“Well kept”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Petionville
Rexburg, Idaho
“Well kept”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Kinam hotel and would like to rate it higher I just can't. It's an older hotel but the rooms are nice and clean. I also found the staff to be helpful and polite. I only ate at the restaurant once but the food was good. My only complaint was the busy road. There are cars passing constantly, honking and swerving around each other and the smell of exhaust is definitely in the air. Overall I was satisfied with the hotel but dissatisfied with the location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Mark C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I enjoyed staying in this place. The hotel buildings are fun and atmospheric, the location is great, right on the big square which has just been renovated. The room was fine, clean, not exciting, but not bad in any way. Breakfast was mediocre, but reasonable.

When I left they added $20 to the bill each day. They have written this in several places, but still it was easy not to notice. They say it is for electricity and water. Give me a break.

Put it in the room price like everyone else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank andrea c
constranttraveler, Manager at Kinam Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for the feedback you provided about your stay at Kinam Hotel, we have heard your comments and would like to inform you that we took measures in order to avoid any further confusion on your bills, please feel free to visit the rates section of our website to see the changes that were made thanks to you.
we hope to see you in the future and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
i would like to also inform you that we offer a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport please visit our shuttle page to view hours or operation
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Its hard to give the Kinam a good or bad rating when you are timid about being in a country that had recent devastation from a major earthquake and UN soldiers lined the streets 24hrs per day. I didn't use the pool, drink water or eat from the restaurant. The only thing I did was sleep and bathe in the room, and of course watch tv. There is no internet access in the rooms but you can go to the lobby area and pick up the hotel wifi for free to catch upon bbm or emails from during the day. With this said, the hotel staff was kind and there was no impending danger, the other guests seem fine to use the pool and eat as they pleased and the environment was generally ok. I didn't venture out to see if shops or restaurants were close but I'm sure if you did you would find that there wasn't any real danger.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ndunky
Lake Geneva
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed twice at the Kinam in 2011, and both times felt it was a very pleasant place to spend evenings after a hot day's work. The atmosphere has a very distinct and attractive local quality. The staff are friendly and welcoming, the food is good, with local touches too, the beer is cold, and even though the rooms are not top quality, the general feeling one has is good. (The internet connection regularly needs to be boosted, but on the whole, it works.)
Port-au-Prince is not a top travel destination, but the Kinam definitely contributed to making my stays agreeable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Muverans
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel is in the heart of Petionville, with plenty of places within walking distance or a short drive away. It^s tidy, and has a lovely outdoor dining area where I enjoyed a leisurely lunch and dinner, both nicely served and quite good. The room was clean, but the bathroom was on the old side. For those needing complete quiet, best to ask for a room away from the construction site next door. <Not cheap at close to $100 for a single, but I like the artwork and the general feel of the place, reflecting Haiti[s unique Gingerbread house heritage.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank LisandroVoyager
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for three days, Location and staff are good. The room was not worth the price . The bed was broken and squeaky. We had not complaint for the breakfast but when it comes to dinner very disappointed. Franklin was very kind, helpful and friendly. He made us feel very comfortable.

Room Tip: would not recommend the dinner
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was my second stay at the Kinam. My previous stay was for 8 days. My Husband and I had a Superior Room. It looked newly renovated with everything in pristine condition. We felt very safe and comfortable. Franklin was very kind and helpful at the desk. Our bags were brought up to our room because we had arrived before checkin.
The Lunch was excellent in the choices that were offered and in its meticulous preparation. The towels were very clean and fluffy. The bed was very comfortable. We slept very well at night and woke up early because we looked forward to breakfast. We were able to walk to St Pierre to take a few pictures, to the super market. The artists in the streets are amazing and right on the corner Street. we met with one of the owners' son (this is a family owned hotel) who explained to us the new project they are building and the reason they are making the extension. Kudos to them!
I highly recommend The Kinam Hotel because the employees, like the owners, are caring and friendly. More like staying over with friends in a very hospitable and professionally run hotel. I would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: if you do decide to go to Kinam Hotel, request a room with a balcony and pool view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tiana S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petionville
NH Haiti El Rancho
#1 of 20 in Port-au-Prince
Hotel Villa Therese
Hotel Villa Therese
#4 of 13 in Petionville

Been to Kinam Hotel? Share your experiences!