Luxury First Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Wabasca
See available hotels
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is my first time to see a wonderful hotel here in wabasca area.I visited here every year but nothing change with the type of accomodation they have but this " Luxury First Hotel" nice wood parquet, high definition television, new design of shower enclosure, wi-fi ready and friendly staff make you feel at home and comfortable. The bed was so comfortable and first class!!! Checked-in and checked-out were perfect and their extending their hand to assist your luggage. I will reccomend this hotel to my friends and i will go back for return visit...

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank amore i
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Booked 2 rooms 4 week in advance for work purposes. Talked to the hotel 4 times 2 times in person and 2 times over the phone prior to the check in date of February 11th and was assured that my reservations were guaranteed. The night before the reservations date the reservation was confirmed in person by two of the room reservations occupants. They were told the rooms were available the next night and the room numbers. Unfortunately when I tried to check in on the evening of February 11th I was told that I did not have a room reservation and would have to find accommodations someplace else. The bottom line is your reservations are not guaranteed.

Room Tip: Can't comment on the rooms because I did not get my reservation. Good luck getting a reservation. Not very many rooms available.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank dissapointed355
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The outside of the hotel looks just like the photos, nice and new! What a treat for the “wilds” of northern Alberta!

On check-in, I can only assume that everyone was still learning the systems as it was a bit slow. No worries there though, as the person who I assume was the owner or general manager was there making small talk as the clerk checked in our party of 3. He was very pleasant.

Arriving in the room, the first thought I had was “ok, this is pretty good”. This was until I started having a solid look around. There is a bit of unfinished work still. The crown mouldings seemed to have been cut and fitted by a blind person without a measuring tool as there are gaps all around the perimeter. The bathroom had a similar unfinished look. My traveling companions had pieces of 2x2’s hiding the gap / holding up the ceiling?

On the Wednesday night that we stayed, we decided to check out the restaurant. It’s a really big space, tastefully decorated. I’m pretty sure we got the one server of the 4 that were there that was more interested in chatting up his friends than serving customers as we had to call him over no less than 4 times. Thankfully, the food was very tasty. We noticed what appeared to be a DJ setting up as we were eating. It seems on Wednesday nights, the restaurant turns into some sort of dance club!

The restaurant has a set of double doors leading into the lobby, which then has double doors leading to the corridor of rooms. Very frequently, someone left the doors open so that the noise would flood the room corridor. I was not impressed. The only good thing is that I had work to do otherwise I wouldn’t have slept until the music stopped at midnight.

I peeked in the “spa” which consisted of a treadmill, a large vibrating massage chair, a medium chair, a mani-pedi station and an out of service upright tanning booth. This room was still very much under construction.

I can say that bed was super comfortable with luxurious duvets and bed linens.

In the morning, I looked for the coffee machine and discovered there wasn’t one! Nor was there a hairdryer in the bathroom.

I appreciate that they are a new venue, but to charge the astronomical rate they do and not have the conveniences of a coffee maker or hairdryer, plus being in the midst of ongoing construction, should warrant discounted rates until things are complete.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far, far away from the front desk...though there are only 11 rooms to choose from.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank McInMe
prince13, General Manager at Luxury First Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

finishing work is still going on with trim in the bathrooms that is why we see the prep work there.there is no coffee makers in the rooms because room service is available and you will get hot coffee delivered with out the trouble of making it,hair dreyers were going missing and again they are available at f/d dial zero and it will be delivered to your room.cost of room?
thank you for your comment ,we will countinue to work hard to meet and exeed expectations of our coustumers.