I see that I'm not the only one thinking that this Hotel should be a 3 stars and not a 4.
We spent 10 days there.
The hotel has a huge potential but it seems they don't care about it.
Our room was the 302.
1 - we paid 10 euros extra per day because we wanted to change the room (we wanted a balcony) and they even charged us for 10 nights when we spent 9 nights in that room. luckily I realized it.
2 - The window was shaking all the time because of the wind. We live in Sweden and sometimes you can't even walk for the wind but no windows shaking.
3 as consequence, when you open the window
A - you can hardly open the door
B - the door keep making a noise as somebody is knocking all the time so every time I had to put some paper under it
4 the toilet was incredibly small and the shover almost impossible to open.
5 salt water in the shower
6 dust everywhere
7 the cleaning lady was not cleaning but just making the bed
8 I ask if it was possible to change the light bulb in the toilette and in the end I change it by my self the day after
9 the breakfast is definitely not a 4 stars hotel breakfast
10 wifi is awful.
11 short staff
12 small fridge in the room that we had to unplug during the night for the noise
13 we had stained towels with some rust on it.
1 situated in the middle of the island in a beautiful place. With a scooter o a car you are half away from everything
2 amazing view
3 nice pool
4 Excellent service from Leonidas: he almost gave us his soul. He helped every person in the hotel giving suggestions about Santorini. Wonderful
5 Marina at the bar was also very helpful
6 we had 2 televisions in the room. One very old and one almost new but still: they were 2.
7 if you are looking for peace and quiet this is your hotel. When was fully booked there were no noise
In the end I would like to suggest them to fix the hotel because we both think that it's a beautiful place but they don't care about the details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orizontes Hotel & Villas is ideally situated between the town of Fira and Pyrgos village offering breathtaking panoramic views of Santorini island, the renowned Caldera and Volcano, Fira, Oia, Akrotiri and the crystal clear blue waters of the Aegean. The hotel is build on top of a hill surrounded by vineyards and combines the traditional architecture of the Cycladic islands with modern interior design. Enjoy a relaxing swim in our beautiful swimming pool - one of the largest on the island - overlooking Santorini or explore the picturesque surrounding area. The hotel is only 3km from Fira town and within walking distance from the traditional village of Pyrgos, the biggest winery of the island - SantoWines, Prophet Elias Monastery, the Art Space private museum of art and many local tavernas, restaurants, cafes and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HRS and Hotel.de so you can book your Orizontes Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orizontes Santorini Hotel Pyrgos
- Orizontes Hotel Santorini
- Orizontes Hotel & Villas Santorini, Greece