“The true meaning of family run guest house!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eikenhof
Ekala Guest Farm and Eco Tours
Ranked #1 of 3 Eikenhof B&B and Inns
Kennebunkport, Maine
“The true meaning of family run guest house!”
Reviewed April 23, 2008

I've always wanted to visit South Africa and finally in January '08 I had the opportunity to visit this lovely country. I booked my stay at the Ekala and on getting there I was a bit concerned about my safety, however I was picked up at the airport by Janet and taken to the guest house. I got there at night so I couldn't see much of the landscape however Janet was very kind in explaining to me were all the landmarks of Johannesburg were and also provided some background infrormation about the place in general.
When I got to the house I was welcomed by Linda and Malcom who showed me to my room. The room was well furnished and very comfortable. The view from the french door was amazing.
In the morning I was told about the various tours that were on offer and i decided to take the ones to SunCity, the Apartheid Museum, Cradle of Humankind, Lion Park and also the Cheetah Park. I enjoyed all of them and even though on some occasions the weather wasn't always so nice it was still a lot warmer then back home!
In the evenings I dined at the guest house and the food was excellent home made food. I also enjoyed a bottle of wine on some occasions and this was a nice treat.
All the people running the house were very helpful and attentive to all my needs and I felt like I was the only one visiting even though there were other people staying there.
All in all it was an amazing stay and I was truly sad to have to leave. I would recommend it to anyone who would like to enjoy the beauty of South Africa and enjoy a relaxing holiday!!
Looking forward to go there again!!

• Liked — friendliness of the staff
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank gatt777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dorset
Reviewed April 9, 2008

I had been dying to go to South Africa for years but was a little worried about my safety. However I heard about Ekala by friends of friends and decieded to take the plunge. On arrival in Johannesburg I was personally met by Janet (the owner) and driven back to the Guest Farm. My first night was lovely I had a swim then a homemade dinner with a bottle of wine - all on the terrace. The rooms are small but but my room had a patio which was very nice on a sunny day. In the first morning I had breakfast and met with Malcom (Janets Husband) and we discussed what tours I would like to take. I choose to go the Elephant Sanctury, Cheetah Farm, Pilanesburg Game reserve and Sun City. Malcom took and brought me back from all the tours even the overnight stays. I was so upset to leave, it was more like a holiday with friends than a guest farm.

• Liked — Patio
  • Disliked — Size
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank James19778

Been to Ekala Guest Farm and Eco Tours? Share your experiences!