. They are also very flexible in trying to help you change itineraries to your new preferences.The owners, Martin and Cecilia are very hands on and dedicated to the superiority of the service provided and strive to make each visitor feel special. They succeeded.

With respect to the nightly activities-- we ate at the lodge three nights of our five night stay.
The full board package provided the opportunity to visit two of the better restaurants in Mendoza. The lodge restaurants are very flexible in accomodating your food preferences. The food was aalways well prepared and quite good. The last evening we had dinner in their wine cellar. Very romantic and special. In addition there were tango shows on two evenings.

The day time activities were great. One day we went on a hike up in the mountains. The guide they retain for you is very aware of safety issues and in tailoring the hike to your capabilites. One day we went horseback riding thru the vineyard, had a wine tasting and then a picnic on an estancia. Beautiful and outstanding. We visited other wineries. At one winery we had picnic catered by one of Mendozas excellent restaurants.

We had one hiccup in our service, where we had to wait 45 minutes for our transfer on arrival. They apologised profusely and it was Irrelevant in comparison with the quality of the entire experience.

While the full board pricing is very expensive, given the quality of the experience I would rate the stay as one of high value. If you are going to Mendoza you should try to stay at Cavas. I cannot imagine another resort in the area being any better.

Room Tip: The rooms are fairly spread out over the grounds. So, if you are concerned with a long walk you shou...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol S
SF bay area
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here a couple of nights as part of a group tour, so all of our activities were pre-organized. We saw the tango show, had a cooking lesson, toured wineries, mountain biked, and rode horseback. The tango performance was very good, at least as good as what we had seen in Buenos Aires. The cooking less was fun, but with such a large group participation was limited to wrapping an empanada (we ate them later). Some people in the group went to 1884 while we enjoyed dinner at the hotel. The stuffed squid was quite nice and we drank the complimentary bottle of wine from our room (very tasty).

One word of caution...our next stop was Chile and many of us took a piece of fruit or a bag of nuts and dried fruit that was provided in our rooms. Two people in our group were detained at the airport in Santiago because these items were found in their bags. It is easy to forget that you have them and it is a BIG DEAL. Our guides should have warned us since they later indicated that they all had heard about this happening before and usually there was a lot of paperwork and fines of $200 or so. Luckily, the people who were caught got off with a warning (after lots of paperwork), but they missed their connecting flights.

Early October was too chilly to enjoy the outdoor pool/shower, but it was nice weather for the biking activity. We biked to a picnic and folk dance performance with a lovely view of the valley and had a self-guided stop at a fish farm on the way. Fish farming is a big industry in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank BusyMomof4
Hermosa Beach, California
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed at Cavas for the final 3 nights of a two week trip to Argentina and Uruguay. We truly ended our trip on a 'high note,' as it was the nicest hotel we stayed at, and more importantly, the most private and intimate. Cavas is 30-40 min from downtown Mendoza, and it is situated in a beautiful vineyard, with the Andes mountain range as its backdrop. The views and beauty of your surroundings are truly jaw dropping, and the adage that pictures cannot truly replicate what you see through your own eyes is true here, although we did come home with some gorgeous photos. Each room/casita sits alone in the middle of the vineyard, detached from all the others and giving you plenty of privacy. There are two 'rows' or 'lines' of units, and ours was in the row of casitas closer to the mountain range, which means our views of the mountains were unobstructed by any other casita. I'm quite sure there isn't a bad view in the house though. The units are large, and decorated in a very tastefully elegant manner. We couldn't have felt more comfortable, and our place felt like our home the first evening we stayed there. It had everything my fiance could have wanted, including a large bathtub with a view of the vineyard and a walk-in closet, and everything I could have wanted, including a plunge pool that was very refreshing on the 95deg day. Once of my favorite things was enjoying the plunge pool and accompanying lounge chairs, while drinking a fine Malbec, and being in the middle of a vineyard by myself...a great way to relax, find peace, and take in the beauty of a wonderful part of the world. The units also have an upstairs terrace which has a fireplace, day bed, and sweeping views of the vineyards and mountains.

We, for the most part, enjoyed the food we ate at the hotel. Breakfast was very nice, with plenty of fruit, juices, and breads laid out, and you can also order off the menu. We had dinner here twice, and really enjoyed the traditional BBQ that was cooked after the tango show on Friday evening. The sommelier, Juan, was a remarkable man. He, most importantly for his capacity, knew a lot about wine (both in the area and out), but also quickly became a man we truly enjoyed talking to. The rest of the staff were equally as important in providing us with a wonderful stay at Cavas. Let me just say, when we arrived, my fiance was feeling quite sick from the long trip in (I booked us on an overnight bus which was a horrible move because she is prone to getting motion sickness, whoops!), and Ana, Barbara, and others went out of their way to make us (most importantly her) feel comfortable, and even set up an area in the spa where she could rest/sleep since it was 10am and too early to check in. How people respond to you in a time of need is very important, and they did everything so right. The service and attentiveness the rest of our stay didn't stray from this first impression. The emails in the weeks leading up to the trip, and the communication/planning and chats during our time there, ensured that everything went smooth.

One of the days I used an outside service/driver to take us to the Uco Valle to wine taste, and another day the hotel set us up on horses to go to a nearby winery with a guide named Ivan - another amazing person who we truly wish the best for with all his goals and aspirations. This was a fabulous day in which we enjoyed the tasting at Vina Cobos, the lunch, and the time on the horses. Later in the evening, we went to the tango show that the hotel put on, followed by a great dinner, and then headed back through the vineyard to out casita where I proceeded to propose to my girlfriend at the time, now my fiance. I mention this because I just want to say how instrumental in they were in making this a perfect proposal. They helped me plan everything out and executed the plan flawlessly. From rose pedals up the stairs, to candles, fireplace, and champagne, it was amazing!

If I had to mention something that wasn't up to par, it would be the gym at the hotel - it could use a few more machines. I know the space where it is located is limited, but at least add some weights that are over 10 pounds.

We truly enjoyed our time here, and cannot wait to come again in the future. This is a wonderful gem of a hotel, one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had, and I would recommend it tremendously.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank McDonald3
Shropshire,UK
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Lovely large room, sitting room and big bathroom with bath,separate loo and shower. Small dressing room. Roof top terrace with fire place. Outside terrace with plunge pool [cold!], sunbeds, table and chairs.Bed very comfortable with view of vineyard. Staff very good and nice. Food & wine superb. Spa good.
Wine tours very interesting - first day mostly smaller vineyards locally [Caelum, Ruca Malen, Achaval Ferrer] but we asked to change the next day's visits to more well known vineyards [Trapiche & Catana] which they happily arranged at short notice. Lunch at Ruca Malen is a "must".
All tours were "private" with our own vehicle and driver. Drivers all very good as were the vehicles. A surprisingly good Tango Show at the hotel one evening -sitting outside with wine and canapés. Great riding through the vineyards-horses brought right to the hotel. On our last night as a surprise they set up a bottle of fizzy white wine in a cooler on our roof terrace and lit the fire so we could watch the sunset . Rugs also provided. Having seen many sunsets in our time all over the world we were rather sceptical but it was the most spectacular sunset ever - perhaps we were just lucky!
On our second night they arranged for us to be taken to a restaurant in town, 1884 Francis Mallman. We would definitely recommend this restaurant. Despite others from the hotel eating here that night we still had our own driver and transport who waited and brought us back again.
We had a couple of light lunches on our terrace and service was good apart from once when they didn't collect the tray.
Small grumble - no shower gel only soap [when I questioned the hotel apparently the perfume of the soap is nicer]. No shower gel was my bug bear all round Argentina - so easy to slip if you drop the soap in a shower.

Room Tip: We had Room 10 at the back of the property closest to the mountains. We thought these rooms were the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We ended our trip in the wine country with a special booking for a half spa day at this lodge. It included a one hour massage and lunch. We went not knowing what to expect and had the most enjoyable couple's massage. Wow, we both agreed it was one of the best we'd had. After that, we were escorted to a table on the patio for lunch. While we waited for the food, they showed us the grounds and rooms. We decided that on our next trip, we definitely need to stay here to wrap up the trip. Each room is a "casita" with an outdoor rooftop deck to enjoy the scenery and weather. Wow. Loved it! Service was 5 star!

Room Tip: Each room is like a little cottage - some are on their own, others are joined by a wall. The separa...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Diplomatic Hotel
Diplomatic Hotel
#8 of 84 in Mendoza
Finca Adalgisa Wine Hotel, Vineyard & Winery
Finca Adalgisa Wine Hotel, Viney...
#3 of 9 in Chacras de Coria

Been to Cavas Wine Lodge? Share your experiences!