All reviewsbeautiful poolpool areano wifi in the roomscentral locationthe hotel staffdelightful hotelloft bedroomreception deskbreakfast was includedblack beachhotel restaurantlovely little placean absoluteenjoyable stayout of the waybeautiful islandhustle bustle
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I see that I'm not the only one thinking that this Hotel should be a 3 stars and not a 4.

We spent 10 days there.
The hotel has a huge potential but it seems they don't care about it.

Our room was the 302.

Bad Points
1 - we paid 10 euros extra per day because we wanted to change the room (we wanted a balcony) and they even charged us for 10 nights when we spent 9 nights in that room. luckily I realized it.
2 - The window was shaking all the time because of the wind. We live in Sweden and sometimes you can't even walk for the wind but no windows shaking.
3 as consequence, when you open the window
A - you can hardly open the door
B - the door keep making a noise as somebody is knocking all the time so every time I had to put some paper under it
4 the toilet was incredibly small and the shover almost impossible to open.
5 salt water in the shower
6 dust everywhere
7 the cleaning lady was not cleaning but just making the bed
8 I ask if it was possible to change the light bulb in the toilette and in the end I change it by my self the day after
9 the breakfast is definitely not a 4 stars hotel breakfast
10 wifi is awful.
11 short staff
12 small fridge in the room that we had to unplug during the night for the noise
13 we had stained towels with some rust on it.

Good points
1 situated in the middle of the island in a beautiful place. With a scooter o a car you are half away from everything
2 amazing view
3 nice pool
4 Excellent service from Leonidas: he almost gave us his soul. He helped every person in the hotel giving suggestions about Santorini. Wonderful
5 Marina at the bar was also very helpful
6 we had 2 televisions in the room. One very old and one almost new but still: they were 2.
7 if you are looking for peace and quiet this is your hotel. When was fully booked there were no noise

In the end I would like to suggest them to fix the hotel because we both think that it's a beautiful place but they don't care about the details.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

There are good points about this hotel, don’t get me wrong.
In general terms I would rate this hotel at a place with great potential but at the moment it lacks of maintenance.
I guess, it all depends on how much you pay for the stay as it should not be above the rate charged by a 3 star hotel in the area and for the pictures, the hotel is not what you see on the pictures appart from the pool area.
We’ve stayed in this hotel for more than a week.

The good points:
• Excellent reception (day and night) and management staff, lovely people.
• Lovely view and pool.
• If you have a car, you are in a central position of the island and it is easy to visit it.

The bad points:
• Wi-Fi only in central areas and a bit unreliable.
• Breakfast staff shortage (there is only one person serving but this lady is there all the time hand washing the cutlery plus the hotel manager clearing the tables) you can see the owners sometimes in the Breakfast area, but they come to have their own breakfast, not to help!
• Breakfast is not good for a 4 star hotel (the coffee is horrible, only one “orange” color drink available as Juice, the butter is melted and not maintained at the right temperature, no fruits, no hot chocolate for children or any yogurt apart for Greek yogurt in a non so well maintained temperature, the rest is boring…very boring).
• The hotel seems a Gost place, the pool is most of the time empty because of the wind and we didn’t risk eating lunch there as we were wondering who will be cooking it.
• Sometimes you see the tables near the pool full of empty bottles and glasses as the staff will not leave the bar during the day to collect used glasses, bottles or plates.
• The rooms are not “boutique” they need updating, there was humidity on the walls of the one we’ve stayed, an old TV is hanging on the wall in a very precarious way, only one or two channels available, there is a small fridge in the room, but don’t expect to find glasses or bottle openers or minibar and the toiletries are basic just a soap and a cheap shampoo .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We just got home from Orizontes. Like all hotels, it has it's good and bad points.

Good: The pool is amazing. The people are nice enough. The breakfast is good. I had the best sleep there.

Bad: The food experience was horrible. No matter what we wanted, they were out of it. Every day went a little like this: "Can I have a chicken club?" "No - we are out of chicken" "When can I get some chicken?" "this is an island so we have to wait". "Will you have chicken in a couple of days?" "Probably not." "Can I have a mojito?" "No we don't have limes." "Okay - just a beer" "Sorry we're out"
The location is not great - if you are suicidal - you can walk to the town up the road - otherwise, just take a taxi or bus to Kamari or Fira.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 2girlsinparis
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel was great in all regards. The staff treated us so well and went above and beyond our expectations. We had a very intimate room with a balcony overlooking a beautiful pool. The staff arranged for us to have a private massage on the property, arranged for a rental car, and catered towards our every need. We highly recommend this hotel for anybody traveling to Santorini.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

the staff here was superlatively helpful. food was good, and although not on the shore. the location is still centrally located with sweeping hilltop views. Wifi a little spotty but functional. Leonides the nightime host was the kindest, most helpful person you could meet. the arranged a late check out for me, and also had a scooter right to my door. can't ask for a better experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo