“Superb food!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Near Sawrey
The Tower Bank Arms
Ranked #1 of 5 Near Sawrey B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Superb food!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Just been here for tea and its the best place I have experienced I'm the lakes. Had a starter of garlic bread with my wife and its the best garlic bread I've tasted! Both me and my aide ordered the sausage and mash and both were delicious!!! Mash was amazing, sausage was amazing and the gravy was delicious! Felt like we has to stay for pud and glad we did I had brownie and my wife had the meringue with summer fruit compot and both were delicious again washed down with old Rosie cider. Excellent food with excellent service which we cannot fault!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Curtleberries

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Glossop, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the village for a week and ate here twice. The food was lovely. The beer local and of great quality. The service was tireless and the staff were very pleased to see us.

If you like good home cooked food of a high standard then do try this place. It's really worth it.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank romycat_10
Penicuik, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I'm maybe cheating a bit as we only dropped in for one drink on Sunday 26 May. This was to kill time whilst weaiting for bus, and also to see why it was getting good reviews. We easily could have settled down for a session. Nice real ales, very pleasant service, and able to sit out in the sun. If I ever get back, I want it to be for a far longer visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Guisborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I can honestly say this is one of the best places I've EVER stayed. After an accident on Coniston last week my climbing partner and I were stranded in Sawrey for an extra night whilst we awaited a driver to bring us home. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. This is a real GEM. We had been staying in Sawrey House Hotel but they were full so we booked in to to the Tower Bank Arms. My friend walked down to the pub to see what time we could check in, whilst I waited on my crutches at Sawrey House. Within minutes Anthony arrived in his jeep and collected us both and all our gear to take us to the pub, which was very welcome in the pouring rain! Luggage was despatched to our room, extra pillows provided for my battered leg, fire lit, welcome drinks poured. He really couldn't do enough for us.
Some ladies on a coach trip called in for a coffee, and he was the perfect host with them too. In fact, Anthony was amazing with everyone who walked through the door. His staff were great too; Emma and Zoe were bubbly and funny with perfect "pub banter", they, Dan and Anthony made us relax happily after our trauma (helped by a few pints of Peroni and Old Rosie!).
Food was of a very high quality too, both in the evening and the next morning for breakfast. Melt-in-the-mouth shoulder of lamb, fabulous belly pork and huge portions too! Starters and desserts were of a very high quality and, as foodies, we certainly rated them more highly than the fine dining of Sawrey House. It has to be said that the Old Rosie at 7% had the required pain-killing effect in conjunction with codeine, and left me rather sentimentally telling the pub that I had died and gone to heaven when I got my dessert!!! ;) The new chef at the pub did himself proud! During the evening, Anthony even ran my friend into Hawkshead to get him some bits and pieces, which was kindness itself and more appreciated than we could say!
Breakfast was again a treat of lovely thick bacon, spicy sausage and perfect soft poached eggs along with homemade bread. Emma arranged a later breakfast for us and Anthony happily kept us topped up with tea and coffee whilst we sorted out our plan for the day. He offered to keep the room available to us all day so I could rest before my partner came over to get us in the evening, but we didn't want to take advantage of his hospitality.
We were sorry to leave...... :(
If you want a friendly pub, with great staff and atmosphere then this is the place for you. It doesn't have super posh rooms, but who needs that? We'd definitely go back again, hopefully under better circumstances next time around!!
Thank you Anthony for going above and beyond. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank RamblingRosie14
London
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We wanted a b b where we could take our dog. following the national trust recommendations we choose Tower Bank. We arrived early on the first day, Anthony the owner made us feel welcome straight away with a nice cup of their fresh ground coffee (locally roasted!). anthony lend us a local map for walks... so straight away we started enjoying the lake district country side.

Their largest room (called Methera) has an incredible view. The room has beautiful antique furnuture, the bathroom is large and modern. If you really need it: there is a large TV and WiFi (from BT openzone).

The breakfast is of very good quality and locally sourced. Lunch and dinner menu is home made, the beef stew with dumplings and home made chips are outstanding. The menu choice is small but it is understandable to keep the high quality but the portions are generous.

The best part for me is the customer service. e.g. we wanted to walk up Scarfel pike and Anthony , without asking, offered us to serve our breakfast earlier than normal hours; just so we could make the most of day.

Definitely going back Tower Bank!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank damianh07
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have just returned from a few days in the Lake District, staying at the Tower Bank Arms. It is a perfect country pub with very comfortable rooms, excellent food and a very friendly welcome. I would recommend this pub to everyone!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sharyn P
Northallerton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

A classic country pub in a good location close to lake Windermere. All the ingredients for a relaxing stay are in place: great customer care, warm welcome, open fire, great beer,good food and wine, comfortable beds and dog friendly. There is plenty of walking nearby. My friends and I will return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
#2 of 5 in Near Sawrey
Cuckoo Brow Inn
Cuckoo Brow Inn
#1 of 2 in Far Sawrey

Been to The Tower Bank Arms? Share your experiences!