“time well spent”

Andrassy Residence Wine & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tarcal
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a trip to Andrassy Residence Wine & Spa in February, when snow was covering everything around, and it was an unforgettable memory to sit in the dining room sipping amazing prime quality wines while watching the snow around us.
The staff is very helpful.
One of their waiter is really enthusiastic about wines, and he is a good recommender for personal preferences. I am really picky for "spicy wine taste", but still not sweet and he managed to amaze me with amazing wines.
As well, I recommend, you try their cheese plate next to your glass of wines.
Their room is clean, tidy, quite and nice.
Their Spa as well is prime quality with funny extras. (like jungel bird singing shower & cave pool)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Eszter_Balint, Guest Relations Manager at Andrassy Residence Wine & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Barbara J,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Andrassy Residence. I was delighted to hear that our wine tasting had given you a real experience. It is always great to receive positive comments and I will certainly pass them on to the Team. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Tarcal.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We spent a superb week in the hotel. The best part of it was the spa of course for our children, but for us also.
The family room was confortable and big enough for four person. The furnitures and cleanness was excellent also. The staff was friendly and the service was perfect. The meal in the restaurant was absolutely good, the dishes were very fine and varied.
I can mention only one unlovely thing, the spa closed 8.00 p.m., two hours more would be great.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KelemenZoltan
Andrassyresidence, Guest Relations Manager at Andrassy Residence Wine & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear KelemenZoltan,
Thank you for sending us your kind feedback and for choosing Andrassy Residence for your recent stay. Our aim is to provide our guests with memorable experiences and I am delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We visitied this hotel twice, both times were very positive. This time we were with our doughter, who loved swimmingpool and all facilities. Very friendly staff. Great bar next to the swimmingpool area. Restaurant also good however they should make one work to be perfect (steak and lamb much to dry), but duck liver the best.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Andrassyresidence, Guest Relations Manager at Andrassy Residence Wine & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear AnnaKrk_01,

I am pleased to read that you chose The Andrassy Residence for your family getaway and how much you enjoyed the whole experience including the spa area. It will be my plasure to share your kind review with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to The Andrassy Residence.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Luxurious place, friendly people, fantastic spa with Disney-like cave pools, tropical showers, steam rooms, and many other features. Certainly a great get-away place with gorgeous country side and charming near-by villages. Tokaj is within ten minutes drive, and some good restaurants in the surrounding villages. On a busy weekend parking can be awkward, unless you find the hidden, upper parking lot. Service is a bit mixed, but on the whole it is good. The breakfast buffet is remarkable, containing a variety of Hungarian and international goodies.

Room Tip: We certainly found the rooms on the second floor, over the lobby spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank IGF
Andrassyresidence, Guest Relations Manager at Andrassy Residence Wine & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear IGF,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at the Andrassy Residence. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed staying with us and that we were able to accommodate you in a room that suited your tastes. I am also delighted to read your comments about breakfast and that you very much liked the surrounding area in Tokaj region. I am sorry to hear you felt certain aspects regarding service as it did not meet your expectations and your comments have been heard and taken on board.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were spending three nights and were very satisfied. Hotel has about 40 rooms, our was spacious.
Pro:
* beautiful venue, everything looks still new
* tasteful wine to try at check in
* chocolate as additional welcome in the room :-)
* spa: definitely a plus: light therapy sauna (up to three pers), finish sauna (up to eight pers), infrared sauna (max two), steam bath (max eight), three adventure showers (temperature and waterflow are defined) and a cold water pool.
Additionally there is a swimming pool that is fine for a little practice and a "cavern" that holds three jacuzzis for sitting and two where you can even lie. Also there was enough space for resting.
* rooms have enough space to spend some time there, very quiet
* although there is no WLAN in the rooms (only cable on request), we had an internet connection as our room was above the entry hall (where wireless is available officially) :-)
Con (hence only 4 instead of 5 points):
* as it is a 5-star hotel with according prices: towels have loose twines, shower head is in a height for small people (and shower is not separate)
* breakfast (which is included) is fine and very good, but not 5* (although you get the typical sparkling wine, but no cook for on demand egg variances or pancakes)
* spa is only open till 20:00
However, we enjoyed our stay and would come again

Last word: the main street from city of Miskolc to the Hotel is terrible! You can't drive faster than 70kmh due to the really deep potholes! Therefore follow a local car and watch when he is avoiding the holes - and do the same moves...

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brunni
Andrassyresidence, Guest Relations Manager at Andrassy Residence Wine & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Brunni,

Thank you very much for sharing your valuable comments on Tripadvisor.
I was very delighted to read that you were impressed by our welcome drink offered upon check in, the spa facilities and also the chocolate amenities in your room.
Regarding internet connection we are already taking steps towards improvement and by now most of our bedrooms do have wifi.
I have passed your comments to the Department Head in connection with the linen prepared in your room just as well as to our Executive Chef regarding breakfast. I can assure you they will be looking into options to improve the situation.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
I do hope we can welcome you back very soon at the Residence.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went to the hotel in January. I was really curious as I heard positive news about the place. It is located in Tokaj, one of the most famous wine area in the northern east part of the country. It takes 2.5 driving from Budapest, 80 % on highway. The hotel is in Tarcal near Tokaj (20 km).
The building is really beautiful, it is mainly new or renewed. The room is spacy, equipped with very nice furniture. Bathroom is immaculate, clean and nice.
The spa: it is probably the nicest spa I have seen in Hungary. It is perfectly designed, the colours are amazing.
Food: it is probably the weakest point of the hotel, I would say it is average. As far as the service is concerned, everyone was kind and helpful. It was a pity they had only one masseur it a time, so only one of us could try it.
All in all it is a very good place to stay. Congratulations!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've spent a perfect weekend in this enchanting place. The members of the staff were really helpful, they did their best to ensure our comfort. I had one of my best gastronomic experience - including local specialities with Tokaj wine, well-known dishes with some magical savor and wide range of wines.
The view of the room was lovely and it had five star comfort level indeed.
The cave bath was very realxing, I really enjoyed the experience and tropical shower (feels listening bird twittering under the waterfalls...)

Room Tip: We had room 208 with nice view to the church and the hill behind.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarcal
Grof Degenfeld Castle Hotel
#1 of 9 in Nyiregyhaza
Hotel Bodrog Wellness
Hotel Bodrog Wellness
#1 of 1 in Sarospatak

Been to Andrassy Residence Wine & Spa? Share your experiences!