Travers-Sabine Lodge
Alpine Lodge(Saint Arnaud)
$109
  • Restaurant
Owen River Tavern & Motels(Murchison)(Great Value!)
Murchison Motels(Murchison)
$89
Agoda.com
Gladstone Motel(Richmond)(Great Value!)
$100
Oxford Court Motel(Richmond)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewslog cabinthe kitchena great place to staystudio unitlake rotoitian easy walkone nightcomfortable bedsshowerhosteldormkitchenettelaundry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I have stayed one night. After checking out, I have naively assumed I will be able to stay in the lounge until my bus will arrive, so I went to walk around and when I came back, I have asked to stay in the lounge, the owner, literaly- kicked me out, told me "you can't stay here, go to the D.O.C, look at the display". It was a VERY cold day, I was freezing and he wouldn't enable me to stay, said lies about me leaving rubbish in the room- which was so far from true. I couldn't even use up my internet I purchased already. I would deffinately recommend you to stay away from there! Better go to the Alpine-Lodge

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Adva H
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Travers-Sabine Lodge (Nelson Lakes Motel). Rain outside, cosy, warm apartment inside. Nice little walk to the lake starts right at the back of the property. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrKaefer
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We've stayed here twice and have had a great experience on both occasions. Always very clean, friendly reception and the self contained units have everything you need. Comfortable beds, peaceful sleep, cooking facilities, Sky/Tv, walking track to the lake. We stayed in the smallest of the available self contained units. Stayed at another Lodge between visits when these guys were full and def wont be going back there again. Thanks for the hospitality :)

Room Tip: The rooms furthest from Reception, closest to the lake are our favourite :)
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Our group of 7 stayed here after bailing from dodgy weather whilst tramping in the nearby National Park. We were absolutely delighted at this backpackers. It is spotlessly clean, the water in the showers is really really hot, towels (and duvets,sheets and pillows) are provided, there is a wood-burner that heats the communal areas, plus heaters in the bedrooms, a large well equipped kitchen and dining area, a variety of room sizes (double up to 6 bed dorms) and friendly and knowledge staff (the photos on the walls of trips that Yvonne and her husband have taken in the hills are pretty spectacular as well). Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed May 3, 2009

The hostel section was booked out when we arrived so we stayed in one room of the cottage - the cottage having two rooms so we shared the living area and bathroom with other guests.

St Arnaud is quite a small place so it was an easy walk to the shop / garage / fish and chip shop. The DOC centre was also close by and there was a footpath down to the lake.

The room was of a good standard for a hostel and the living area in the cottage spacious. The weather was already a bit cold at night, there was one heater in the living room which worked well but would bit a bit noisy if you got cold at night. The bathroom had a bit of damp, but was otherwise ok.

We went on some overnight walks and were able to leave our bags in lockers and our food in the "tramper's fridge". The hostel was also vey helpful in letting us arrive early when returning from tramping.

When recovering from our blisters we enjoyed the TV with a good range a channels.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple